View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 10:46 AM   #6
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nc View Post
I don't see it here, but does anyone have a photo of the house that was torn down for David Tom's home on Gilbert - the corner one with the pond? Just saw something on the Fannin(?) blog about the lake being gone now. Reminds me of how long I've been away since last visit home.

Or some history of the property?

I lived down the street -bottom of Thrill Hill (which is worth some stories too). A friend and I would bike over to the pond to fish. Once we were caught in a giant thunderstorm (with hail) and the elderly lady of the house saw us and invited us in via the side door under that large overhang where we were sheltering.

She had her maid fetch us a couple of those little 8oz cokes "from the icebox" and we chatted until we could leave.

And what a fine house lost.

Wow we have a lot in common jnc. I too went to "Lanford's pond" to fish while growing up. The house in question was the Werner house as I recall. Two houses were built on that land. The Summers home and David Tom's home I do believe. Years before tearing down the Werner house, someone poured a fortune in it fixing it up. Seems a waste to have torn it down. Yes Mrs Landford was a nice lady and didn't mind kids fishing. I caught my first largemouth bass (about 1 pound) out of that lake on a purple worm. I will never forget it. BTW, I also grew up near the bottom of thrill hill.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote