Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #16
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran
 
Texasbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,819
Rep Power: 221 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Pet food recall expanded to include Canada-made products.

There's going to be a lot of sick cats and dogs out there before this is all over with.
The dog trainer we use for Rosie feeds her dogs a "raw food diet" which consists of raw chickens mainly. She says since this food thing happened she has never been so glad to be feeding her dogs that. And get this..she has Leonburgers, four of them. Sherman, her largest weighs about 150 lbs. Imagine feeding that!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:24 PM   #17
Brutus
Member
 
Brutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0 Brutus is a jewel in the rough Brutus is a jewel in the rough Brutus is a jewel in the rough
This is a job for Homeland Security

Now you must look at this as how easy it would be for China to kill the world. It was contaminated food products from China that end up in our pet food. This is not the first time this has happened. A few years ago China was also found to be dumping contaminated seafood into Louisiana. Thanks to BOB ODOM, I feel I must capitalize his name do to his rank in Louisiana, and the department of Agriculture for watching our food supply chain.
Brutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:32 PM   #18
Isabella
Advanced Member
 
Isabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 487
Rep Power: 193 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
There is no reason we should buy food or ingredients for foods from China or any other foreign country and this includes food for our pets. I bet it does not say on the dogfood label the ingredients came from China.
__________________
Where there is a will there is a way!
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:05 AM   #19
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 274 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Talking Welcome aboard Brutus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus
Now you must look at this as how easy it would be for China to kill the world. It was contaminated food products from China that end up in our pet food. This is not the first time this has happened. A few years ago China was also found to be dumping contaminated seafood into Louisiana. Thanks to BOB ODOM, I feel I must capitalize his name do to his rank in Louisiana, and the department of Agriculture for watching our food supply chain.
So glad to see a new member. You sound well informed on this and good for us and BOB ODOM for keeping eyes wide open. I hope you will post in the future and welcome to the board.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:45 AM   #20
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran
 
LateNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,609
Rep Power: 224 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Yea, I don't know what the deal is with this contaminated "Wheat gluton" I think they call it ? That came from China.. what, we dont' have enough Wheat farmers in the U.S. ? And WTF, do we have Crawfish from china and the like in the local grocery store ??????

It's sacrilege I tell ya !

Homegrown's
all right with me.
Homegrown
is the way it should be.
Homegrown
is a good thing.


LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:38 PM   #21
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran
 
rhertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,834
Rep Power: 251 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Yea, I don't know what the deal is with this contaminated "Wheat gluton" I think they call it ? That came from China.. what, we dont' have enough Wheat farmers in the U.S. ? And WTF, do we have Crawfish from china and the like in the local grocery store ??????

It's sacrilege I tell ya !

Homegrown's
all right with me.
Homegrown
is the way it should be.
Homegrown
is a good thing.


Don't forget homegrown tomatoes! There is no comparison to those enemic storebought counterparts. I doubt they are from china though.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #22
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran
 
Texasbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,819
Rep Power: 221 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Don't forget homegrown tomatoes! There is no comparison to those enemic storebought counterparts. I doubt they are from china though.
Yummy! Can't wait to have some home grown tomatoes this summer!!!!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #23
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 274 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Do any of you have current garden photos ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Yummy! Can't wait to have some home grown tomatoes this summer!!!!
I will shoot some of my little garden tomorrow and post.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:35 PM   #24
refugen3
Member
 
refugen3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 45
Rep Power: 0 refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice
Gardens and pets

I have a garden. I need to weed my garden (no pictures though)
That's a place I like to be. My animals enjoy it as much as I. My lab, Shotzie surprised us last year by taking off with all our watermelons!! She is very adventurous in her garden eating habits. My cats like to play with my feet while I weed and my chickens ( 9 plus the rooster) love to eat the bugs. Imagine that.
Perhaps I should simply feed the dogs and cats chicken, rice and vegies.......
I wonder if my chickens would like that?
No, seriously I think I'll research & see what pet food co. are completely American based. We farm hay - but I can't feed 'em that
refugen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #25
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 274 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
You sound like a earth mother refugen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by refugen3
I have a garden. I need to weed my garden (no pictures though)
That's a place I like to be. My animals enjoy it as much as I. My lab, Shotzie surprised us last year by taking off with all our watermelons!! She is very adventurous in her garden eating habits. My cats like to play with my feet while I weed and my chickens ( 9 plus the rooster) love to eat the bugs. Imagine that.
Perhaps I should simply feed the dogs and cats chicken, rice and vegies.......
I wonder if my chickens would like that?
No, seriously I think I'll research & see what pet food co. are completely American based. We farm hay - but I can't feed 'em that
I love my garden and wish I lived where I could have some yard birds and dogs got plenty of those. Cats would be good if I lived out in the country I worked on a dairy farm in college and love the earth myself. One other earthy thing I love to shoot whitetail deer. I do think they are pretty. Back to thread I use Natural Balance it cost a bit much but is great food. I like your post and yet another welcome to the board. Please tell me what refugen3 is or just a hint anyway.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #26
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran
 
Texasbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,819
Rep Power: 221 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I love my garden and wish I lived where I could have some yard birds and dogs got plenty of those. Cats would be good if I lived out in the country I worked on a dairy farm in college and love the earth myself. One other earthy thing I love to shoot whitetail deer. I do think they are pretty. Back to thread I use Natural Balance it cost a bit much but is great food. I like your post and yet another welcome to the board. Please tell me what refugen3 is or just a hint anyway.
Isaac
How would Mrs. Isaac feel about living in the country?

We live out in the country and love it!!!!We've already discussed the swimming pool benefits of living out here, we also can have horses which we do, grow all the vegetables we want, and we are not cramped by neighbors. I could go on for days about the benefits. I highly recommend the country life.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #27
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran
 
rhertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,834
Rep Power: 251 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
The dog trainer we use for Rosie feeds her dogs a "raw food diet" which consists of raw chickens mainly. She says since this food thing happened she has never been so glad to be feeding her dogs that. And get this..she has Leonburgers, four of them. Sherman, her largest weighs about 150 lbs. Imagine feeding that!
I was just catching up on my reading here. did you say "raw chicken"?? I must have missed that the first time. What about bad bacteria and food born disease with chicken? Heh, don't get me wrong. I loves me some raw fish. Maybe even Kobe beef if I ever had the chance. (haven't so far) But raw chicken? that sounds as bad as raw pork. How do you spell Tricanosys and Ecoli, and all those latin words?? But you know what I mean... I'm sure this trainer knows more than I do, don't get me wrong. That's why I'm asking..
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:11 PM   #28
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran
 
Texasbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,819
Rep Power: 221 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I was just catching up on my reading here. did you say "raw chicken"?? I must have missed that the first time. What about bad bacteria and food born disease with chicken? Heh, don't get me wrong. I loves me some raw fish. Maybe even Kobe beef if I ever had the chance. (haven't so far) But raw chicken? that sounds as bad as raw pork. How do you spell Tricanosys and Ecoli, and all those latin words?? But you know what I mean... I'm sure this trainer knows more than I do, don't get me wrong. That's why I'm asking..
I quizzed her heavily on the issue of the chance of salmonella, etc. She has never had one of her dogs get sick from a bacteria. She is very clean with the chicken. She takes great care to wash up very well behind in the kitchen after preparing their meals. I think she's got it down to a science. She's been doing it for many years so there is a lot of experience as well. This lady is so great with training the dogs, working with the dog according to their breed and breed traits, and knowing how to care for dogs. We've learned a wealth of information from her.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:45 PM   #29
refugen3
Member
 
refugen3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 45
Rep Power: 0 refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I love my garden and wish I lived where I could have some yard birds and dogs got plenty of those. Cats would be good if I lived out in the country I worked on a dairy farm in college and love the earth myself. One other earthy thing I love to shoot whitetail deer. I do think they are pretty. Back to thread I use Natural Balance it cost a bit much but is great food. I like your post and yet another welcome to the board. Please tell me what refugen3 is or just a hint anyway.
Isaac
just take out the n, change to in and
Weren't you the one who mentioned mind games?
I shouldn't give myself away too quickly now......

PS: I sure have gutted and quartered my share of deer. They make for some good eatin', ( battered and fried is my favorite ) I just can't bring myself to shot 'em.
refugen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:51 PM   #30
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 274 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Talking Howdy friend ! You sure enough right about the mind game

Quote:
Originally Posted by refugen3
just take out the n, change to in and
Weren't you the one who mentioned mind games?
I shouldn't give myself away too quickly now......

PS: I sure have gutted and quartered my share of deer. They make for some good eatin', ( battered and fried is my favorite ) I just can't bring myself to shot 'em.
I love to eat them too. So here is the deal I will kill them you deep fry them and we will eat them. I love to hunt but with a house full of girls not one of them cares to see my truck backed in with that red trail running down the drive way I will be reading your post there refugen3 and I have a idea but I will hold my thoughts for now
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com