Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > Ark-la-tex Coral Reef Aquariums

Notices

Old 12-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Latest rock flipping

In all it's green shaggy glory. Most of the fish had gone to hide out on the right side of the tank, so I didn't get real aggressive there. I made a quick job of it and I didn't clean the glass for these shots.

Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:19 PM   #2
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Interesting and also nice pics. What are some of the tech specs? Tank size - what fish and other critters, etc.? Don't know much but do spot a few clown fish... the orange and white buggers (thanks Nemo Movie)
j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:42 AM   #3
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
70G saltwater tank from Aquarium Concepts. Residents include two clownfish, one regal tang (aka hippo tang aka "Dory"), one cinnamon clown, one flame hawkfish, one bicolor blennie, one pseudochromis, two cleaner shrimp, two hermit crabs, two leather coral, two star polyps, one scalemia, and what I think is a soft finger coral or spaghetti leather??? Maybe coralman could remind me.

Thanks for asking about my tank. It's a great hobby and is very relaxing to watch. It's especially nice on cold winter's night.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
In all it's green shaggy glory. Most of the fish had gone to hide out on the right side of the tank, so I didn't get real aggressive there. I made a quick job of it and I didn't clean the glass for these shots.
Nice pics and tank Morph... The bare bottom reminds me of "Eng method" of aquarium keeping, and also the "Berlin Method" of "natural" system. One of the prettiest salt water aquariums I ever saw (and I've seen a few) was at a dive shop and it had nothing but coral rock and an airstone in it. (and water of course) Quite a contrast from the ion-exchange, carbon, trickle, mechanical, chemical, submicronic, dry, wet, yada yada filters.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:49 PM   #5
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
and also the "Berlin Method" [of aquarium keeping].
?huh?
Old 12-13-2007, 11:02 PM   #6
j.nc
Advanced Member

Berlin Method...

Looks like Dory just made it through Checkpoint Charlie....

Last edited by j.nc; 12-13-2007 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:35 AM   #7
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nc View Post
Berlin Method...

nice one. your chops are without equal.

Actually Berlin method refers to using microbe infested "live" rock to consume organic waste and act as a biological filter with additional help from a protein skimmer.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:05 AM   #8
Coralman

Rep Power: 0 Coralman is a jewel in the rough Coralman is a jewel in the rough Coralman is a jewel in the rough
The Berlin method was one of the first NEW ways of running a aquarium after years of undergravel filters. It is a good way to run a tank but there are many different ways of filtering a tank. I choose to keep the fish load down and use plants and water changes to balance the nitrates. In short there are ten ways to skin this cat and nine of them work. Rock flipping would be number ten
Old 12-14-2007, 12:32 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nc View Post
Berlin Method...

LOL, good one!

Mr. Hippo Tang....Tear Down That Wall!!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:31 PM   #10
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Nice set up there Morph!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote