View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #19
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
We pay for this war with lives saved. You heard me right. We have not been hit by a muslim faction on our own soil since 9/11. So far so good. I'm sorry to see our boys die in Iraq but I am even more sorry to see our boys die in New York frickin City, USA! One new attack in a major US city and everyone will be changing their tune yet again.
I simply don't accept that "fighting in Iraq" has diminished anyone's ability to surprise us with an attack. Bagdad could become a shining city of democracy, but this will do nothing to stop the al-quaidas of this world from coming after us. The 9/11 attackers weren't even from Iraq

Right, no attacks since 9/11, and it was 8 years before that when they bombed the Trade Center in '93. Like I said before, they are very patient.

Quote:
I'm not saying that I agree with how some of our boys are dying over there, I think we should take the gloves off and get "effective" on their @ss! No way a Iranian or Syrian insurgent is tougher, more trained, more equipped, or better in any way over our boys. We should win and win fast, but that is not the PC way.
Exactly. This hanging around simply waiting for the next suicide bomb to go off isn't working.

Quote:
If Bush is guilty of anything, it is for living in an earlier less politicly correct world which I admit is a bit dilusional.
Please explain.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
--Sir Winston Churchill
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote