View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 11:00 AM   #17
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
I am not finding a link to the article you have. I am also not finding religious to necessarily be equated with Christian. I would love to read the entire article so as not to make assumptions.
On the first post of this thread, you'll notice below the description a link that says "Read More (1)" click that, it'll take you to the actual article after a few more clicks...

Or you could click here:

Study: Religion Is Good for Kids

Quote:
John Bartkowski, a Mississippi State University sociologist and his colleagues asked the parents and teachers of more than 16,000 kids, most of them first-graders, to rate how much self control they believed the kids had, how often they exhibited poor or unhappy behavior and how well they respected and worked with their peers.
The researchers compared these scores to how frequently the children’s parents said they attended worship services, talked about religion with their child and argued abut religion in the home.
The kids whose parents regularly attended religious services — especially when both parents did so frequently — and talked with their kids about religion were rated by both parents and teachers as having better self-control, social skills and approaches to learning than kids with non-religious parents.... READ MORE
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote