Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Entertainment

Notices

Old 06-10-2007, 10:00 PM   #106
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Another Bi-otch (I've lost count...is anybody keeping up with these?)

People who take their pets out to the country and "dump" them off.

Thanks to another idiot we now have a new dog!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:07 PM   #107
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Tbelle I just noticed that you are now an SB Live Veteran! Congrats!
Who in the world would drop off an innocent animal in the country and not find it a caring home? I do NOT understand that kind of mentality one bit!
Kudos to you for taking the poor creature in!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:16 PM   #108
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
We didn't get much choice on taking it in or finding it another home. At 11:30 last night I heard little Belle go down the stairs, sneak out the kitchen door, and go outside to check on her. This morning he woke up at the crack of dawn and we found him outside again with her. She was licking him and playing with him and you could easily see that someone had fallen in love with this dog. Daddy Belle had helped him pick out a name before his siblings could arise.

She's such a sweet dog. I can't imagine someone would have done this to her. We also have a Siberian Husky that was dumped at a shelter and he is very sweet as well. I am with you, I just don't understand these people who can do this.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:22 PM   #109
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
We didn't get much choice on taking it in or finding it another home. At 11:30 last night I heard little Belle go down the stairs, sneak out the kitchen door, and go outside to check on her. This morning he woke up at the crack of dawn and we found him outside again with her. She was licking him and playing with him and you could easily see that someone had fallen in love with this dog. Daddy Belle had helped him pick out a name before his siblings could arise.

She's such a sweet dog. I can't imagine someone would have done this to her. We also have a Siberian Husky that was dumped at a shelter and he is very sweet as well. I am with you, I just don't understand these people who can do this.
I admire you folks who manage to take in stray animals when they can..
Me personally.. on one hand, I would like to do that, I have plenty of room out here.. but I'm a One-dog man.. At different times I've had two, loved them both, but in the end.. I prefer it just be one-dog house.. for several reasons.. . but anyways.. I DO have a soft spot for Malamutes and Huskies.. if I ever saw one stranded, I would just have to take it in..

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:35 AM   #110
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
I admire you folks who manage to take in stray animals when they can..
Me personally.. on one hand, I would like to do that, I have plenty of room out here.. but I'm a One-dog man.. At different times I've had two, loved them both, but in the end.. I prefer it just be one-dog house.. for several reasons.. . but anyways.. I DO have a soft spot for Malamutes and Huskies.. if I ever saw one stranded, I would just have to take it in..

Careful what you say Latenight! We have both a Malamute and a Husky out here now and if one should ever need a home, you are first on the list. They are both dogs we have rescued and I can't fathom why someone abandoned either dog. They are both great dogs! Oh well, their loss is our gain.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #111
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Latest Bi-otch
When you make an appointment with someone and you're left sitting in waiting area long passed your appointment. I had an appointment today for 10:00, at 10:30 I'm still waiting. You go to the doctor for a 9:00 appointment at 10:00 you're still waiting to get in the back and once you get in the back you wait some more. What is the purpose of appointments, the people act as if their time is more important than yours and you are paying them. What if I made appointments with people to come to my house and I had them to wait in the living room for a hour or two while I cleaned before dealing with them.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:37 PM   #112
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Last biotch's...

- Bartenders who can't make a "proper" martini.
- Bartenders who use "margarita mix" instead of fresh juices.
- Leaving my home to go out drinkin'
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:50 PM   #113
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
Latest Bi-otch
When you make an appointment with someone and you're left sitting in waiting area long passed your appointment. I had an appointment today for 10:00, at 10:30 I'm still waiting. You go to the doctor for a 9:00 appointment at 10:00 you're still waiting to get in the back and once you get in the back you wait some more. What is the purpose of appointments, the people act as if their time is more important than yours and you are paying them. What if I made appointments with people to come to my house and I had them to wait in the living room for a hour or two while I cleaned before dealing with them.
Ok, let me defend the doctors here. The problem with the whole appointment thing is this. Most doctors try and schedule their patient's in certain time increments. A lot do this based on the particular issue you are coming in for or base it on whether you are an established patient, etc. So imagine this, Patient Ava tells the receptionist when she schedules her appointment that she is just coming in for a ear ache. However when she gets in the room with the doctor (who thinks this will be short and his recept. scheduled 15 minutes or so) Patient Ava tells doctor I have an ear ache, indigestion, diarrhea, my toe hurts, and a whole list comes spewing out. By the time he finishes with her, he is running 15-20 minutes behind. This is how a doctor ends up leaving you waiting. It's not something he did or his staff, it's typically some patient in front of you. There is no way to accurately predict that a doctor can and will get to you in a timely fashion. I do know a whole lot of doctors and know that most try to get to you as quickly as possible. They don't like to leave people waiting. There are exceptions to this but not many. If you are seeing a surgeon or the such, there schedules are the most unpredictable. You must be patient with them and know that you will likely wait particularly if you are seeing them on the same day that they've done surgery.

I hope this helps you be a little patient with the docs. They really do try hard to do a good job for you.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:10 PM   #114
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Ok, let me defend the doctors here. The problem with the whole appointment thing is this. Most doctors try and schedule their patient's in certain time increments. A lot do this based on the particular issue you are coming in for or base it on whether you are an established patient, etc. So imagine this, Patient Ava tells the receptionist when she schedules her appointment that she is just coming in for a ear ache. However when she gets in the room with the doctor (who thinks this will be short and his recept. scheduled 15 minutes or so) Patient Ava tells doctor I have an ear ache, indigestion, diarrhea, my toe hurts, and a whole list comes spewing out. By the time he finishes with her, he is running 15-20 minutes behind. This is how a doctor ends up leaving you waiting. It's not something he did or his staff, it's typically some patient in front of you. There is no way to accurately predict that a doctor can and will get to you in a timely fashion. I do know a whole lot of doctors and know that most try to get to you as quickly as possible. They don't like to leave people waiting. There are exceptions to this but not many. If you are seeing a surgeon or the such, there schedules are the most unpredictable. You must be patient with them and know that you will likely wait particularly if you are seeing them on the same day that they've done surgery.

I hope this helps you be a little patient with the docs. They really do try hard to do a good job for you.
That is good but I was using them as an example. I did not see a doctor this morning. But i have run into this with a number of fields { ex: doctors, lawyers, hair appointments] I went to a lawyer one day with a 10:00 appointment, at 10:15 the secretary said let me see if he is ready for you. Then i wait another 30 minutes. I just saying if you can't keep the appointment don't make them. I'd lot rather someone tell sit down I'll try to work you in than to keep me sitting. Like I've said I've seen this in a number of different professions.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:55 PM   #115
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
From the Far Side...

Our yard man! He is psycho! Have y'all seen Caddy Shack? He IS Bill Murray!
He had been mowing a little while and then I notice that the mower has stopped. I don't hear anything for a long while. He is standing in the middle of our backyard with shovel in hand staring at the ground. He marches around in circles staring and stomping over and over. (It really is quite humorous) but still I need him to get the yard completed so I can go on about my business etc. Anyway he says he is hunting for moles and gophers! He thoroughly is obsessed! He also has a knack for showing up at the worst possible times.
It used to be during mine and Mr. Pokie's wine time on the back porch. Lately it's been when I'm in my tub. I have to remember to close the blinds! One day I looked up and here he came around the backyard and I'm in the tub!
Guess that's enough bi-otching for now!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:08 PM   #116
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Our yard man! He is psycho! Have y'all seen Caddy Shack? He IS Bill Murray!
He had been mowing a little while and then I notice that the mower has stopped. I don't hear anything for a long while. He is standing in the middle of our backyard with shovel in hand staring at the ground. He marches around in circles staring and stomping over and over. (It really is quite humorous) but still I need him to get the yard completed so I can go on about my business etc. Anyway he says he is hunting for moles and gophers! He thoroughly is obsessed! He also has a knack for showing up at the worst possible times.
It used to be during mine and Mr. Pokie's wine time on the back porch. Lately it's been when I'm in my tub. I have to remember to close the blinds! One day I looked up and here he came around the backyard and I'm in the tub!
Guess that's enough bi-otching for now!
Oh man, that's bad but it is also halarios. I can just picture a Bill Murray in the yard.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:59 PM   #117
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
"Oh Mrs. Crane, you're a little monkey woman. Yeah, you're lean, mean, and I bet you're not too far in between are ya. How'd you like to wrap your spikes around my-"

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	billmurray.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	797  

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:39 AM   #118
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

That is perfect LateNight! I came home another time and Bill oh I mean Yard Man was lying face down in my front yard not unlike this photo! Neighbors were calling asking me if I knew their was a man lying face down in my front yard! On another occasion he had his wife babysit in a lawn chair just staring at the ground for an hour or so hoping to catch a glimpse of that rascal!The stories go on and on!

Last edited by Pocahontas; 06-20-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:54 AM   #119
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

That was a good one LN. Polkie I hope he is good at his job, if not I'd watch out for him. But he does sound halarious.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #120
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
We live in a land where we can Bi-otch as much as we would like and it is all because of many brave soldiers that have shed blood for that right
Please continue your Bi-otching it is your right as a American

Now let us here what ELVIS thinks about this matter
http://home.comcast.net/~nw-fla/trib...B_thompson.htm
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote