View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 10:31 PM   #29
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by salguodgrubmab View Post
Yes,yes! My neighborhood pak-a-sak had a fairly good selection of 8-track tapes. I would spend a lot of time going through them. Remember how the showcase would have a hole large enough to stick your arm in and slide one out and peruse song lists and credits. I think the first ones I bought with coke bottle money were Fragile and Close to the Edge. Still hold up today. Rolling Stone magazine and their top album of the...never mention Yes. After those came Tales which was a little too esoteric for me, I had some trouble with Latin lyrics at the time. Ah, but then Relayer. By then I had a relatively good system and probably a Garrard turntable and was fully back in the Yes camp. I remember when it and Tormato were finally released on disc. I had forgotten just how good Relayer was. I may have been the first person to purchase Steve's Beginnings. There is a great vid of Steve playing a lap steel on an edit of To be over on youtube.
Sal you are a Yes Fan? I'm totally blown away. I will youtube the steve video. Chris Squire was pretty sweet on bass too. I won't even mention Rick Wakeman....... don't get me started..

I am one of the top 10 Yes fans on the planet, I must be! Measured by hours spent listening via 8 track, cassette, and vinyl combined. (CD doesn't count) I saw them in Jackson and Houston in the late 70's..

FWIW I like Relayer first and Tales of Topographics Oceans second. But I also like Steve's solo guitar. Around 1980 Steve made a solo album and I bought it on vinyl. good stuff. They always let him do this thang for one or two tracks in each album. I should search my old collection this weekend.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote