Ohio Wins I-Bowl
Ohio I-Bowl News 12-
Sandy Hook Tribute
ULM: I-Bowl Dec.28
Whit Graves 26thJDC
Swaine: $250K Grant
The FORUM News Magazine
Sci-Port Discovery Center: S...
Haynesville Shale Landowners...
LOGA: Haynesville Shale Info...
2009 AdvoCare I-Bowl
S-B I-20 DOTD Traffic Camera...
Reed Dickens: Outside Eyes
Robinson Film Center-S'port,...
Judge Frances Pitman
Judge Scott Crichton
Strand Theatre, Shreveport
Travelhost Magazine: Shrevep...
Tom Pace Photography
Horseshoe Casino-Hotel, Boss...
Jim Brown's Common Sense
James Burton Guitar Festival
National Weather Service
ShreveportNorth.org - Agurs ...
Teri Hart: Singer/Songwriter
View News Update
Krewe of Centaur & Krewe of Gemini Parades to Roll in Shreveport: Jan 26 & Feb. 2
(weather permitting)on the next two Saturdays: Jan. 26th & Feb. 2nd.
All of Clyde Fant Parkway from Lake Street to Shreveport-Barksdale will be closed, beginning at 8 p.m. Friday night. Clyde Fant will then re-open to traffic at 7 am, Saturday morning, so people may set up early..
The decision to close Clyde Fant overnight Friday was because of a large number of people trying to set up for the parade early. Early pitching of tents and saving of parking spaces will not be allowed. Violators will be ticketed, and their vehicles towed, or forced to move.
Shreveport Police will allow no one to set up on the Service Road between
Stoner and Shreveport Barksdale until after 7 a.m. on parade day. Police will patrol this area the night before the parade, to keep it clear of campers.
Also, people planning to park in the Broadmoor area at the end of the
parade should heed all traffic signs, parking signs and no blocking of
driveways. Officers will be posted at major intersections around the
Parade area. It is imperative that emergency traffic be able to flow
through streets, so proper parking will be enforced.
The parade begins on Clyde Fant at Lake Street and runs along the same
route as previous years. It will head south on Clyde Fant to
Shreveport-Barksdale, then travel down Shreveport-Barksdale to East
Kings Highway, turning on East Kings Highway and ending at Preston
The route includes a no-alcohol family area that will be located on
Clyde Fant between the railroad trestle just north of Memorial Park and
Absolutely NO GLASS containers or glass bottles will be allowed along the entire route, nudity will not be tolerated and pets are not allowed.In addition, no one will be allowed to throw anything back at a parade float, or wave flags or banners along the parade route.
Main roadways for the parade will be closed at 3:30 p.m.
* If severe weather looks as if it would hamper the festivities, the time
of the parade could be changed. However, organizers wouldn*t make a
final decision until probably mid-Saturday morning on parade day.
Here are helpful tips for those attending the Mardi Gras Parades:
* Parking on East Kings Highway is reserved parking for permit holders only.
*NO parking is allowed before 7am on parade day on Shreveport-Barksdale
and Clyde Fant Parkway, park behind the white lines only.
* No parking is allowed on Captain Shreve.
* Restricted parking is allowed on residential streets from Albany to Patton.
Emergency Assistance and Command:
Shreveport Police Department, Caddo Parish Sheriff*s & Wade Corrections
* Police will have command busses at Stoner Park, Shreve City & East ngs*
* No glass bottles or containers will be allowed on the parade route.
* No one may cross parade barricades during the parade.
* No animals are allowed within 200 yards of the parade route, unless
the animals are in secured yards of residents living along parade route.
* No dangerous objects or Asilly string@ in pressurized containers.
* No one may throw anything at a parade float.
* Flags or banners are not be allowed within 50 feet of the parade
route on the day of the parade.
* Police will not tolerate any underage possession of alcohol.
* No public nudity or exposure will be tolerated.
* No float drivers may drink any alcohol or throw beads. They will be
required to take an intoxilyzer test.
* Floats in the parade must have skirts or escorts walking alongside
* Don*t leave children unattended! Make plans to meet up at a
particular location in case children become separated from guardians
* Do not fight or struggle over beads. Thousands of beads are thrown,
so be polite and respectful for others trying to catch them.
* Keep a safe distance from the floats.
* Keep valuables at home, and make sure cars are securely locked.
* Don*t take purses or wallets to parades. Keep money and other items
in front pants pocket.
* Clean up after yourself. City workers will clean the parade route,
but doing your part will help a lot.
* Extinguish hot coals after cooking. The Shreveport Fire Department
has to put out small fires caused by people dumping their hot coals on
Majicko 1.1.0! (C) 2007 Majicko.com
Web Hosting donated by Bandwise, LLC