View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 09:26 PM   #1
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Al has an epiphany!

So there we were..."LateNight" and myself...bellied up to the LateNight Bar, drinks and cigars in hand...and discussing the world's heady, lofty issues. Specifically, I think the discussion had been about our G.I.s being on foreign soil. We were pretty much in agreement that having our servicemen and women fighting someone else's battles is just bad for bidness, when suddenly the lightbulb went off in my head. My idea was this: if we're gonna be sending our military to foreign lands, lets send them to protect the flora and fauna...the wildlife! Can you think of a better use for our troops than say, protecting endangered species and ecosystems? THATS what we should be doing! We should be taking a proactive role in conservation, we should be setting the example for good stewardship of the planet. Now thats something we can all get behind..a truly worthy cause! I'm sober now, and it STILL seems like a great idea. Comments?
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote