View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 06:38 PM   #28
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
That's an optical consequence of the lens aperture and long, high-contrast exposures. I took that with a Sigma 30/1.4 and nothing else, not even a UV filter, on a Nikon D300.

I may go shoot it again with the correct ISO.
I am quite surprised to read this. I would have expected a "aura" or even a "halo" effect rather than a starburst under those circumstances. I really should find the time to scan my old special effects photo album from the 70's... I had all sorts of filters and I had the most fun using UV film for crazy color effects.

I would do things like seal the room so it was completely dark and hang a led light from the ceiling and let it swing with the camera on the floor pointed upwards at the LED with "bulb" setting (aperture open) and make spirograph effects. Stuff like that..