Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 05-18-2007, 07:49 AM   #31
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
When you where in school Hey Jethro did you finish middle school or did they just kick you out and you have been a ward of the state all these years Maybe time for you to take some Midol
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:54 AM   #32
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
I wonder what kind of a stupid ****ing dumbass doesn't know that you CANNOT kick a middle school kid out of school.

THIS story even indicates that the expelled girl MUST attend an alternative school even though she has been expelled.

Not only are you showing your total lack of general knowledge, but you are also displaying an adamant desire to remain a uninformed by NOT educating yourself on the topic at hand before opening your mouth.

Typical christian piece of trash....
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:10 AM   #33
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
But anyway.....I have mixed emotions about the midol story. Yes the girl shouldn't have had it at school, but I think the alternative school for the rest of the year is plenty of punishment! I feel the drug abuse class is a bit much.
Women are usually addicted to midol for about 7 days a month then we gladly put it away til the next go round!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:14 AM   #34
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I am sure if anybody knows about being kicked out of school it would be you with you lack of knowledge Like I said cracker your math skills and debate skill are found lacking by everybody on this board you are a laughing stock and it makes you mad as in crazy mad. I bet you got picked on in school on a regular basis until they put you on that short bus and sent you to the other school. Did you make it out of 9th grade ?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:57 AM   #35
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
But anyway.....I have mixed emotions about the midol story. Yes the girl shouldn't have had it at school, but I think the alternative school for the rest of the year is plenty of punishment! I feel the drug abuse class is a bit much.
Women are usually addicted to midol for about 7 days a month then we gladly put it away til the next go round!

I agree, but it's like I stated earlier. Rules are rules and you either stick to them or you start discriminating for some and against others. At that point, the system starts to break down, kids learn that rules don't always apply, and the adults generally end up in more trouble than the kids. Best to set a standard and hold everyone accoutable.

BTW, Isaac is now on my ignore list. My apologies to the REAL christians here who had to suffer my wrath as a direct result of his extremely unchristian antics.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #36
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
I agree, but it's like I stated earlier. Rules are rules and you either stick to them or you start discriminating for some and against others. At that point, the system starts to break down, kids learn that rules don't always apply, and the adults generally end up in more trouble than the kids. Best to set a standard and hole everyone accoutable.

BTW, Isaac is now on my ignore list. My apologies to the REAL Christians here who had to suffer my wrath as a direct result of his extremely unchristian antics.
Hey that is the best news I have heard all day. I hope he places the rest of you on his ignore list too
and this guy knows about unChristian antics ? yea right

accoutable see spell check (accountable) and he calls himself brain
How many avatars here think brain will log on as a guest just to see how bad of fool he is making of himself ?
Old 05-18-2007, 12:57 PM   #37
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
must admit, don't really know the details of this story.
But I have a problem with expelling a kid from school over an aspirin.

I understand this whole no exception thing.. You bring a joint to school, you're out. A single hit of acid, you're out.. or whatever the case may be.
But I just don't see how an aspirin = getting kicked out of school.

As far as that goes, I just don't see kicking a kid out of school, as being in that kids best interest. Unless there's some other use to Midol that I don't know about.. I just don't see any "INTENT" to do wrong ?
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:48 PM   #38
BrainSmashR
Banned

Imagine an uninformed dumbass mentioning something like a "hit" of acid without realizing that LSD is a liquid and can be applied to any "hit" including a Midol.

Of course I've seen what passes for intelligence around here.

But hey, you've got an opinion, **** the details, right?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:51 PM   #39
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Actually, LSD is solid at room temperature.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #40
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Joe in a strange way I like you. You always nail the facts no avatar no smiles just the cold hard facts. Good post Sir.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:44 PM   #41
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Actually, LSD is solid at room temperature.
True, but it's a gas in your bloodstream. (bada bing!)

Cheech and Chong excerpt:

Cheech: "Here, man, mellow out. Here, take this"
Chong swallows something.........
Cheech: "No, wait a minute don't take that!"
Chong: "Hey man, what was that s*** you gave me?"
Cheech: "Man, that was the most acid I ever saw anyone take at one time"
Chong: "Acid! Man, I don't mess with that s***, man."
Cheech: "Heh heh heh, man I hope you're not planning on doing anything for the next couple of months."
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #42
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Well now the Midol story has now made national news. Just saw it on the Fox report with Shepard Smith.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #43
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
I didn't realize this.. but what is really going to do this girl in.. is the fact that another student got a hold of one of the midols. Regardless of whether or not she gave it to the other student, or the other student simply "took it" from her.

Other than that.. I do have a problem with these "absolute" rules. you're telling me.. for example, a straight A student. comes to school with an aspirin , they could get expelled.. I just don't see that being in the best interest of the student.

If it's happened multiple times.. or they are "handing out" pills.. then sure, that's a problem.

They have another rule, a kid gets in a fight, they get suspended.. PERIOD. My oldest son.. who is neither big, nor a bully, nor does he have a temper, and who KNOWS not to get in fights.. has had on an occasion to DEFEND himself... witnessed by multiple eye witnesses.. still got suspended. I mean, what is a father to do.. I couldn't even get mad at him.. even the principal said he didn't start it. But if some other kid is going to start throwing punches.. I can't with a straight face tell my kid to take off RUNNING to go TELL .. you know what I mean ??
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:14 PM   #44
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
I didn't realize this.. but what is really going to do this girl in.. is the fact that another student got a hold of one of the midols. Regardless of whether or not she gave it to the other student, or the other student simply "took it" from her.

Other than that.. I do have a problem with these "absolute" rules. you're telling me.. for example, a straight A student. comes to school with an aspirin , they could get expelled.. I just don't see that being in the best interest of the student.

If it's happened multiple times.. or they are "handing out" pills.. then sure, that's a problem.

They have another rule, a kid gets in a fight, they get suspended.. PERIOD. My oldest son.. who is neither big, nor a bully, nor does he have a temper, and who KNOWS not to get in fights.. has had on an occasion to DEFEND himself... witnessed by multiple eye witnesses.. still got suspended. I mean, what is a father to do.. I couldn't even get mad at him.. even the principal said he didn't start it. But if some other kid is going to start throwing punches.. I can't with a straight face tell my kid to take off RUNNING to go TELL .. you know what I mean ??
That seems to be similar to the self mutually assured destruction (MAD) policy that we had with the USSR in the nuclear arms race. It really doesn't matter who starts it, both parties loose.......... all parties loose.....
Old 05-19-2007, 11:04 AM   #45
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>Other than that.. I do have a problem with these "absolute" rules. you're telling me.. for example, a straight A student. comes to school with an aspirin , they could get expelled.. I just don't see that being in the best interest of the student.

It's not in the best interest of the student, it's in the best interests of the students. Zero Tolerance policies are a good thing because they allow the administration to enforce rules without being charged with discriminating against any particular subset of the population.

Without such a policy when 90% of the students suspended for drug problems were of one particular race, the school would have no defense against charges of favoritism, leading to lack of enforcement, which is a detriment to the entire school. This girl is a casualty of an imperfect system that is better than any known alternative.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote