Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > SB Football Fans > New Orleans Saints

Notices

Old 12-26-2006, 11:02 AM   #1
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Saints make it a very MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

Merry Christmas everyone. And the Saints did their part to make it a very Merry one indeed for this New Orleans Saints fan !

Quote:
The gifts keep on coming.
In a season in which the Saints picked up free-agent quarterback Drew Brees during the offseason and were able to secure Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush in the draft, New Orleans received a late Christmas present Monday night when the Dallas Cowboys fell to the Philadelphia Eagles 23-7 in Irving, Texas.

With the loss, the Cowboys, at 9-6, waved goodbye to any chance of getting the No. 2 playoff seed in the NFC, and for the first time in franchise history, the Saints, 10-5, secured the second seed.

New Orleans, which will close out the regular season against the Carolina Panthers, who are 7-8, on Sunday at the Superdome, gained a first-round bye and will host a divisional playoff game Jan. 13 or 14.
Saints Get Week Off

And for those of you not in the know.. here's a few things to be thankful for this year...

Reggie Bush, he's been getting better and better each game, rushed for over a 100 yards last game against the Giants.

And Duece ain't too shabby either, he also rushed for over 100 yards against the Giants and topped 1,000 yards on the year.

And it all starts at the top with their new Head Coach, Sean Payton, his first year as a Head Coach at that !! Excellent play calling, and nerves of steel :-)

And at QB, they call him the Breeze.. mr. Drew Brees, just about written off last year after a major Shoulder injury and surgery to repair.. he's come back this season as good as ever, and has given the Saints a reason to believe they can win every game! He's shorter than your average Quarterback, but plays very smart football, and has an accurate arm.

And Don't forget the star rookie Receiver, the cinderella story out of nowhere Marques Colston

And the list goes on and on, with too many names to mention, and Offensive front line that protects their QB, and A defense that has quietly managed to crush more than a few teams this year.

the Saints play Carolina next week, to end the regular season. For the Saints this is mostly a meaningless game.. it's unclear whether or not the Saints will try to limit the play of some of the 'regulars' in this game, as to avoid injury etc for the playoffs or not ? So other than that.. see you all in the Playoffs !!!!

Merry Christmas !!!!!

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:09 AM   #2
Betty Boop

Rep Power: 0 Betty Boop has a spectacular aura about Betty Boop has a spectacular aura about
Do not post here very often. but just have to say we are all just on pins and needles here. Just had to comment on this post. Thank you for all the great pics and info. Watching the Saints play has never been so much fun !!!!!

Afraid to say too much, don't want to jinx anything

Betty Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice
Afraid to say too much, don't want to jinx anything

The year of the Saint is going to be 2007 ! They have what it takes and the mo going too ! One month away from being Super Bowl Champs
Snow Man
Snow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:41 AM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Good Coach and Quarterback too !

Good combo of Coach and Quarterback maybe this is the year for the Saints. I know in years passed they will drop you in the grease just when you get your hopes up. I sure hope that is not the case this year
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:46 AM   #5
Bob
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Man
The year of the Saint is going to be 2007 ! They have what it takes and the mo going too ! One month away from being Super Bowl Champs
Snow Man
Hey there Snow Man.. like the attitude ! I'm with the "don't want to jinx" anything crowd So I'm just holding my breath, and hope no one wakes me up !! for it all must be a dream.

Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:14 PM   #6
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice
Is it time to plan the post Super Bowl Saints party yet ?

If no one gets hurt they are going all the way to the big bowl and then the ower of SBLIVE is going to throw a big post Super Bowl Bash at his house that is if his wife will let him and if not well we will have to rent a pub some where and make merry for the Saints are going to have there day in the sun !
Snow Man

I will drink to that !
Old 12-26-2006, 01:31 PM   #7
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Quote:
If no one gets hurt they are going all the way to the big bowl and then the ower of SBLIVE is going to throw a big post Super Bowl Bash at his house that is if his wife will let him and if not well we will have to rent a pub some where and make merry for the Saints are going to have there day in the sun !
Snow Man

I will drink to that !

LOL there Snow Man.. you can count me in on that party !!!
You have some inside connections ??
Old 12-26-2006, 02:20 PM   #8
Snow Man

You have some inside connections ??

No I do not have any inside connections. I will say with global warming maybe the sun will shine on the Saints and I THINK this is the YEAR ! Now I do know some pub connections and IF the Saints win I sure the whole town will be a party and there will be many a person drinking to that ! There is no team that can beat them with the mo going like it is. See ya in the winners circle !
Snow Man
Old 12-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #9
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
No I do not have any inside connections. I will say with global warming maybe the sun will shine on the Saints and I THINK this is the YEAR ! Now I do know some pub connections and IF the Saints win I sure the whole town will be a party and there will be many a person drinking to that ! There is no team that can beat them with the mo going like it is. See ya in the winners circle !
Snow Man
well then, let us know where the party is gonna be Snow Man.. with those PUB connections..

You've mentioned a couple of times about the "mo" what is that supposed to mean ? as in MOJO ?

Old 12-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #10
Snow Man

"mo" what is that supposed to mean ?

Momentum is "Mo" and the Saints are going to kick some ass and take some names and then the Saints will go marching in to pick up the prize of the year and there graduation rings. Gooooooooooooooooo Saints !
Snow Man
Old 12-27-2006, 04:33 PM   #11
Shreveopolis

Rep Power: 0 Shreveopolis will become famous soon enough Shreveopolis will become famous soon enough
They got their MOjo working!!

I'm just gonna be a nervous wreck when it comes down to playoff time..

GEAUX SAINTS!!!
Shreveopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:50 PM   #12
Snow Man

I'm just gonna be a nervous wreck when it comes down to playoff time..

Oh now do not worry for luck has nothing to do with it. The Saints have a great team this year and a great coach and they will win because they are good not because they are lucky.
Snow Man
Old 12-28-2006, 02:27 PM   #13
Bob
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice
Quote:
Oh now do not worry for luck has nothing to do with it. The Saints have a great team this year and a great coach and they will win because they are good not because they are lucky.
Snow Man
I'm amazed, I'm constantly running into folks, who are as sure as you are about the Saints this year. Yes I want to be as sure as well.. just been ingrained into my head all these years.. "saints choke in the end" kind of philosophy..

But like they say, "this ain't your father's saints"
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:03 AM   #14
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Looking for info on cutting paper bags

I know some of us Saints fans have to know the proper way to cut the eye holes and ears and mouth on a brown paper bag I do not thing the plastic bags are good they get stuck in you wind pipe Yes I am a Saints fan just thing back to the days of the brown bags. Can any of you young folks recall that ?
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:47 AM   #15
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I know some of us Saints fans have to know the proper way to cut the eye holes and ears and mouth on a brown paper bag I do not thing the plastic bags are good they get stuck in you wind pipe Yes I am a Saints fan just thing back to the days of the brown bags. Can any of you young folks recall that ?
Isaac
LOL the Saints ain't the AINT'S anymore.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
--Sir Winston Churchill
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote