View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
It all starts at home. Parents need to instill in their children a healthy respect for other people, and other people's feelings. Schools can be brutal places, and its rarely the school's staff that make them that way. Its other children and the high drama they create. From perhaps the second grade on thru highschool, schools are just big popularity contests, just dog and pony shows. <SNIP>
Hey AL, could to hear from ya. although I would agree with what you've said. This guy was probably close to 30 years old, article didn't have his age, but he's been married for 10 years and has a few kids. Time enough to get over what happened to him at school ? Not like he went to school with the kids he killed.. Or course, that's not to say his troubles didn't start when he was in school. anyways just crazy.. here's the relevant piece of the article:

Quote:
Monday, Roberts walked into the one-room school in the Pennsylvania countryside carrying two guns. He let the boys and adults leave, tied up 10 girls and shot them, and then shot himself to death, according to police.

Three of the victims died at the scene and two more died in hospitals early Tuesday. (Full story)

"The man that did this today was not the Charlie I've been married to for almost 10 years," Roberts' widow, Marie, said in a statement Monday night. "My husband was loving, supportive and thoughtful -- all the things you'd always want and more."

Last edited by LateNight; 10-03-2006 at 10:37 PM.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote