Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > Green Giant Garden Group

Notices

Old 07-21-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Comments on: Blooming Banana 7-14-07

Reader comments and feedback for the Blooming Banana 7-14-07 photo.
This image is part of the Green Giant Garden Group photo gallery

This has been a very good growning year with all the rain.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:30 PM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
This photo is a bit soft but the color is there. It has about four big blooms with baby bananas all around each bloom. These guys like lot of light, water and organic nitrate. Each winter I top dress them with a fifty pound bag of manure and they make a nice privacy cover fence. Easy to get a start from someone and in a few years you will have a very nice plant.

OK RHETRZ AND TEXASBELLE I need to see some photos of gardens or something ???? Lots of talk and no help here from you two. If there is anyone else that would like to join the group and post photos please do or PM me and let me what you have and I will post it.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #3
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing like Mother Nature's own beauty! Very nice!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Isaac, you're quite the Botonist! Will those make edible bananas like we see in the store?
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb
Isaac, you're quite the Botonist! Will those make edible bananas like we see in the store?
You know they are about three inches long and I have never tried one. I bet if I was on a island somewhere I would but for now I just enjoy the plants and each year they get better. Nothing like a Havana Banana
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #6
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
My mom had a few "banana plants" around the house, but I don't recall ever seeing any fruit. Maybe a different type,I'm sure there are a few!
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote