View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 09:28 PM   #5
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
Warm might be too mild?!? Hot as Hades could be more appropriate

My experience in dealing with so many families as a teacher tells me that the families who have focus tend to instill that focus in their children. If the focus is faith or family time or educational things, it works. Doesn't it just make sense, then, that families who spend time focused on religious growth would grow in truth and trust and Godly principals?

On the opposite side of the coin, families with no focus have nothing to pass on. And believe me, there are those who are just floating and reacting to circumstances, waiting to be handed life!

This would be a good place to interject that age old addage, you reap what you sow. So, Anime, I agree that any philosophies that encourage good conduct in a child would surely have a positive impact on the child. It's just that religious families channel their energy into that more, and the results show in the studies.
While I like the objective stance you've taken on religion vs. doing anything constructive with your children, I feel I must point out that if the survey was conducted on an accurate scale of the American population, then it was nearly 90% Christian and is therefore expected to lean in that direction.

Simply put, while the results are accurate, they are also misleading because of a demographically accurate rather than a balanced survey group consisting of equal members of various religious and non-religious beliefs.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote