Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-28-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Treasure Found

I think we were way off!!! They found it in C. Bickham Dickson park. Oh well...better luck next year.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:10 PM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
http://www.holidayindixie.com/treasure.htm

Those clues SUCKED! I've been to that park many times and half of those clues are so far-fetched that no one could've pieced it together! It was probably some lucky guy walking by that found it.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:13 PM   #3
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I think some people get out and search every darn park until they find it. Must have been one of THOSE PEOPLE.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:51 AM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
well damnation anyway
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:22 AM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
I read the explanations on the treasure hunt site. Check this clue out.

Quote:
What will you wear? How will you dress?
Will fancy attire or sportswear be best?

Clue lets the person decide which of only two would be appropriate-- It's the sportswear.
This clue was, by far, the worst. IT MADE NO SENSE!!! That park has nothing to do with fancy attire OR sportswear!!! It's a park in the woods!!! The guy who wrote these seriously needs to be replaced because he s**ks at it.

My most eligible place to look was at Liberty Garden near the Bossier Fire Dept. This garden sits on a small hill (incline). It is right next to the fire dept (red fire engines), police dept, court house (where you'd dress fancy for court), civic center, and city hall. The entire block is the municipal heart of Bossier! The garden is surrounded by a short wall of stacked stone (a demarcation). There are several stone slabs set side-by-side (curious juxtoposition) that serve as monuments to 9/11 and fallen Bossier police. And the benches there are the garden are SHAPED LIKE AMERICAN FLAGS!!!

We also checked the Heart of Bossier shopping center, where there is a construction zone with plenty of red signs around as well as additional traffic laws. There is also a sports bar, a fancy resturaunt across the street, bushes everywhere, and a flag at the post office across the street as well as a nearby billboard.

Last edited by AnimeSpirit; 04-29-2007 at 10:34 AM.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:51 AM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Treasure found

"DO NOT Seek The Treasure"

Oh Brother

Name:  _1205823_brother_300.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  12.6 KB
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:54 PM   #7
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Funny Isaac!
Old 04-30-2007, 02:39 PM   #8
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I've been doing the HiD treasure since I was a kid and these last few years have been AWFUL. I'm actually glad I was out of town all last week.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #9
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

I've only participated in the last 2 and I'm not impressed.

It reminds me of a treasure hunt we had back in Jonesboro, LA years ago. They had to stop having treasure hunts because one year, a crowd of people dug up the flower beds on the local courthouse lawn looking for the treasure (which, amusingly enough, was where the treasure was hidden).