Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Whoopi Goldberg Is New Co-Host On The View (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2307)

sbl_admin 08-01-2007 03:32 PM

Whoopi Goldberg Is New Co-Host On The View

Goldberg replaces Rosie O'Donnell, who ended her controversial -- but ratings-boosting -- tenure in May.

joepole 08-01-2007 04:09 PM

If you had told me last week that they could choose a more repulsive host than Rosie O'Donnell I wouldn't have believed you. I would have been wrong.

rhertz 08-01-2007 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
If you had told me last week that they could choose a more repulsive host than Rosie O'Donnell I wouldn't have believed you. I would have been wrong.

Nodding. I have watched a few flicks with Whoopi Goldberg and hardly ever laugh. However I did see her recently interviewed by Bill O'Reilly and laughed more than at her comedy films.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,249899,00.html

I think my favorite line would be:
"GOLDBERG: Well, but you can't make that distinction of what's dumb is not."

On a more serious note:
"GOLDBERG: I'm still not a fan of the war in Iraq. I think we went in under misguided ideals and with no real way to get out. And now what we're seeing is everybody saying how are we going to get out? How are we going to get out? Democrats, tell us how we're going get out. Republicans, how are we going to get out? Nobody has an answer. Nobody knows how to get out of this, because it's a mess."

Yeah everybody is saying how are we going to get out? Dems are saying it. Repubs are saying it. Isaac is saying it. Al is saying it. Bush is saying it. I'm saying it. Everybody is saying it....

I wish she would go back to bartending on the Enterprise..........

LSU 08-01-2007 04:53 PM

this doesn't really effect me all that much considering i have never really watched the view but i guess she is a very good alternative to...oh whats that mans name? oh yeah rosie!

piemaker720 08-01-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
Nodding. I have watched a few flicks with Whoopi Goldberg and hardly ever laugh. However I did see her recently interviewed by Bill O'Reilly and laughed more than at her comedy films.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,249899,00.html

I think my favorite line would be:
"GOLDBERG: Well, but you can't make that distinction of what's dumb is not."

On a more serious note:
"GOLDBERG: I'm still not a fan of the war in Iraq. I think we went in under misguided ideals and with no real way to get out. And now what we're seeing is everybody saying how are we going to get out? How are we going to get out? Democrats, tell us how we're going get out. Republicans, how are we going to get out? Nobody has an answer. Nobody knows how to get out of this, because it's a mess."

Yeah everybody is saying how are we going to get out? Dems are saying it. Repubs are saying it. Isaac is saying it. Al is saying it. Bush is saying it. I'm saying it. Everybody is saying it....

I wish she would go back to bartending on the Enterprise..........

I watched her in Sister Act 1 and 2, also in Jumpin Jack Flash. She is a fine actress. She is alot better than Rosie.:laugh: :laugh:

Isaac-Saxxon 08-01-2007 07:20 PM

Whoopi Goldberg looks like the Gorgan or Medusa with snakes in and on her head. Let me guess she is a democRAT :laugh: :laugh: with the voice of a man :eek:

Pocahontas 08-01-2007 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't ever trust a woman with NO eyebrows!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Attachment 1271

Texasbelle 08-01-2007 09:13 PM

I know you didn't say that!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

But it is true!!!!

Pocahontas 08-01-2007 09:37 PM

Has there ever been an explanation for her not having eyebrows? I could understand if it was a health issue but it just looks like she shaved them off ! :eek: Does anyone know?

rhertz 08-01-2007 10:25 PM

Compulsive Eyebrow Plucking Disorder (CEPD)

Or maybe her grandfather on her mother's side had bald eyebrows.....

Isabella 08-01-2007 11:00 PM

I like her! I don't agree with her politics, but I enjoy her movies. I watched her on The View a few times and she was great. Of course, I did not sit in front of the TV the whole time, I am working and listening and perhaps I missed something, but what I saw was good.

vixweb 08-02-2007 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Don't ever trust a woman with NO eyebrows!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Attachment 1271

WOW! what the.....:eek:
I never noticed but-strange:D

rhertz 08-02-2007 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella
I like her! I don't agree with her politics, but I enjoy her movies. I watched her on The View a few times and she was great. Of course, I did not sit in front of the TV the whole time, I am working and listening and perhaps I missed something, but what I saw was good.

I love to hate the people I love to watch on tv.... Like Katie Couric and Bill O'Reilly.... go figure... My favorite person I love to hate is Kindra on Girls Next Door.