View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 12:08 AM   #10
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Wasabi is a Japense horseradish and I read that it really does have anti microbial properties.. I guess the extreme acidity of lemon juice also is unfriendly to microbes. But I'm still cooking mine.

BTW, where do you get good oysters to serve at home? I haven't bought any in years... I have a craving for oysters bienville or oysters rockafella
Albertsons on Southfield sells buckets of shucked oysters. They are priced pretty good. I have only used them for making bisque or gumbo, but at the right time you can get some big ones, and if you have something to cook them in without the shell you can use them for Rockefeller. I know you need a shell for the last part of this recipe, Bears has the best raw oysters in town and they have tons of shells. Geralds on Jimmy Davis hwy. also can provide shells. Don't fool with Farmers.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote