Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Woman Sues Pastor for Revealing her Extramarital Affair (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1953)

sbl_admin 06-30-2007 10:57 AM

Woman Sues Pastor for Revealing her Extramarital Affair

A Texas court rules against woman sueing her pastor for revealing her extramarital affair

rhertz 06-30-2007 11:22 AM

So I take it that Pastor's are not bound by client confidentiality like other professions are? Regardless, spreading your member's dirt in public doesn't appear too christian to me. LOL, maybe he was an Islamic pastor? In that case, stoning the woman might have been in order.

Isaac-Saxxon 07-01-2007 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
So I take it that Pastor's are not bound by client confidentiality like other professions are? Regardless, spreading your member's dirt in public doesn't appear too Christian to me. LOL, maybe he was an Islamic pastor? In that case, stoning the woman might have been in order.

I would say that you hit the nail there rhertz. Loose lips. I would never go to a preacher and tell him anything personal. The lady that placed her confidence in the preacher man has had a rude wake up call. They are good for weddings and ok for funerals :D

Pocahontas 07-01-2007 10:49 PM

Guess this is why Catholics have confession? So one can "hide" behind the wall/curtain and not get lambasted after one's poured out all his sins.:confused:

AnimeSpirit 07-02-2007 09:32 AM

The pastor may not be legally bound to client confidentiality, but there is still a matter of ethics. In his position, I would have expressed my sincerest disapproval of the woman's actions, but it would not be my place to speak of it again.

The problem with forcing the truth out this way is that you rob the guilty of the chance to come clean. If this woman told her pastor, then she was obviously feeling guilty about her actions. She likely would have come clean given time. Now she never can.

rhertz 07-02-2007 11:50 AM

Not to mention that by "casting the first stone", the preacher may have set himself up as well. Nobody is perfect except for the one almighty!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-02-2007 01:52 PM

They shoot the messenger every time :rolleyes: Had a friend I use to play racquetball with and he got the big D and I told him how much better off he was with out the nag and then they got back together and I did not see him anymore because I told the truth. :laugh: Now they are divorced again :eek:
He gets the DA award :D

Texasbelle 07-02-2007 06:32 PM

IMO, I feel like the pastor should not have opened his mouth. I think many things said to them are said in trust for discression and with the belief that something like this would not happen.

HOWEVER, the woman having the affair apparently spotted what she thought was a greener pasture over the fence. She did not understand (at first) that the grass was the same green grass she already had, and fully of the same steaming piles. But she knew it was the same soon enough when by her confession she stepped right in one of those piles which apparently cost her dearly. So goes the road when you are a cheating spouse. It is kind of hard to feel sorry for her.

Isaac-Saxxon 07-02-2007 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
IMO, I feel like the pastor should not have opened his mouth. I think many things said to them are said in trust for discression and with the belief that something like this would not happen.

HOWEVER, the woman having the affair apparently spotted what she thought was a greener pasture over the fence. She did not understand (at first) that the grass was the same green grass she already had, and fully of the same steaming piles. But she knew it was the same soon enough when by her confession she stepped right in one of those piles which apparently cost her dearly. So goes the road when you are a cheating spouse. It is kind of hard to feel sorry for her.

Green grass :rolleyes: :rolleyes: or is it green cash :D Bad little girl she might have had a dead beat in the house ?

Texasbelle 07-02-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Green grass :rolleyes: :rolleyes: or is it green cash :D Bad little girl she might have had a dead beat in the house ?

Well even if he was a dead beat does it justify an affair? I think not. Of course, the cheater always wants you to feel sorry for them so they can justify their poor behavior.

Isaac-Saxxon 07-02-2007 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Well even if he was a dead beat does it justify an affair? I think not. Of course, the cheater always wants you to feel sorry for them so they can justify their poor behavior.

Cheaters never prosper just ask Carrie Underwood :D
Attachment 864
She so bad :cool:

Texasbelle 07-02-2007 07:03 PM

Every man would be wise to watch this video and heed the message!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-02-2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

Every man would be wise to watch this video and heed the message!

Oh I heed the message every time I watch it. :eek: That girl is high speed and broad band dsl ;)

rhertz 07-02-2007 09:14 PM

I feel so lame. I don't even know who Carrie Underwood is...

Texasbelle 07-02-2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhertz
I feel so lame. I don't even know who Carrie Underwood is...

That is not something you should admit Rhertz. She won American Idol and has won Grammies and CMA's. You're living too much of a sheltered life!