Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Health & Wellness

Notices

Old 07-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #16
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
You are right, Spaghetti noodles don't have to do a thang.
That would be "bean pole" to you madaam.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:50 AM   #17
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
It is good to be healthy and work out on one hand and on the other nobody gets out alive The only way to receive eternal life is to shed this clay shell which is just a matter of a short time. Congrats to those that keep there clay shell in order. I just got off the treadmill I have been doing it every other day for the last three years and I hate it and love it at the same time. I guess I am addicted to the crazy thing. When I skip a few days I do not feel good.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #18
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
It is good to be healthy and work out on one hand and on the other nobody gets out alive The only way to receive eternal life is to shed this clay shell which is just a matter of a short time. Congrats to those that keep there clay shell in order. I just got off the treadmill I have been doing it every other day for the last three years and I hate it and love it at the same time. I guess I am addicted to the crazy thing. When I skip a few days I do not feel good.
Keep up the good work Isaac! Your tickerwill thank you for it!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:59 PM   #19
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Yes Isaac it is good for the ticker and good to be able to keep up with the wifey!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:25 PM   #20
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
I work out 5 days a week. 3 days with weights (MWF), 2 days cardio (TTh). Isaac is right in some regards. I've noticed that since I'm older I have to work out much harder to get the same results, AND I can't eat like I did when I was a young twenty something.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:38 PM   #21
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
I work out 5 days a week. 3 days with weights (MWF), 2 days cardio (TTh). Isaac is right in some regards. I've noticed that since I'm older I have to work out much harder to get the same results, AND I can't eat like I did when I was a young twenty something.
You should never mention Isaac on a workout thread. I do treadmill every other day but that is not much. Now Mrs. Isaac does the workouts and is in great shape.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:47 PM   #22
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
I'm pretty mad at myself.. last summer.. I started riding a mountain bike.. got up to 6 miles a day on it.. drank lots and lots of water... lost 20 freakin' pounds.. I was on a roll. I spent that summer building a deck for our pool.. I was able to work away through 100 degree days and felt freakin' GREAT.

Anyways, I quit at the end of that summer riding the bike.. quickly gained back the 20lbs.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:09 PM   #23
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
I'm pretty mad at myself.. last summer.. I started riding a mountain bike.. got up to 6 miles a day on it.. drank lots and lots of water... lost 20 freakin' pounds.. I was on a roll. I spent that summer building a deck for our pool.. I was able to work away through 100 degree days and felt freakin' GREAT.

Anyways, I quit at the end of that summer riding the bike.. quickly gained back the 20lbs.
Definitely, it's not fair. You can work out for years and stop and literally within weeks your body will revert back to it's genetic set point..
Old 10-22-2007, 10:00 PM   #24
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I thinking the key thing is cardio and lifting weights!!! And yes if you stop but for a week you can tell instantly.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:18 PM   #25
Morpheus
Advanced Member

yeah this cold has ruined this week at the gym. funny, the older I get, the smaller my excuse needs to be.