View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 06:53 PM   #6
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I oppose this merger because I believe in true competition by two or more companies. If the FCC and FTA allow the two sat radio companies to merge into one, this is a blow for free enterprise. If we are going to have one service provider, then it might as well be the government as in "public utility company" regulated by the feds, state, and locals. That is, Foster Campbell and people like him. Keep your eye on the politics here. If the only two sat radio companies can merge into one, then why not the only two remaining telcos or oil companies??? I just find it odd that we bust up monopolies (like AT&T and Standard Oil) and yet we institute "privatization" at the same time we allow them to form in the first place! Regulation and De-regulation must be two of the most lucrutive businesses in the world is all I can say! Why else is our government so inconsistent when it comes down to commerce?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote