Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 03-14-2007, 07:11 PM   #136
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 263 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I understand your position there and situations like that are why I said "much of the time" and not "always." Cases like that are, indeed, different than common suicide. However, they also carry a sense of hopelessness with them as well. If you had such an illness as you describe, would you not feel hopeless this way?
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:13 PM   #137
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
My family's experience with Suicide

I think if you have never experienced first hand a loved one experiencing mental illness and walked down the road with them and then the subsequent loss of that person to suicide then it is very hard to really make an adequate judgement on suicide.

On September 22, 2006 I lost my mom to suicide. I was raised by a Christian mother, a strong woman, who taught me everything. She raised me to be a strong person, think for myself, taught me life skills, how to be a good mother, etc. I never, ever once in all of my 39 years ever considered my mother to be a weak person or a coward. She never walked away from anything. However, there was a point and I will now never know what it was when everything changed. She changed and for why we will never know. I can only guess. Maybe it was the surgery she had four months prior to the suicide that she couldn't seem to recover from, maybe it was some unknown effect of anesthesia on her brain that sent her into a depression,or what? I will never know. I do know this: Her family fought like hell to help her. My mom fought like hell to save herself, but when a person becomes that sick physically and mentally there is just this place in them that you and they can not reach. I never thought it would be possible that I would ever have to say these words. I never thought I would have to experience it with my mom. I can think of others I might have, but not my strong mom. You just never, ever know what curveball you are going to get thrown and you never know why it gets thrown.

I will give you all these few warnings when discussing suicide or encountering it within your family : 1)Don't judge these people and call them cowards. They are not. They are sick and need help. 2) Don't think that doctors are going to help. There are very few truly compassionate doctors out there who will truly care about you and your family like their own. My mom in the two weeks before her suicide told 4 doctors she intended to commit suicide. By law, those four doctors should have committed her to the hospital, none of them did. I begged one of them to do so, she refused to do it because she just "didn't see the need". 3)Be dogmatic when trying to get help for your family member. They truly do get to a point where they are incapable of helping themselves and thinking for themselves. 4)Don't leave them alone once they threaten even for a moment, because it only takes that moment.

Now I say all of this and tell you my story because it is hard to see that people think suicide was the easy way out and my mom might have chosen it because she just didn't want to help herself. She wanted to help herself and she would have had she been capable. Her family could have helped her more had the physicians that we took her to done their job. You can not possibly know the devastation of suicide and mental illness until you have truly walked down that road.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:22 PM   #138
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
and that would be you...........Brainsmasher. I have read this thread a couple of times since last night to be sure I did not miss anything. I wanted to be sure I was very clear on everyone's position. The thing I took away most from this is that you apparently feel that you just want to argue with anything and everything that anyone says. You are determined no matter what that you are not going to believe in God. I pity you for choosing this road, but hope that one day you will change your mind. I do believe and know that there will continue to be many times for you to make the decision to take up the cross and follow!
Actually, in typical Christian fashion, you couldn't be farther from the truth. You have made a completely inaccurate assumption and accusation when you could have simply asked my opinion.

You provide undeniable proof of the existence of your god and I'll believe. Popular opinion is not proof and a book full of hearsay is not proof. Try again.

Quote:
Above all though I feel so sad for you. Your life has most likely been full of hate, sadness, bitterness, evil, and so much hurt that you feel the need to turn it around on others. You have chosen this board and venue as one source to lash out as others. I can't help but wonder in what other ways have you lashed out? Is that perhaps the crime you've been accused of? Did it hurt someone? At what point will you begin to really take a good hard look in the mirror and see the self destruction here and realize what's really going on? All of these people here apparently, though they do seem to be tough on you at times, do care what happens to you. Most of them are probably praying for you. I will. I hope that you can find a place within yourself, your life and spend the same energy that you spend spitting venom and turn it into good. Turn that hurt and anger and defensive hostile nature over to "our higher power" God and see what can happen in your life. It looks like you've truly got nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain. There is wisdom to be learned from Isaac, and others. Try to do so and may God bless you and be with you.
This is downright laughable. Not being Christian doesn't mean I have suffered, it means I'm not a gullible little twit like you.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:24 PM   #139
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 263 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I did not mean to offend with my opinions of suicide. My apologies if it did offend. However, I have known people who committed suicide. We dealt with suicides on a suprisingly regular basis when I was in the military and every person was trained on how to recognize them and what should be done if one of our own exhibited such behavior. I agree, sickness is part of the picture. But sickness alone does not lead to suicide.

While in the military, it was not uncommon for some kid to get a taste of the hard-working life in the U.S. military and hate it so much that they try to escape it before they are even out of A-school. Knowing all too well what will become of them if they desert the military, they are left with suicide. This type of suicide is certainly a cowardly type that is based on hopelessness. As harsh as this label may be, stressing it so does indeed motivate some to reconsider against suicide. Conversely, telling a suicidal person how sick they are and how much help they need, may only worsen their desperation.

Of course, these cases are somewhat individual. It depends on the person really.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:26 PM   #140
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I would think that if someone dislikes God as much as Brainsmash does + This is one nation under God for which it stands + The nation's dollar states In God We Trust = Brainsmash doesn't want to part of this nation....

A+B+C= X

What's holding you back from the necessary conclusion?

Nobody likes to be miserable, they usually go to a more comfortable existence

I think this equation can be proven with fact and science!!!
As per the typical christian. You couldn't be farther from the truth. You have made a 100% incorrect assumption and that has lead you to a 100% inaccurate accusation.....one wonders if this is how the "witches" of Salem felt at the hands of the Christians.

Simply put, I don't believe in the existence of your god, therefore I can't "hate" your god. Do you "hate" Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, Bigfoot, or the Loch Ness Monster?
Old 03-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #141
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I may have missed a few posts, but has BrainSmasher admitted to hating God? Or has he merely stated that he doesn't believe in God. There is a difference.
Well at least one Christian doesn't have to lie to make his point.

The sad part is this guy is practically still a kid....what's your excuse Neo?
Old 03-14-2007, 07:31 PM   #142
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 249 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I understand your position there and situations like that are why I said "much of the time" and not "always." Cases like that are, indeed, different than common suicide. However, they also carry a sense of hopelessness with them as well. If you had such an illness as you describe, would you not feel hopeless this way?
I would certainly agree that hopelessness is a big factor in the taking of one's own life. Many cases are indeed hopeless, so its understandable to feel that way.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:34 PM   #143
BrainSmashR
Banned

Well, I'm not going to wade through the rest of the bull**** replying to individuals post. All I can say is you Bible beaters should get a hobby that takes you out of the house occassionally.

Maybe if you got out and enjoyed life a little more you wouldn't dream so much of suicide and the glorious afterlife......
Old 03-14-2007, 07:34 PM   #144
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
TWIT?????????????????????????? I think not Brainsmashr. But you have proven my point that you are a mean and evil spirited person. It's so sad for you.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #145
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 249 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Man! Is this guy Brain a pinhead or what? Looks like our lapsed catholic is done lettin out mouthfarts for the day.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:39 PM   #146
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
TWIT?????????????????????????? I think not Brainsmashr. But you have proven my point that you are a mean and evil spirited person. It's so sad for you.
Since you seem to think your opinion matters.....

Exactly why ARE you trying to catch flies?
Old 03-14-2007, 07:41 PM   #147
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Man! Is this guy Brain a pinhead or what? Looks like he's done lettin out mouthfarts.
Or maybe I've come to the conclusion that the intelligent folks here have already admitted all they have is faith and the rest are to stupid and close minded to even see the truth.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:41 PM   #148
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 319 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
As per the typical christian. You couldn't be farther from the truth. You have made a 100% incorrect assumption and that has lead you to a 100% inaccurate accusation.....one wonders if this is how the "witches" of Salem felt at the hands of the Christians.

Simply put, I don't believe in the existence of your god, therefore I can't "hate" your god. Do you "hate" Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, Bigfoot, or the Loch Ness Monster?
He is back. The Anti Christ is among us. "Is this the man (Ish) " or just one of his mindless minions ? Please tell us what it is you do have faith in and if not faith then what is your take on how we got here and where we are going or are you just like any democrat just tear it down with no plan to explain a better way ? Do you like the ACLU ? These questions when answered will tell us something about what you do believe. Step up to the plate Brain Boy.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:45 PM   #149
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
He is back. The Anti Christ is among us. "Is this the man (Ish) " or just one of his mindless minions ? Please tell us what it is you do have faith in and if not faith then what is your take on how we got here and where we are going or are you just like any democrat just tear it down with no plan to explain a better way ? Do like the ACLU ? These questions when answered will tell us something about what you do believe. Step up to the plate Brain Boy.
Isaac
I already told you what I believe. It's called science, shut-up and pay attention if you want to have a discussion so I don't have to waste time and resources repeating myself for the slow kids among us.

As for the ACLU, I believe in seperation of church and State, but that certainly doesn't make me a fan of the ACLU. Of course, I fail to see why you even asked the question since it's only a matter of time before you incorporate them into the every growing lie. Heck, it's even been rumored that I hate fictional beings now....
Old 03-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #150
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Or maybe I've come to the conclusion that the intelligent folks here have already admitted all they have is faith and the rest are to stupid and close minded to even see the truth.
"The truth"? I can see the "truth" just fine. The "truth" is that not only are you blind, youre willfully stupid. Thats no way to go thru life, boy. Creation itself is proof of God's existence.