View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 11:32 PM   #4
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Then what is the point! If I disagree with someone, but don't want to embarrass them, I would prefer to give them a negative privately than to post a message about it in front of everyone. I think it will encourage more negative posts and cause more fighting. You are doing away with the negatives, because one person has a huge problem receiving negatives and complained to you about it. I received negatives, was called an ugly name on two occasions, and did not come crying to you about it. I thought it was funny. I am sure it came from the person who complained to you. Just had to vent, time to move on.
Isabella, that's probably one of the big reasons why this system needs to be turned off. Just because you disagree with someone, doesn't mean they deserve bad rep. That's like punishing someone for being different. I've pointed this out numerous times in the FAQs ever since admin adopted this system. Despite that, I've personally noticed the reputation system being abused, because some members keep giving bad rep for the wrong reasons or no reason at all. I've received complaints in my private messages and I'm just a group moderator!

If you want to disagree with someone OFF the forum, we have private messaging here on SBLive! that work just like e-mail. I'm sorry, Isabella, but I'm in favor of admin turning bad rep off. It may be more democratic, but people just don't seem to get how to properly use it.