Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   First cars (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2167)

Pocahontas 07-22-2007 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was my graduation gift from high school. Mine was green though with the same color roof as this one! What's funny is that those were my high school's colors too. You think I'd have been sick of seeing them together, but oh no!

Attachment 1162

The Ford Thunderbird

SDBK 07-22-2007 02:56 PM

My first car was a purple, yes purple, lol, 2 door cavalier when I was 15. I loved that car then. I thought I was so cool. lol
Now I have a lil 2 seat convertible Mercedes! Love it!
But shopping for SUV, leaning towards Escalade....due to our baby-on-the-way!!!! :) :) :) YEA :)

Isaac-Saxxon 07-22-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDBK
My first car was a purple, yes purple, lol, 2 door cavalier when I was 15. I loved that car then. I thought I was so cool. lol
But shopping for SUV, leaning towards Escalade....due to our baby-on-the-way!!!! :) :) :) YEA :)

Yes I think the Escalade is a very nice vehicle. Congrats on the bun in the oven. You are one of the youngest ladies on the board. I think most of the others have grown children so they can give you advise on how to wet nurse you new baby when the new soul arrives. Right Ladies :D What color Escalade will you be getting ? There is much more room in a Escalade than a minivan. Post a picture when you get it. Mommy-soon :)

SDBK 07-22-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Yes I think the Escalade is a very nice vehicle. Congrats on the bun in the oven. You are one of the youngest ladies on the board. I think most of the others have grown children so they can give you advise on how to wet nurse you new baby when the new soul arrives. Right Ladies :D What color Escalade will you be getting ? There is much more room in a Escalade than a minivan. Post a picture when you get it. Mommy-soon :)

BLACK! w/lots of chrome! And the big chrome rims :) I'll be pimpin'! LOL, kidding. But do love black and w/that chrome just pops! And ya gotta have the big shinny rims! :)

Pocahontas 07-22-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I know this is such an exciting time for you!!!:D
The Escalade sounds like a winner for you and the new baby!!! When are you due?

Texasbelle 07-22-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Mercedes has an SUV! Have you looked at it? It's not too big either which is nice.

Texasbelle 07-22-2007 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon

Wet nurse???????????????????????????? That term is from the dark ages Isaac. None of us are that old and we are still quite hawwttt for our ages!!! But yes we are quite good with the advice. Been there, done that! Three times.

SDBK 07-22-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I know this is such an exciting time for you!!!:D
The Escalades sounds like a winner for you and the new baby!!! When are you due?

Thanks so much! We're so excited :) He/She is due in March :)

rhertz 07-22-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Thanks so much! We're so excited :) He/She is due in March :)

My son was born in March. Spring babies are the prettiest! ;)

SDBK 07-22-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Mercedes has an SUV! Have you looked at it? It's not too big either which is nice.

Yeah, I've looked at Mercedes, BMW, etc.... They just all kind of look alike to me. We really liked the H2 at first because it did stand out so much and is super safe, but after test driving it I totally decided against it. It's very loud and just doesn't feel very "luxury."

howela 07-23-2007 08:14 AM

Deja Vu

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemaker720
Okay let's see what your first car looked like, or what you drve now.:laugh:
Attachment 1142 Attachment 1143

This is what my first car looked like except it was brown. That was one tough car.

Pie, my first (drivable) car was a '64 Chevy Impala. I paid $400 for it and changed the oil every other week....(not by choice)

Texasbelle 07-23-2007 08:16 AM

When I was looking for my car that we just got in March, safety was very important to me since I still have one child I carry around in it. I went through Consumer Reports and read everything they had to say about the vehicles I was interested in and then most importantly I read what the Institute for Highway Safety had to say about the vehicle. They actually do the best testing on the vehicles. After I picked the safest vehicles I liked, then I picked the ones I liked for looks and made my decision after that.

I drove the H2's and found them to be extremely noisy and the Lexus to me handled very poorly. One of the best SUV's we've ever owned in our house is a Dodge Durango. It's not a Luxury vehicle, it can could be dressed out great, but they are the best riding. We own two and they have been awesome vehicles.

My current SUV is also a diesel which is great for gas mileage and although it is diesel it is as quiet as a normal car! Good luck to you!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-23-2007 08:17 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I've looked at Mercedes, BMW, etc.... They just all kind of look alike to me. We really liked the H2 at first because it did stand out so much and is super safe, but after test driving it I totally decided against it. It's very loud and just doesn't feel very "luxury."

I predict a boy born March 20th ;)

Texasbelle 07-23-2007 08:22 AM

Well well well all the pretty girls are born March 20! I do agree with Rhertz that the prettiest babies are born in March. I have done that twice now, but I am putting my money on a little girl!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-23-2007 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Well well well all the pretty girls are born March 20! I do agree with Rhertz that the prettiest babies are born in March. I have done that twice now, but I am putting my money on a little girl!

I will be standing by Tbelle to take your money on this one.
Hadababyitsaboy !