View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
I've been finned exactly twice in my life, Rhertz, and I'll never forget either occassion. Just as ya said, it hurts like hell...and the pain lingers for a hell of a long time. Its my understandin that its the slime that coats the fin that makes the puncture wound so exquisitely painful...I'll buy that.
About 15 years ago some of us guys went down to Grand Isle to fish for speckled trout. But at nighttime we would get drunk and fish for "hardhead" catfish just for kicks. My one friend named Don, yanked a catfish out of the water so quick it flew at him and stuck him right in the arm. So there he holding out his arm with a 1 or 2 lb catfish dangling from the stretched skin. We other guys laughed like hell. A picture I won't soon forget.

But a catfish "sting" is nothing like stepping on a stingray and having it turn around and gig you in the leg. This is a real problem down there. I would slide my feet on the bottom of the water while fishing so I wouldn't step on one.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote