Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Government & Politics

Notices

Old 09-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #16
kansast
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug
Jerry Jones - Republican - reads like he has a "campaign strategist" writing all his stuff instead of what he really thinks. Unless he talks about himself in the 3rd person... which would really creep me out. Too "political" of answers that don't tell you anything you didn't already know from the picture.
LOL, that's funny, thing is, he looks like someone who would refer to himself in a third person "Jerry's runnin' for Mayor!"

Kansast
kansast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #17
windshop

Rep Power: 0 windshop will become famous soon enough windshop will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to windshop
I Like Liz

Anyone who lives in Highland and uses the word FUNKY in their website is ok with me. She also is the one candidate that realizes that the Arts is important to our community as well as her position on the city's responsibility for supporting it are key as well as knowing that a vibrant art community is a great draw for enticing new business and industry to our area.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:55 PM   #18
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
First off, I myself have lived in the Highland area, and while parts of it are very nice, the rest of it is a ghetto. I can assure you "Liz" does not live in the latter. Why is it our pool of political candidates always hail from the ranks of the phony intelligente? I'm disgusted with the whole damn thing.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:43 PM   #19
Bob
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
First off, I myself have lived in the Highland area, and while parts of it are very nice, the rest of it is a ghetto. I can assure you "Liz" does not live in the latter. Why is it our pool of political candidates always hail from the ranks of the phony intelligente? I'm disgusted with the whole damn thing.
LOL , what we need is a grassroots effort.. Get ol' "AL" here elected

I've become more and more disillusioned with the types of folks who appear to run for "office".
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:39 AM   #20
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Al Swearengen for Mayor!

We need some old-fashioned common-sense early-American spirit in current day government! As long as we keep re-electing the "same ole same ole", the results will be the same.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:55 PM   #21
windshop

Rep Power: 0 windshop will become famous soon enough windshop will become famous soon enough
Mayoral Forum Tonight LSUS

If you really want change, be vocal and let your voices be heard. Force your elected officials to perform to your standards and don't settle for less. Don't sit back and accept the same ol and don't be disillusioned. Call me an idealist, but I see that the voters can make a difference. By the way, be sure to vote and get your neighbors to vote as well. Apathy is the biggest asset of mediocrity.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:46 AM   #22
trkshot8

Rep Power: 0 trkshot8 will become famous soon enough trkshot8 will become famous soon enough
Figured it out

I want to vote for Jerry Bradley.?.?.?

Seriously, my values will not allow me to vote for a democrat, but after listening to the latest forum, Ed Bradley says the most of what I like to hear. Crime enforcement and downtown development are two issues I thought he had great responses for. Too bad he's not conservative.
trkshot8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:03 PM   #23
Mudbug

Rep Power: 0 Mudbug is on a distinguished road Mudbug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trkshot8
I want to vote for Jerry Bradley.?.?.?

Seriously, my values will not allow me to vote for a democrat, but after listening to the latest forum, Ed Bradley says the most of what I like to hear. Crime enforcement and downtown development are two issues I thought he had great responses for. Too bad he's not conservative.
if the man represent the way you feel about things, what difference does it make what party his voter registration card says?

I think that's my biggest problem about our partisan system - many folks won't even look at the issues and how the candidates plan to address them. Instead, folks look at the (D) or (R) after their name and just blindly pick.
Mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:31 PM   #24
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I am not informed enough to make a decision yet, however regarding Bradley and Swaine, I'm curious about what seems to be a trend in "TV personalities" and "movie stars" involved in politics in general. Instead of actors and talking heads, how about some writers and producers jumping in! I think I would trust those groups more, even if they don't look as good. Maybe we would have more substance if that were the case.

This would be my vote for a favorite Shreveport mayor:
* Any direct relative of Capt Henry Shreve
* A famous H.S. football coach
* The producers of this website
* Who ever produced the Louisiana Boardwalk
* Jebb Bush (no save him for New Orleans mayor)
Politics give me a headache give me a drink and some head banging rock and we can rock n roll!!!
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:11 PM   #25
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
Politics give me a headache give me a drink and some head banging rock and we can rock n roll!!!
Two types of people in this world, those who drink too much, and those who drink to little.

Good music, good 'spirits' and good friends.. what else do ya need
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:29 PM   #26
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Two types of people in this world, those who drink too much, and those who drink to little.

Good music, good 'spirits' and good friends.. what else do ya need
I don't drink enough and I don't have enough RL friends.

I need more heh
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #27
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
I need more heh
With your outgoing and bubbly personality, somehow I doubt that. IMHO, the best friends are RL friends who keep in touch virtually. It's nice to know the face and voice behind the text. I have RL friends all over the country now, but we don't see each other often enough, usually at conventions and such.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:25 AM   #28
Mudbug

Rep Power: 0 Mudbug is on a distinguished road Mudbug is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I need more heh

what's an RL friend?
Mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:38 PM   #29
windshop

Real Life = RL

I have found that my virtual friends are easier to deal with.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:21 PM   #30
trkshot8

Rep Power: 0 trkshot8 will become famous soon enough trkshot8 will become famous soon enough
Demo (crats) or (litionists)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug
if the man represent the way you feel about things, what difference does it make what party his voter registration card says?

I think that's my biggest problem about our partisan system - many folks won't even look at the issues and how the candidates plan to address them. Instead, folks look at the (D) or (R) after their name and just blindly pick.

For me, it goes way deeper than what their party is. Until democrats cease to support the ACLU, make a stand against illegal immigration, vote against increasing welfare and minority set asides, I will be forced to vote Republican or Independant. Even if I like Bradley's ideas, his root platform still involves these positions which I strongly disagree with. These values are most important to me personally. Others have different values.
trkshot8 is offline   Reply With Quote