View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #64
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
If, and I say IF I've "over-reacted" on this issue its only because this most important right, this right that makes America the shinin beacon of personal freedom that it is, this right that keeps our own government firmly where it belongs in it's lawful place of servitude to the people, this right from which all of our other rights derive, has been under attack for so long...since long before I or any of you were even born. It will ALWAYS be under attack, and our foundin fathers knew this. They understood that freedom ultimately comes from the barrel of a gun, and that regardless of the passage of time, this truth will NEVER change. So if we're going to err, or "over-react", let it always be on the side of caution. The day firearms possession becomes a "trivial issue" is the day we take that first step down the road to enslavement. May THAT day never come.
How does that old saying go? "You can pry my gun from my cold dead fingers", or something like that. Life is not worth living without the right to drive a car or the right to bear arms.. Yeah I know. Cars are evil and kill 60k people per year (more than guns) and cause global warming, etc. And guns are evil and kill a few k each year... such is the price of freedom IMHO.. Did anyone ever say freedom is free? if so, who? Or is freedom nowadays taken for granted and no longer worth fighting for, or perhaps even dying for? (Hopefully not) Would you die to protect your family? Everyone would say yes to that. Well how about your family's freedom? Ever think about that? The only thing that separates us from other countries is our constitutional right to bear arms, despite the best effort of irresponsible or evil @ssholes out there. Banning guns won't eliminate evil. Sorry for the rant.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote