Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Government & Politics

Notices

Old 05-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
The $400 Haircut

http://www.slate.com/id/2164520/

Let's have a reality check here. Do we really want a politian for president that would pay $400 for a haircut? If he spends that kind of money on a haircut, he would definately bankrupt this country. I see him throwing money away. My god what was he thinking? Is he that hung up on his looks?

piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
"I'm running for President! I gotta look PRETTY!!!"
Old 05-17-2007, 04:33 PM   #3
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>If he spends that kind of money on a haircut, he would definately bankrupt this country.

That's some solid logic right there.

Didn't Clinton get the same deal? I'm no fan of his, but he didn't bankrupt the country, did he?

The man made millions of dollars, he can spend his money on whatever he wants.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Who would be better to waste our tax money than a money waster. Sounds like he is particularly well suited for the job to me, although $4000 would have been more impressive...

Also speaking of Clinton, maybe the $400 included sex. Then it might not have been such a bad deal. You just never know.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:52 AM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Clinton was responsible for bankrupting our CIA and much more. If only he had gotten a 400.00 hair cut I would have paid for it. Well long as it was not a mullet
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:01 AM   #6
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Our CIA has never been bankrupt.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:16 AM   #7
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
There's NO way especially on a man that anyone could tell the difference in a 20 dollar haircut or a 400 dollar one! I've seen the man on tv numerous times and his haircut looks just the same as my husband's who frequents a local barber. It seems to me like a waste but if the man wants to throw his own money around like that than so be it!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:04 AM   #8
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
I agree, so long as he doesn't start throwing our tax money around too.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

The President doesn't spend our money, he asks Congress to spend it. It's an important distinction.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:14 AM   #10
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Details.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
So while we are on this subject, where do you men go to get a hair cut? Or do you get the fancy wash and styling treatment? Anyone rememeber Dan Fosters? Man the 70's were some crazy hair days. Mine was parted down the middle (feathers?) LOL
Old 05-18-2007, 06:00 PM   #12
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold

piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:20 PM   #13
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Stuff like that is, sadly, incredibly important. Ask Richard Nixon, grooming cost him the Presidential election. Kerry went through the same deal back in '04. May have even been the same barber.

Why is a $400 haircut considered more outrageous than the the $2,000-$14,000 suits Bush wears?
Old 05-18-2007, 06:33 PM   #14
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Stuff like that is, sadly, incredibly important. Ask Richard Nixon, grooming cost him the Presidential election. Kerry went through the same deal back in '04. May have even been the same barber.

Why is a $400 haircut considered more outrageous than the the $2,000-$14,000 suits Bush wears?
Joe I totally get your point. However I think in the case of a haircut, it is the fact that hair grows back out that bothers folks on tight budgets, whereas a suit or a $400 pair of shoes is seen as more lasting. I could be wrong. I don't think many folks can relate to $400 shoes or $14k suits either.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:55 PM   #15
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720

That is absolutely a Freakin' RIOT !!
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote