Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   SBLive! Support (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Should SBLive! drop its "reputation point" system? (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1198)

sbl_admin 04-20-2007 11:29 AM

Should SBLive! drop its "reputation point" system?

Do you think that SBLive! should drop it's "rep point" system?

BrainSmashR 04-20-2007 11:33 AM

Couldn't care less.

What fun would life be if we "removed" everything from society that had the potential for abuse?

Texasbelle 04-20-2007 11:41 AM

The reputation system is only at this point being used to help out your friends. People whine if someone gives them a negative not realizing that not everyone is going to agree with everything they say which is what the point system is for. People are calling in favors from their friends and it's not working and not going to work. Do away with it.

Neo 04-20-2007 11:44 AM

The system is flawed. reformat. reboot. if you can't take the heat,,, go see a psychiatrist and grow a backbone

Isabella 04-21-2007 12:34 AM

I say keep it. It lets members know how others feel about their posts. It appears only one member out of hundreds had a problem with it.

Texasbelle 04-21-2007 09:11 AM

Yes, but they used others to help abuse the system and manipulate it in their favor. Did you notice that person's number jump over 150 points or something like that the other night? Now how did that happen?

Isaac-Saxxon 04-21-2007 09:58 AM

Points are like gold stars

You know the kind you got when you were a kid on your paper for doing good in school. Positive reenforcement :D Or when you get a shot at the doctor ? Tell some one it is OK or good and they might just believe you :rolleyes: So as for the point system well look around I do not see any body at the top or bottom leaving anytime soon :laugh:

AnimeSpirit 04-21-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
You know the kind you got when you were a kid on your paper for doing good in school. Positive reenforcement :D Or when you get a shot at the doctor ? Tell some one it is OK or good and they might just believe you :rolleyes: So as for the point system well look around I do not see any body at the top or bottom leaving anytime soon :laugh:

Your doctor gave you gold stars? Man, I got screwed. :p

Texasbelle 04-23-2007 01:48 PM

Well well well I see that the points system is gone. Nice to see that you still at any age can throw a temper tantrum and get your way!!!

AnimeSpirit 04-23-2007 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Well well well I see that the points system is gone. Nice to see that you still at any age can throw a temper tantrum and get your way!!!

Actually, the scale icon is still there and it still works. It looks like just the numbers are gone. The little green boxes are part of the rep system too though.

Texasbelle 04-23-2007 01:53 PM

So explain that :poke: :whip: :mad!:

AnimeSpirit 04-23-2007 02:13 PM

Explain what? :confused:

Neo 04-23-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle

The point viewing is gone, however, the rep button is ever present and useless!

Texasbelle 04-23-2007 04:05 PM

There are those folks that feel better after they punch a button...even if it is a red one.

Isaac-Saxxon 04-23-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo
The point viewing is gone, however, the rep button is ever present and useless!

We could use Anime as test button to see if his green marks go down if we all give him a red can :laugh: maybe the can system has come to fruit :laugh: and the numbers will not be so large so the folks that own this board will have to cross this bridge again :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: