Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   World News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Dollar Coin Goes Into Circulation Today (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1488)

sbl_admin 05-17-2007 01:07 PM

New Dollar Coin Goes Into Circulation Today

The latest one-dollar coin to honor U-S presidents comes out today

joepole 05-17-2007 01:16 PM

Did the government finally figure out nobody here wants money with chicks on it?

AnimeSpirit 05-17-2007 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I remember the gold Sacagawea dollar coin that was out about 4 years ago. I wonder what happened to us using that.

Attachment 589

Pocahontas 05-17-2007 03:51 PM

Guess maybe they should give it another shot with Pocahontas on the coin??:clap:

Sheba 05-17-2007 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Guess maybe they should give it another shot with Pocahontas on the coin??:clap:

I think that's an awesome idea! Talk about a woman of influence!! :clap: :clap:

rhertz 05-17-2007 08:19 PM

Anyone remember the Susan B Anthony dollar? Boy was that a big success (not)...

I think that dollars should become quarters, quarters should become dimes, dimes should become nickles, and nickels should become pennies.. Then toss out the copper pennies since you can't buy anything with a penny anyway. Plus it would cost a lost, confuse a lot of people, and give the government something to do for years and years even though new coins wouldn't be necessary. (just re-purpose the old ones) Everyone would accept this especially if they have a bunch of quarters in a jar that sudden become dollars..... ;)

Millipede 05-17-2007 08:58 PM

Lol there are still tons of Susan B Anthony coins around. Put a 20 in a stamp machine and get 5 bucks worth of stamps. You will get 15 bucks in SBA dollars. : )

rhertz 05-17-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millipede
Lol there are still tons of Susan B Anthony coins around. Put a 20 in a stamp machine and get 5 bucks worth of stamps. You will get 15 bucks in SBA dollars. : )

LOL, I did not know that. My wife doesn't often leave me with twenties in my wallet, so I haven't ever noticed this yet..... :D

Millipede 05-17-2007 09:17 PM

Aww man, I totally know how you feel. I had a 5 in mine the other day. And she took it for something. I think she dropped me like 26 cents by my wallet when she got back.

AnimeSpirit 05-17-2007 09:58 PM

LOL! Maybe you guys should do what I do. Keep very little cash on you and just get a check card.

BrainSmashR 05-18-2007 05:55 AM

....and yet folks STILL ask me why I'm not married.

I just reply that's it's not so bad doing whatever I want, ALL of the time.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-18-2007 06:50 AM

Maybe it is because no self respecting female would have you or your gay.

BrainSmashR 05-18-2007 06:53 AM

And as usual, you'd be wrong and KNOW that you are telling a lie to boot.

Just can't help yourself CAN you christian....but you just keep right on telling yourself that your repeated lies aren't the reason people are turning their back on religion in ever increasing numbers.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-18-2007 06:57 AM

Devil child want to be your whole life is a big lie :laugh: :laugh: still in the closet ? Well that is ok girl I hope you stay there :laugh:

BrainSmashR 05-18-2007 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Devil child want to be your whole life is a big lie :laugh: :laugh: still in the closet ? Well that is ok girl I hope you stay there :laugh:

ad hominem (look it up, stupid)

BTW, are you openly discriminating against homosexuals here....I mean you ARE trying to use their sexuality as a slanderous comment against ME, right?

Go ahead and lie about that one too. You're as transparent as your book of all lies for the weakest mind,

Isaac-Saxxon 05-18-2007 07:08 AM

True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these things more difficult. I am sure the state has a program besides HUD that will help you with all your many problems :D

BrainSmashR 05-18-2007 07:11 AM

LAF

Now homosexuals are "a problem"?

I was just kidding when I said you were your own worst enemy, but you really ARE a ****ing moron aren't you?

Isaac-Saxxon 05-18-2007 07:17 AM

Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid !
You have the smashed brain and lucky for you that your too stupid to even know it. Do you have any good prison tattoos to show just how smart you are not ? :laugh: I think it is about time for you to punch in and start picking up trash for another day and another public dollar :rolleyes:

BrainSmashR 05-18-2007 07:21 AM

Wow...only took you an hour to figure out you weren't going to win any arguments OR bonus points for that previous train of thought you were on.

There mighty be hope for someone like you yet.....

Sure you don't want to slander another entire segment of the population before I leave? Just in case someone hasn't seen your true colors yet....

Isaac-Saxxon 05-18-2007 07:25 AM

You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. I guess you where born with it I do not think someone could learn to be as stupid as you are at letting you mouth over load your stupid ass :laugh: time for you to go pick up trash. Did they use the salad forks on you when you where born ? :laugh:

LateNight 05-18-2007 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
....and yet folks STILL ask me why I'm not married.

I just reply that's it's not so bad doing whatever I want, ALL of the time.

LMAO yet again.. that's freakin' hilarious.. everytime you open your mouth, it simply illustrates what a fool you are.. and I don't see why anyone would have to "ASK" why you aren't married. .. that's so FREAKIN' OBVIOUS it hurts.. HA! I can't stop laughing... I'm cryin' over here.. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

"Look at me! Look at me! I'm such a horses ass!"

Oh TGIF everyone.. I had my laugh for the day... oh... HA HA.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-18-2007 07:34 AM

I guess we should feel sorry for the handicapped brain. :nono: NOT ! :laugh: We do not even have to pay him to make us laugh it is free. Well the state does pay him so it is our tax dollars at work. I bet with time they will even let him drive the van now that would be a move up :laugh: :laugh: poor bastard thinks a female would like to hang out with him :laugh: that alone will make me laugh the rest of the day.

joepole 05-18-2007 09:03 AM

>ad hominem (look it up, stupid)

So you DO know what that means?

BrainSmashR 05-18-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateNight
LMAO yet again.. that's freakin' hilarious.. everytime you open your mouth, it simply illustrates what a fool you are.. and I don't see why anyone would have to "ASK" why you aren't married. .. that's so FREAKIN' OBVIOUS it hurts.. HA! I can't stop laughing... I'm cryin' over here.. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

"Look at me! Look at me! I'm such a horses ass!"

Oh TGIF everyone.. I had my laugh for the day... oh... HA HA.

Who said having 2 girlfriends murdered WASN'T and obvious sign?

What's that you say, you don't have a clue what you're talking about YET AGAIN?

Imagine my surprise.

Pocahontas 05-18-2007 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
LOL! Maybe you guys should do what I do. Keep very little cash on you and just get a check card.

Okay this plan would NOT work either! As you know us wives are such sneaky creatures. We would wait til you were sleeping "borrow" the card swipe it, return it then you wouldn't know it had been used til you checked your statement! Man us wives are such terrible and vile monsters!! How do y'all live with us???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Isaac-Saxxon 05-18-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
>ad hominem (look it up, stupid)

So you DO know what that means?

He lets the south end talk for the north end and no he does not know what it means. It does fit him so well and yet he does not even know it :laugh: :laugh: Hey HUD boy look it up and and you will find your name :laugh:

LateNight 05-18-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Imagine my surprise.

LOL what are you blabbering on about now ??

Who said anything about anyone getting murdered ? I was merely commenting on why someone who has as little class as you, isn't married.. so IMAGINE MY SURPRISE you're single.. LOL.. :laugh::laugh::laugh::clap: stop it man.. you're killin' me LMAO !!!

HA.. your posts should come with their own laugh tracks. Oh man !!! :yes:

BrainSmashR 05-18-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

LOL what are you blabbering on about now ??

Who said anything about anyone getting murdered ? I was merely commenting on why someone who has as little class as you, isn't married.. so IMAGINE MY SURPRISE you're single.. LOL.. :laugh::laugh::laugh::clap: stop it man.. you're killin' me LMAO !!!

HA.. your posts should come with their own laugh tracks. Oh man !!! :yes:

As I stated...imagine my surprise at you running your mouth about a subject you have ZERO background information on even after I've provided you the exact reason I now avoid any form of relationship commitment what so ever.

It's called a phobia...remember me trying to explain the difference to your boyfriend when he said merely walking outside of the house is endangering the life of your child?

Isaac-Saxxon 05-18-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Imagine my surprise.

There is nothing that comes off you nasty key board that comes as any surprise. :nono: There are plenty of obvious signs from you and none of them are any good all evil. Maybe the cops burned you for the wrong reason but the rest of the world had nothing to do with you and your personal (persona) problems.

LateNight 05-18-2007 11:54 AM

Quote:

As I stated...imagine my surprise at you running your mouth about a subject you have ZERO background information on even after I've provided you the exact reason I now avoid any form of relationship commitment what so ever.

It's called a phobia...remember me trying to explain the difference to your boyfriend when he said merely walking outside of the house is endangering the life of your child?

LOL .. you're still talking ?

You're the one who brought this subject up..
You went on about your surprise why people still ask you why you're not married.. I'm merely stating.. that it's NO FREAKING SURPRISE!

LOL I'd have a phobia of meeting new people too, if I were you.. the way you treat people.. LOL it must suck to be you. LMAO :yes: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

my "boyfriend" LOL what are you blabbering about now ? Quick, change the subject Brain.. you're going down fast ... :clapbig:

Isaac-Saxxon 05-18-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

You went on about your surprise why people still ask you why you're not married.. I'm merely stating.. that it's NO FREAKING SURPRISE!

LOL I'd have a phobia of meeting new people too, if I were you.. the way you treat people.. LOL it must suck to be you. LMAO :yes: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

my "boyfriend" LOL what are you blabbering about now ? Quick, change the subject Brain.. you're going down fast ... :clapbig:

I think the problem is that he is down and has yet to look up all he can do is roll in is own blabbering and have a pity party when he is wrong which is a large part of the time. Brain there is nothing bad about being wrong just own up to it and quit your attacks on every post you make. You did good for a few weeks now back to hate, hate, hate. Well all I can do is laugh, laugh, laugh at such a miserable wretch like you. I am all out of pity :nono:

BrainSmashR 05-18-2007 12:00 PM

HAHA:laugh: :laugh: HAHA

Isaac-Saxxon
This message is hidden because Isaac-Saxxon is on your ignore list.

BrainSmashR 05-18-2007 12:07 PM

Quote:

It's "No freaking Surprise" to a complete stranger who thinks he knows someone from conversations held on an internet forum.

Gee, now why would that be an indication of just how stupid your line of reasoning is?

BTW, Einstein, I said commitment, not meeting people. Give your wife my phone number and we'll see how scared SHE is of meeting a real man.

Isaac-Saxxon 05-18-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

It's "No freaking Surprise" to a complete stranger who thinks he knows someone from conversations held on an internet forum.

Gee, now why would that be an indication of just how stupid your line of reasoning is?

BTW, Einstein, I said commitment, not meeting people. Give your wife my phone number and we'll see how scared SHE is of meeting a real man.

BTW, Einstein,it would scare the hell out of any woman that thought you had their phone number. You are a freak of nature and people run from the likes of Satan and a low life like you. On his belly he crawls all the days of his life ..

LateNight 05-18-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

LMAO !! What, are you in the fifth grade or something ? :yes:

And now you expect us to believe you are mister nice and polite and full of class in person.. but it's just online that you are a complete horses ass ??

Now there's a stretch.. LOL Good one.. where's that damn laugh track when you need one, eh Brain ? :clap:

BrainSmashR 05-18-2007 03:46 PM

Yeah, I mean it couldn't be anything like you simply making incorrect assumptions about people you know absolutely nothing about ESPECIALLY when your bull**** is centered around the murder of two loved ones.

BTW, when did I tell you I was Mr. Nice as opposed to the man who stand us for what's right regardless of what some monkey mother****er like you thinks about it?

rhertz 05-18-2007 04:14 PM

I think the dollar coin is a bad solution to the problem of paper dollars wearing out quicker than coins. A better solution would be a RFID device (like Speed Pass) that a person loads up with $50 or whatever amount he/she chooses, and then just wave it over the vending machine, stamp machine, or cash register, etc. The technology for this is rather mature by now. Some cards already have a chip inside. American Express Blue? Keys could be encrypted to 256bit which should be safe enough for a $50 and under type of "petty cash" system.

This is if they are unwilling to make quarters into dollars and dimes into quarters and nickels into dimes............. ;)

Isaac-Saxxon 05-18-2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
I think the dollar coin is a bad solution to the problem of paper dollars wearing out quicker than coins. A better solution would be a RFID device (like Speed Pass) that a person loads up with $50 or whatever amount he/she chooses, and then just wave it over the vending machine, stamp machine, or cash register, etc. The technology for this is rather mature by now. Some cards already have a chip inside. American Express Blue? Keys could be encrypted to 256bit which should be safe enough for a $50 and under type of "petty cash" system.

This is if they are unwilling to make quarters into dollars and dimes into quarters and nickels into dimes............. ;)

When they do away with cash then we will all be plugged into the matrix. It is the master control of man when they can control every dollar and every trans action. Time will tell on this one but you have a good point. :clap:

rhertz 05-18-2007 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
When they do away with cash then we will all be plugged into the matrix. It is the master control of man when they can control every dollar and every trans action. Time will tell on this one but you have a good point. :clap:

Good point. I'm talking about for the small stuff (cokes burgers stamps). Now I'm all for bringing back the 1000 dollar bill at the same time for large private transactions. :D