Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hobbies & Crafts (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Are your pets like your children (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1044)

Isaac-Saxxon 03-30-2007 07:57 AM

Are your pets like your children

3 Attachment(s)
I have four Border Collies and have had five generations over the last 30 years and I know how much a part of our family they are and how I lament when on passes on. I feel like many people on this board share the same feelings about their pets be it dog, cat or other. I am going to post some photos of my pack animals and I hope all you other avatars do too.
Isaac
Attachment 172
Notice something in the wood pile ? :laugh: :laugh:
Attachment 173
Our wise old female Liley on her birthday :clap:
Attachment 174
Kanga not happy with Gus flirting with her at all :nono: :nono:
I will post more if this thread takes off.
Isaac

LateNight 03-30-2007 08:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Mornin'.
yup, I'll agree, our ol' dogs are somethin' else.. they're somethin', just not sure what :)

We got Taz, Taz the wonder dog, the blue eyed devil dog :)
She's a mutt, a Mala-mutt to be more precise.
Don't know what we'd do without her.
That bottom picture, is Taz after a night out on the town.. TGIF everyone !

Attachment 175
Attachment 176

Isaac-Saxxon 03-30-2007 08:34 AM

Taz is a cool looking dog

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight
Mornin'.
yup, I'll agree, our ol' dogs are somethin' else.. they're somethin', just not sure what :)

We got Taz, Taz the wonder dog, the blue eyed devil dog :)
She's a mutt, a Mala-mutt to be more precise.
Don't know what we'd do without her.
That bottom picture, is Taz after a night out on the town.. TGIF everyone !

She sure looks like he lives a ruff life :laugh: :laugh: Nice shine on the coat and bright eyes very nice K-9 you have LN and I am sure your best friend. I hope there will be more photos. What about that man eating dog Tbelle has and I know when Sheba gets back her puppies will make the board. Thanks for the post LN. TGIF :clap:
Isaac

Texasbelle 03-30-2007 08:46 AM

I'm loving this thread!!!!!!

Of course my pets are like my children!:)

Let me give you the rundown of who actually runs this house:

Rosie the fluff Kuvasz, next

Chanel, a 3 y/o Yorkie. She is known for being the snob who thinks she is a princess.

Christian, the baby, a 6 month old male yorkie. He had six teeth pulled yesterday poor thing. But the tooth fairy came and left a biscuit! We call him the Demonator, he is the Dennis the Menace of the house.

Greta, the Matriarch. She is a 11 y/o Schnauzer who just kind of tolerates the rest.

Max, a 3 y/o male Yorkie. I think he has issues. I am quite sure he suffers from separation anxiety when Mom leaves. He is quite a large Yorkie weighing in at 12 pounds! I actually think there is some poodle in his gene pool.

Blitz, an 8 y/o male German Shepherd. I have a love/hate relationship with him. He's my husband's dog. He is the biggest baby in the world, scared of thunder and jealous of the other dogs. At 95 lbs he is intimidating but the reality is...he'll just lick a burglar to death and show them the way in!

and finally Shadow. We rescued him from the shelter for our 18 y/o son. He is a Siberian Husky and about 10 months old. Beautiful dog but a little on the goofy side.

Now there are four horses in the pasture Babe, Bandit, Traveler, and Morgan. Traveler is a miniature horse who is my other baby. I don't have time to post pictures this morning but will later!!! I think there is not greater love than that an animal gives you. It is totally unconditional. We actually at my husband's office had a therapy dog come to visit twice this week and it was amazing to watch the effect it had on the patients.

We adore our pets and would do anything and everything for them.:)

AnimeSpirit 03-30-2007 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my baby. I named her "Uriko" after one my favorite anime characters, Uriko the Half-Beast. By the way, she's not missing her tail. :D

Isaac-Saxxon 03-30-2007 12:49 PM

The Red Rooster with the golden eyes

1 Attachment(s)
This is Rusty the Red Rooster who is the father of 39 litters of puppies :clap:
that would be 234 children for him. Glad there are no child support payments on this guy. He is now 10 and I think done with the stud service but still has many years kick back and get fat :laugh: Clifford the big Red Dog :rolleyes:
Attachment 180
Isaac

Isabella 03-30-2007 05:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my babies.

Isaac-Saxxon 03-30-2007 06:14 PM

Are they litter mates ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella
Here are my babies.

Very nice dog family you have there Isabella. I have always thought that having more than one is good for the dogs they are pack animals and I have four and they have their pecking order but do work as a pack to any visitors of any kind man or beast so your two should be two very happy dogs. Not to say having just one is bad in any way they all are so full of unconditional love. Great photos. :clap:
Isaac

Isabella 03-30-2007 08:55 PM

Isaac, they are not litter mates. Sadie is 9 months older than Lillie. We got Lillie 7 months after Sadie. Our Schnauzer we had for 9 1/2 years died suddenly from cancer. We were so sad without her. We found Sadie in Covington, La. and 7 months later we picked up Lillie in Fort Worth, Texas. Sadie was so active we thought she needed a playmate.

Your dogs are beautiful. I always wanted a black and white Border Collie dog. Do they all stay inside?

rhertz 03-30-2007 11:55 PM

Great thread. Before we had (human) children, my wife and I were married 11 years. During that time we had 2 cats, both shaded silver persians which lived 17 and 19 years old. I'm glad my human kidos got to spend time with our cats which we had back in college. Now we have a Pug, the most disgusting creature on earth. Snot blower!

Texasbelle 03-31-2007 12:06 AM

Rhertz, I'm calling your dog and telling them you said that!!!!!:D

Is that your dog on your Avatar? If so it sure is cute.

AnimeSpirit 03-31-2007 12:24 AM

Presenting.....!!!

1 Attachment(s)
.....The ugliest cat I've ever seen. :D

Attachment 183

I swear to you all that this is a REAL LIVE cat! Can you believe how ugly it is? :freaky:

Isaac-Saxxon 03-31-2007 12:55 AM

They do live inside I guess they are rotten

Quote:

Isaac, they are not litter mates. Sadie is 9 months older than Lillie. We got Lillie 7 months after Sadie. Our Schnauzer we had for 9 1/2 years died suddenly from cancer. We were so sad without her. We found Sadie in Covington, La. and 7 months later we picked up Lillie in Fort Worth, Texas. Sadie was so active we thought she needed a playmate.

Your dogs are beautiful. I always wanted a black and white Border Collie dog. Do they all stay inside?

Wonderful breed and yes they are the shepherds dog. I have one young female and then 6,10 and 13 so my pack is a bit old. I will breed Kanga in about another year or so for the 6th generation. This should be a fun thread and it might help if sbl would give a bit more info on how to upload the photos.
Thanks,
Isaac

Isabella 03-31-2007 01:00 AM

I am definitely not a cat person. Sorry, Anime. It is my mother's fault. When I was young she would not allow me to touch cats.

Isaac-Saxxon 03-31-2007 01:05 AM

Tuff one here to post to

Quote:

I am definitely not a cat person. Sorry, Anime. It is my mother's fault. When I was young she would not allow me to touch cats.

My mama told me the same thing but I did not listen like the wayward young man I was at the time and now I have a house full of them :laugh: :laugh:
Isaac

rhertz 03-31-2007 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Rhertz, I'm calling your dog and telling them you said that!!!!!:D

Yeah well you do that. Pugs are lovable and disgusting at the same time. In fact, they are so lovable because they are so disgusting. It must be a sympathy thing. My pug blows snot every few minutes. Oh, and did I mention she has mange? No joke, that is a genetic trait among Pugs that is a immune difficiency. Apparently all dogs have mange to a low degree but Pugs don't have the genetics to combat the manage so some Pugs "break out" so to speak. Cost me a fortune. I had to poison my Pug with Ivomec for months to fight the manage. She is now in remission. The breeder should never be selling Pugs like mine. But we love her.. sigh, that is the way of it. She is quite happy for now. But I fear the manage will come back in her old age. I hope she lives as long as my beloved (and evil) cats... :D

rhertz 03-31-2007 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
My mama told me the same thing but I did not listen like the wayward young man I was at the time and now I have a house full of them :laugh: :laugh:
Isaac

Growing up, I was allergic to cats. My parents forbid cats. So of course when in college, I couldn't wait to get one! (or two) :D

LOL, after I got married when we were expecting our first child, my mom thought our cat would suck the breath out of our baby.. Old wives tale... LOL, didn't happen..

Isaac-Saxxon 03-31-2007 01:15 AM

Hey rhertz you need to post photos of you dog family

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
Yeah well you do that. Pugs are lovable and disgusting at the same time. In fact, they are so lovable because they are so disgusting. It must be a sympathy thing. My pug blows snot every few minutes. Oh, and did I mention she has mange? No joke, that is a genetic trait among Pugs that is a immune difficiency. Apparently all dogs have mange to a low degree but Pugs don't have the genetics to combat the manage so some Pugs "break out" so to speak. Cost me a fortune. I had to poison my Pug with Ivomec for months to fight the manage. She is now in remission. The breeder should never be selling Pugs like mine. But we love her.. sigh, that is the way of it. She is quite happy for now. But I fear the manage will come back in her old age. I hope she lives as long as my beloved (and evil) cats... :D

and for those who do not know how (tbelle) tell them how to upload photos so they can get their 19 animals posted to this thread :laugh: This is not my time of day feeling a bit sleepy. :p
Isaac

LateNight 03-31-2007 01:33 AM

5 Attachment(s)
From the archives.. years ago, when I moved out on my own I bought Casey Jones. An Alaskan Malamute. She was a good ol' dog.

Attachment 184

I'm not much of a cat person. But we had a cat for a brief while. Used to like watchin' the fish. Had to give up the cat unfortunately. But you'll be happy to know we found it a good home with ol' AL :)

Attachment 185

what did I say, it's puppy Taz
Attachment 186

It's adolescent Taz.
Attachment 187

Attachment 188

Texasbelle 03-31-2007 09:24 AM

Well I have to post a few now and will a few later...

4 Attachment(s)
Here is Louis who passed away last year thanks to Killer Tiller...

The next one is Max, then the grandpuppies, then Chanel. We love Yorkies!

Isaac-Saxxon 03-31-2007 09:33 AM

Those are some nice pups you got there lady

Quote:

Here is Louis who passed away last year thanks to Killer Tiller...

The next one is Max, then the grandpuppies, then Chanel. We love Yorkies!

Do those little guys bark much ? I want to see the man eater Rosie on the board so we will know when we see her to run :eek: :eek: My what a hand full that ***** could be. Anyone ever watched best in show. Hey Anime see if you can find a clip from that movie it is a great spoof on dog people. I am sure you will find Texasbelle as one of the characters in the movie :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Isaac

Texasbelle 03-31-2007 01:28 PM

Yorkies don't get mange! They are perfect. I think they are God's favorite dog!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Do they yap a lot? Max, the fat one, does! I'd love to muzzle him some days. We are working on it. I've been watching lots of The Dog Whisperer. Chanel thinks she has to bark every time she goes out to potty. It is likes she needs to announce to the outside world "Here I come, look out". Christian, whose picture I haven't posted yet, doesn't make too much noise at all. We call him the Dennis the Menace. He's the baby and he loves to play all the time! Always has a toy in his mouth and always antagonizing the other ones. He's brought the old Schnauzer to life.

I'll be posting pictures of Rosie, the man eating snowball this evening!!!

Isaac-Saxxon 03-31-2007 02:08 PM

Beware of Rosie the Kuvasz attack dog

1 Attachment(s)
If you see a dog that looks like this run :eek: They are very dangerous and have been know to attack.
Attachment 194
Isaac :laugh:
After looking at that photo it looks my avatar :clap:

Isabella 03-31-2007 02:12 PM

Quote:

Yorkies don't get mange! They are perfect. I think they are God's favorite dog!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Do they yap a lot? Max, the fat one, does! I'd love to muzzle him some days. We are working on it. I've been watching lots of The Dog Whisperer. Chanel thinks she has to bark every time she goes out to potty. It is likes she needs to announce to the outside world "Here I come, look out". Christian, whose picture I haven't posted yet, doesn't make too much noise at all. We call him the Dennis the Menace. He's the baby and he loves to play all the time! Always has a toy in his mouth and always antagonizing the other ones. He's brought the old Schnauzer to life.

I'll be posting pictures of Rosie, the man eating snowball this evening!!!

Texasbelle, how do you like your Schnauzer? They don't shed and I love their personalities. Mine think they are human and will talk to you. The only problem is they like to bark a lot. What color is your Schnauzer?

Texasbelle 03-31-2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Texasbelle, how do you like your Schnauzer? They don't shed and I love their personalities. Mine think they are human and will talk to you. The only problem is they like to bark a lot. What color is your Schnauzer?

How do we like Greta? She is the matriarch of the house, the Queen Bee!! She doesn't shed which is nice, but Rosie the Kuvasz more than makes up for it. Greta does bark a lot and yes it is annoying. The Yorkies do too. Just think how noisy it is when three Yorkies and one Schnauzer start going off!! It's insane. The only thing I don't like is that Greta, the Schnauzer seems to have skin issues from time to time. We have to be careful with letting her get out in the grass too much, and don't let fleas get on her at all. She's very allergic to a flea bite. The funniest thing about her right now is that at the age of eleven she is in her second childhood. My baby Yorkie is six months old and she loves to play with him. Christian has brought Greta alive. I'll try to capture a picture of them playing so I can post it.

We are still wondering how long we are going to wait before informing any of ours that they are dogs not peoples.:D

Texasbelle 03-31-2007 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
If you see a dog that looks like this run :eek: They are very dangerous and have been know to attack.
Attachment 194
Isaac :laugh:
After looking at that photo it looks my avatar :clap:

I've seen that look once today when a small Yorkie got two near the wrong dog's Dingo bone!!! Not a good thing.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-01-2007 03:58 AM

So you have had that look today ?

Quote:

I've seen that look once today when a small Yorkie got two near the wrong dog's Dingo bone!!! Not a good thing.

Is that the I am over forty look and do not mess with a mad "female dog" look that you have seen in the mirror ? So when do we meet Rosie and all the horses and the alpha ***** too :D Did you drink plenty of water. Well been to the school to pick up the daughter from a debate trip and now off to fishing in a hour or so I hope to be back on the board later today or this evening. Cheers all you sleepy heads ;)
Isaac

Isaac-Saxxon 04-02-2007 08:27 AM

Try to wake up this pet thread it is a good one

3 Attachment(s)
I have had five generations of Border Collies and there is no shortage of photo's of them. I got my first one in 1978 and generation six will be born sometime late in 08 from my female I will post her photo here first then some of my old dogs.
Attachment 195
Gracie the 5th generation.
Attachment 196
Blaze the father of Gracie and Gracie at work :laugh:
I found this other photo for those who will get this joke ??
Attachment 197

Give me your "O" Face :laugh: :laugh:
Isaac "sons of laughter" :laugh:

LateNight 04-02-2007 09:34 AM

All those dog years

So I dug out all the dog photos, just for you :)

It's freakin' monday, time to get back at it.

http://www.caseyjones.net/dogyears2/...apeimage_1.png

AnimeSpirit 04-02-2007 09:57 AM

Wow! That's a lot of great dogs there. I use to have a German Shepard when I was a kid. He was an unusually talented escapse artist. I named him "Magic" because no matter how hard we tried, we couldn't keep him fenced in or tie up. He always found a way to slip loose and run free.

Texasbelle 04-02-2007 08:26 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Late Night. I loved hearing your dog stories!!!!

Isaac.....No that is not the face I see in the mirror! However, that is the face you will see if you don't quick picking on Rosie's mom. :D :D

I am about to try and load some pics of all the rest of the babies that live in the house!

Al Swearengen 04-02-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
.....The ugliest cat I've ever seen. :D

Attachment 183

I swear to you all that this is a REAL LIVE cat! Can you believe how ugly it is? :freaky:

No such thing as an ugly cat! Anybody that likes cats is OK by me! Generally speakin, aint got much use for nor do I trust them that dont like cats.

Texasbelle 04-02-2007 11:07 PM

By request (Isaac's)

5 Attachment(s)
Here is Miss Rosie all decked out for Christmas! I have also included a picture of Greta the Schnauzer. She is the Queen of the whole house! Then we have Christian, the youngest Yorkie taking a nap. We have Traveler, our miniature horse. And then Shadow, the Siberian Husky.

Texasbelle 04-02-2007 11:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I had a couple more to add. Blitz, our German Shepherd. He's very intimidating to look at, but he'll only lick you to death and show you the way to the door! I found a funny picture of the gentle giant Rosie playing with Christian and Greta. She loves to engage in tug of war with him. She'll even pick up the toy with him hanging off the end!

AnimeSpirit 04-03-2007 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
No such thing as an ugly cat! Anybody that likes cats is OK by me! Generally speakin, aint got much use for nor do I trust them that dont like cats.

Oh don't get me wrong! I love cats. My cat is my baby, but the one in that picture I posted was anything but cute. :freaky:

LateNight 04-03-2007 02:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
"No, really. Some of my best friends are cats." :rolleyes:

I have to agree.. something about hairless cats. who the heck wants to pet a hairless cat ?

Give me an animal with some fur or some hair or something ?? LOL
My mother has this beagle.. he's o.k. .. for a beagle. But that really short hair /fur that beagles have, bothers me 'just a bit'

Awww, nobody loves the puppy dog :(
Attachment 207

Isaac-Saxxon 04-03-2007 07:07 AM

LN living up to your avatar

Nice pup you have there. I can see Taz is a major part of your family. We feel the same way about our dogs. No cats or any other pets just dogs and children that need, need, need lots of money.
Isaac

Texasbelle 04-03-2007 08:08 AM

Hey LateNite, does Taz sleep inside or out? I love his blue eyes. I have some pics of all of ours all snuggled up like Taz with our youngest. They think he is their toy, baby, and all around person they need to protect most. If he is not in the house, they are constantly walking around looking for him. Rosie even has to check all the beds at night to make sure everybody is accounted for and won't go to sleep until all the teenagers are home.

They are so funny with their personalities just like us people.:)

LateNight 04-03-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Hey LateNite, does Taz sleep inside or out? I love his blue eyes.

He's a She :) and yea, she sleeps inside. And yea, she always knows where everyone is, in the house. just ask her, "where's so and so" and she'll run and find them. I use her to wake the boys up, I just tell her "go get 'em" and she'll run and leap on the bed and push 'em out of bed. :yes:

She is very much a part of this famiy. No doubt.

Top of the mornin' everybody.

Texasbelle 04-03-2007 08:49 AM

Give Taz my regrets, I didn't mean to call her a she!!!!:D

I do so love to send one of my dogs to the kids beds!!!!The yorkies will quite literally clean their nose out waking them up!

Good morning to all of you as well!