View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 12:57 AM   #9
Mudbug

Rep Power: 0 Mudbug is on a distinguished road Mudbug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
But my instincts tell me that she couldnt care less about the citizens of Shreveport..unless they're contributing to her election campaign.
I couldn't agree more. So I guess that's what I getting at with all this - why in the world should I actually cast my vote for any of these folks. There's 11 of them in all running, and other than their names and (for only a few) their prior business positions, I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about any of them. Nothing good, nothing bad, just plain nothing.

I drove down Youree yesterday on my way to the office and saw a smattering of signs for a bunch of them, and thought "I don't have a clue, and probably should." But what it comes down to is that I still don't have a clue who to vote for, and no good way of coming across a concise look at each of them that gives me their stances either way on the group of issues facing Shreveport.

There's lots of stuff to fix, lots of things to "throw money at" and lots of ways one idea could be seen as better than the other. I'm one of those folks that looks more on the lines of a candidate most closely representing my views instead of just following the party lines of things. I'd much rather vote for someone on the opposite side of the party fence from myself if their motives and actions show me they really have my best interest at heart, instead of just saying they'll do something to attract a specific segment of the votes. But in this case, I can't even find what they want to do about the problems, much less which one is closest to my own views on things.
Mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote