Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > World News

Notices

Old 02-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Driver crashes into DMV building injuring 11

http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI39780/

Quote:
DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- An 80-year-old woman crashed her car into a driver's license bureau Wednesday, injuring 11 people, police said.
What a place to crash into in your car! I dunno about this one. Anyone think there should be some kind of official age limit when you are legally unable to drive? I think the law pretty much lets you drive now until you're unable to see or unable to take the driving test for whatever reason.

Last edited by AnimeSpirit; 02-16-2007 at 09:26 AM.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
Lions Welp

Rep Power: 0 Lions Welp has a spectacular aura about Lions Welp has a spectacular aura about Lions Welp has a spectacular aura about
I take it the person failed the test

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI39780/

What a place to crash into in your car! I dunno about this one. Anyone think there should be some kind of official age limit when you are legally unable to drive? I think the law pretty much lets you drive now until you're unable to see or unable to take the driving test for whatever reason.
The DMV just is a bad place to be. Taking the keys out of the hands of a older person is not a easy thing to do but there comes a time and family should do it but there is not always someone to step up and do this very hard job.
Lions Welp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Yeah, my mother thinks she's the best driver in the world and this gives her the authority to nickpick everyone else's driving. It's a real pain.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #4
Lions Welp

Rep Power: 0 Lions Welp has a spectacular aura about Lions Welp has a spectacular aura about Lions Welp has a spectacular aura about
My kids scare me big time

I have two kids that drive and I wonder how they are still alive ? I see why the insurance is so high on young drivers. I will say it is nice to have them drive when we go out to eat so I can have a drink and have them drive me home then they do not scare me so bad I just do not look
Lions Welp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:13 PM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Oh, my mother points out when I'm approaching a stop sign/traffic light. She reminds me to look both ways before turning onto another road. She prompts me to speed up or slow down, depending on my speed. She reminds me to start slowing down when approaching a car that has stopped ahead of me. I have a perfect driving record and have NEVER damaged a car or got a ticket in 8 years of driving. I don't even want to drive with her in the car because it is so annoying.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:45 PM   #6
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
i didn't read the article but understand most elderly people don't want to have to rely on anyone to bring them anywhere. I agree there comes a time when you can't drive anymore and yes the license/car whatever should be taken away. But until they are really incapable of driving leave them alone because if the younger people have to drive the elderyly around all they do is complain how much of a PITA the elders are.

someone tell me i am incorrect
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #7
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

My mother, sister, and I were discussing that issue in the car one day. My mother asked if how I'd feel when I'm her age and I wouldn't be allowed to drive. My sister laughed when I replied, "By the time I'm your age, I would hope that I'd have my own limo and driver."