Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 05-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Homegrown in Shreveport Bossier

SBLive! Editor Allen Marsalis discusses locally grown produce in Shreveport Bossier
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I would like to see more local columns like this one. Shreveport Times sux big time all they can talk about it national news. Allen you are getting better all the time. I love the farmers market I go all the time and I have purchased Hummer Honey at the market. I have a garden but I can not grow everything and the farmers market is a good place to fill in with real home grown stuff. Many local vegetable stands sell CA goods and call them home grown but the farmers market is the real deal
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Where is the farmer's market located?
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:46 PM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
Where is the farmer's market located?
Downtown just up the hill from Sciport ! Sat and Wed mornings get there early good stuff goes fast
Old 05-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #5
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
thanks
Old 05-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #6
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Great info!!

Great article!! The veggies look so awesome, and I LOVE Hummer & Sons honey. Can't wait for the market to open. Thanks for good info
Old 05-12-2007, 06:45 PM   #7
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Downtown just up the hill from Sciport ! Sat and Wed mornings get there early good stuff goes fast
Not this year! This year they will be open Tue evenings and Sat mornings according to the article. I work downtown and I plan on checking it out Tuesdays after work.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:13 PM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Not this year! This year they will be open Tue evenings and Sat mornings according to the article. I work downtown and I plan on checking it out Tuesdays after work.
I am a Sat morning kind of guy. That afternoon traffic sux big time. Oh how I love that Silver Queen Sweet Corn and sweet summer time onions with some lady cream peas !!! Oh almost forgot they sell some great whole wheat bread and add some honey to that and you got it going on
Old 05-12-2007, 07:19 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
I am a Sat morning kind of guy. That afternoon traffic sux big time. Oh how I love that Silver Queen Sweet Corn and sweet summer time onions with some lady cream peas !!! Oh almost forgot they sell some great whole wheat bread and add some honey to that and you got it going on
I can't wait until June 2nd Isaac. I forgot all about the lady cream peas!! How could I?? Yeah I'm even thinking of buying a deep freezer for the garage. I only have one unit right now in the kitchen. But good southern folks got to have a second unit or "deep freeze" on the patio or in the garage. I enjoyed this article as well and it has me thinking of long ago as a boy growing up in shreveport.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:24 PM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I can't wait until June 2nd Isaac. I forgot all about the lady cream peas!! How could I?? Yeah I'm even thinking of buying a deep freezer for the garage. I only have one unit right now in the kitchen. But good southern folks got to have a second unit or "deep freeze" on the patio or in the garage. I enjoyed this article as well and it has me thinking of long ago as a boy growing up in shreveport.
Rhertz I have the chest freezer in the carport and I call it the vault. I keep deer meat, fish, veggies and I think my wife looks at like a morgue
Then in June we get Ruston Peaches I married a Ruston PEACH and next week it will be 24 years I am the lucky one she is a mighty fine PEACH
Old 05-12-2007, 07:32 PM   #11
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbl_admin
SBLive! Editor Allen Marsalis discusses locally grown produce in Shreveport Bossier
Nice article Allen! Those veggies do look delish! I enjoyed buying some homemade soaps, salsa and bread last year at the market as well! There's no honey like Hummer's either! Yummy!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:19 PM   #12
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Rhertz I have the chest freezer in the carport and I call it the vault. I keep deer meat, fish, veggies and I think my wife looks at like a morgue
Then in June we get Ruston Peaches I married a Ruston PEACH and next week it will be 24 years I am the lucky one she is a mighty fine PEACH
Congrats on 24 years!! Wow, that's some good news on this forum!!
Old 05-12-2007, 08:20 PM   #13
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
I married a Ruston PEACH and next week it will be 24 years I am the lucky one she is a mighty fine PEACH
Congratuations Mr and Ms Isaac! My 24th happens to be next week too (monday) so imagine that. We both were at the alter in the very same week! Hey there buddy, next one is our "silver aniversary". A big one. I better start saving up!
Old 05-12-2007, 10:35 PM   #14
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations Mr and Mrs Isaac!!!

Hats off to Mrs. Isaac for putting up with him for 24 years!
Old 05-12-2007, 10:51 PM   #15
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

CONGRADULATION on your 24 and may you have at least 24 more years together. This is for both Mr & Mrs. Isaac and Mr.& Mrs. Rhertz.