Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 02:42 PM   #16
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran
 
LateNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,609
Rep Power: 190 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
here we go
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:00 PM   #17
joepole
SBLive! Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,606
Rep Power: 181 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>I could confidently take the pros of your argument and refute them

That is not "presenting both sides of an argument," that is presenting one side of an argument.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:55 PM   #18
Morpheus
Advanced Member
 
Morpheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 499
Rep Power: 146 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
>I could confidently take the pros of your argument and refute them

That is not "presenting both sides of an argument," that is presenting one side of an argument.
I'm not following your superior intellect Joe. How can I refute something that I do not present?

For example, my colleague, Joe, says that the world is flat. In defense of his theory, Joe states A, B, and C (it will help if you imagine that A, B, and C are consistent with current accepted science). Well my friends, Joe is not correct. On point A (disprove A), on point B (disprove B), and finally on point C (disprove C). This is Comp 101 Joe.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:05 PM   #19
Morpheus
Advanced Member
 
Morpheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 499
Rep Power: 146 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
BTW Tomoshibi, sorry to hijack your thread. I don't mean any disrespect.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:18 PM   #20
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member
 
Al Swearengen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 849
Rep Power: 169 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
I think "Tom" correctly assumed that everyone is by now completely familiar with the "ascension" theory, which is why he didnt bother rehashin it in his article.
__________________
Molon Labe!
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:21 PM   #21
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 240 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
I'm not following your superior intellect Joe. How can I refute something that I do not present?

For example, my colleague, Joe, says that the world is flat. In defense of his theory, Joe states A, B, and C (it will help if you imagine that A, B, and C are consistent with current accepted science). Well my friends, Joe is not correct. On point A (disprove A), on point B (disprove B), and finally on point C (disprove C). This is Comp 101 Joe.
Morpheus 1
Joepole 0
next round
Time for someone to go see the oracle.
Click image for larger version

Name:	matrix21.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1901
__________________
Maranatha
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:08 PM   #22
joepole
SBLive! Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,606
Rep Power: 181 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Quote:
I'm not following your superior intellect Joe. How can I refute something that I do not present?
Easily. I could present it, you could assume the listener knows it, it could be present in some referenced material, etc.


Quote:
For example, my colleague, Joe, says that the world is flat. In defense of his theory, Joe states A, B, and C (it will help if you imagine that A, B, and C are consistent with current accepted science). Well my friends, Joe is not correct. On point A (disprove A), on point B (disprove B), and finally on point C (disprove C).
But in that case you're only providing support for your own point of view, something you earlier described as something only someone with a weak argument does.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:09 PM   #23
joepole
SBLive! Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,606
Rep Power: 181 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Quote:
Morpheus 1
Joepole 0
next round
You were the referee in charge of watching Arkansas' defensive players for holding, weren't you?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:23 PM   #24
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member
 
Al Swearengen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 849
Rep Power: 169 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
I'm not following your superior intellect Joe. How can I refute something that I do not present?
Morph, the real question isnt how but why would ya refute somethin ya didnt present? Not that it matters anyway, since we can count on Joe to do the refutin!
__________________
Molon Labe!
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:39 PM   #25
joepole
SBLive! Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,606
Rep Power: 181 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Quote:
why would ya refute somethin ya didnt present
Because that's how every argument/disagreement/discussion of opposing viewpoints ever happens. Person A says something Person B disagrees with and Person b refutes it.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:43 PM   #26
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran
 
rhertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,834
Rep Power: 216 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
Person A says something Person B disagrees with and Person b refutes it.
I refute that! Maybe Person B agrees to disagree. Person A may still disagree to 'agree to disagree'.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:44 PM   #27
joepole
SBLive! Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,606
Rep Power: 181 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I can't agree to that.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:49 PM   #28
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran
 
LateNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,609
Rep Power: 190 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
I refute that! Maybe Person B agrees to disagree. Person A may still disagree to 'agree to disagree'.

BAM ! In your face !! LOL
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:06 PM   #29
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member
 
Al Swearengen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 849
Rep Power: 169 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Lets all just refute everything each other says, every time one of us says somethin. Wouldnt that be fun?
__________________
Molon Labe!
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:08 PM   #30
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member
 
Al Swearengen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 849
Rep Power: 169 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
I can't agree to that.
No, ya could agree to it. Ya just wont. There's a difference.

Note how I successfully refuted that statement. Joe is now squirmin in the grip o' reason.
__________________
Molon Labe!

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 11-29-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com