Thread: Spankings Work
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 09:41 AM   #7
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Now I don't have kids myself yet, but I would like to point out the difference between a beating and a spanking. The difference is in the aggression you use. You should NEVER NEVER attempt to spank your child during a moment when you have lost your temper. Your aggression is almost guaranteed to be more than what is needed. That is what teaches your child aggression is ok.

The proper way to spank a child is not unlike the way it was typically done in school years ago when teachers could use corporal punishment. Send the child out of the room for a few moments and tell them to wait outside. This is useful because it gives you a few moments to compose yourself and gives them a few moments to dread what they know is coming. Tell them to bend over and give em a few shots calmly. Afterwards, you sit them down and explain to them why their actions were wrong and express your unwillingness to let it happen again.