Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Family & Home (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What is the one thing you spouse does to grate on your nevers (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2380)

Isaac-Saxxon 08-12-2007 04:20 PM

What is the one thing you spouse does to grate on your nerves

I think many people on this board are of age to have had some practice at this little game. What is it that makes you crazy when they do it ? At my house when Mrs. Isaac scoots those kitchen chairs across that kentile floor I hit the roof and clanging those dishes getting them out of the washer while it is a quiet time in the house. Let us now see who will really speak their mind on this most creative thread. :argue: :argue:

howela 08-12-2007 04:23 PM

The perfect partner

There is nothing she does that upsets me... she is perfect in every way. It does not bother me when she reads over my shoulder while I am posting on the internet.
She is beautiful, kind......

LateNight 08-12-2007 04:40 PM

You're on your own on this one brother. :yes:

:gosaints:

rhertz 08-12-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howela
There is nothing she does that upsets me... she is perfect in every way. It does not bother me when she reads over my shoulder while I am posting on the internet.
She is beautiful, kind......

So let me guess. You are newly weds? :duck:

Texasbelle 08-12-2007 06:25 PM

Let's see:

#1: Flipping on the TV with the remote. There is a strong chance there could be a justifiable homicide at our house over this one day.

#2: Come into the kitchen while I am cooking and proceed to tell me how to cook something that I have been cooking for the past 10 years of this marriage. Something that he has never cooked, I always have, and he has always loved, but has suddenly decided that he knows how to do. Again, there could be a homicide.

#3: Flipping on the TV with the remote. There is a strong chance there could be a justifiable homicide at our house over this one day.

#4: My husband gets up early in the morning to leave for the office. I guess he feels the need to get me up early as well or just loves to make a lot of noise. I really, really hate hearing him bang around in the morning.

#5: Flipping on the TV with the remote. There is a strong chance there could be a justifiable homicide at our house over this one day.

#6: Calling mashed potatoes "creamed potatoes". We live in the South. Please call them by the correct name or go live up north Mr. Belle!

#7: Flipping on the TV with the remote. There is a strong chance there could be a justifiable homicide at our house over this one day.

#8: Asking me the same question over and over and over and over after I have already answered it one hundred times. The answer is not going to change. If I did not get to that errand today, I have not forgotten it, you still see it there on my list, and I still intend to get it done. OR you could just go to do it for yourself!

#9: Flipping on the TV with the remote. There is a strong chance there could be a justifiable homicide at our house over this one day.

#10: See numbers 1,3,5,7, and 9!!!

Any questions?????????????????

Seriously though...I love Mr. Belle dearly, treasure every moment with him, and thank God dearly for having him for a husband. He has just got to get therapy for his flipping problem though!!!!!!:D

Pocahontas 08-12-2007 06:52 PM

Oh Lord we really are gonna go there??
Okay let's see....keeping the house at 65 degrees year round and we have 3 AC units! Couldn't he find just one room where he could go and hibernate...why the whole house??:confused:
Keeping the TV so loud that the neighbors can all hear (but he still can't).:D
I fix a big dinner and it never fails he will ask for something I did NOT fix on this night. Ex. Nice dinner but did you make a salad to go with it?:p
Okay negative then positive to keep the peace. We are still together after 24 years so that says something!:peace: I love ya Mr. Pokie if ya happen to read this!;)

Pocahontas 08-12-2007 06:53 PM

Come on howela, rhertz and LN those are cop outs!!!:D

Jesse 08-12-2007 07:35 PM

Way to go, Belle:-)

I guess the only thing that really get on my nerves is the "Huh?" or "When did you tell me that?" Other than that, I got lucky!:)

Texasbelle 08-12-2007 08:21 PM

Pokie, I feel your pain on the whole dinner thing. I will fix a big dinner and the man will come on, eat a few bites, and then eat a bowl of cereal. He says, I just like cereal for supper. What is up with that??????????????? Or I just wanted veggies????? Well, why didn't you say that when I was taking whatever out of the freezer this morning while you were standing there????

Mr. Pokie could go get the old ears checked, ya think? Oh, might be hard on the ego to do that!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Isabella 08-12-2007 10:35 PM

Isaac you may get in big trouble. LOL.

Oh TBelle, you and I have the same problem.........FLIPPING THAT DARN REMOTE! I want to throw it in the trash! I start to get interested in a show and he changes it then I start to get interested in another and he changes it or he can't settle and flips without stopping. GRRRRRR

Pocahontas 08-12-2007 10:38 PM

I would rather we just turn on some music than have to deal with flipping channels AND the high volume!:rolleyes:

LateNight 08-12-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse
I guess the only thing that really get on my nerves is the "Huh?" or "When did you tell me that?" Other than that, I got lucky!:)

It's because we get "wife deaf" you all talk all the time, we learn to tune it out unless otherwise directed :)

WHAT!? :cool:

Isaac-Saxxon 08-13-2007 07:10 AM

We have a wedding coming up need I say more :rolleyes: Wife and three daughters and PMS rules the day at home. Will Rodgers has a quote for all you men out there. "a mans best weapon is his hat ! he puts in on and goes to work" :pray: Thank God for work ;)

Pocahontas 08-13-2007 11:37 AM

I believe most of us women would agree with that statement as well!!:D

Isaac-Saxxon 08-13-2007 04:08 PM

Did I say credit card abuse ??? Shop like bull they charge everything. Girls have need that rank much higher than the money in the bank :rolleyes: You want to dance you got to pay the band if you want to play you have to pay the woman :eek: