Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

Old 06-21-2007, 07:05 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Druids, Pagans and Hippies Greet the Summer

STONEHENGE, England — More than 20,000 people braved heavy rain and clouds of cannabis smoke to celebrate the summer solstice at Stonehenge.

The ancient monument rang to the sounds of drumming and a saxophone as the Sun rose unseen above the Heel Stone at 4:58 a.m.

Druids, pagans, punks and New Age travelers mingled with the merely curious, despite the unfortunate weather.It was the first gathering at Stonehenge since the reclassification of cannabis and police were concentrating their attention on those suspected of possession with intent to supply rather than just smoking it.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,285358,00.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pagans.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	808

Where is the great Tomoshibi ? I did not see him in this photo

Name:	pagans 2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	809
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:15 AM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Summer Solstice at Stonehenge sounds awfully unofficial and boring, not to mention I'm not all that crazy about smoking anything, much less cannibis.

I hear spending Samhain at Salem, MA is awesome! However, NOTHING beats a good old fashion pilgrimage of just you and perhaps a friend or two to the most spiritually active places on Earth.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:34 AM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Anime I had to do some reading and I came up with this info. This is a unusual group of folks but I did not see them in any kind of violent protest just doing their thing ! This girl is kind of cute you may could get hooked up by going to one of these gatherings.

Name:	Pagan Girl.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	810

My son and I were fortunate enough to be able to spend Samhain in Salem, MA. We went down for the ceremony, but were early enough to look around and see the street vendors and others who were visiting.

We got in early and stopped by for a coffee. While there we heard that there were an estimated 40,000 people who would be in Salem that day. While that may seem small to some people, there are about 50,000 people in the town. During the month of October, I have heard that there are 3 times the population (about 150,000) people in Salem.

There were a lot of people there. After the ceremony some streets were clogged with people and were closed. There were miles of cars entering town when we left around 9 p.m. There were 3 people there with large signs wanting to save us all. They went to the debate school which says the loudest wins, obviously, as they shouted at the people around them.

There was a gathering at NuAeon around 5 p.m. We witches gathered to head up to Gallows Hill (which is a playground). We wound our way through town (through all these people), gathering more people as we went. Some families brought out their kids to watch us go. When we got in the circle at Gallows Hill, I will estimate that there were about 200 witches present.
http://www.neinfo.net/Shrine_7_Spher...mhain_2003.htm
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:11 PM   #4
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Looks like the aftermath of a concert I hope they have plenty to eat there are going to be some hungry folks after that party
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:40 PM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
LOL, kids are always trying to recreate woodstock. In vain I might add....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:53 PM   #6
Tomoshibi

Rep Power: 0 Tomoshibi has a spectacular aura about Tomoshibi has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Tomoshibi Send a message via Yahoo to Tomoshibi
I don't know about Woodstock because it was before my time, but the Witchy types can often throw great festivals. I missed Pagan Pride Day in Shreveport this past year, but it'll be coming around again on Aug 17th. With any luck, I'll catch it this time.
Tomoshibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:10 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoshibi
I don't know about Woodstock because it was before my time, but the Witchy types can often throw great festivals. I missed Pagan Pride Day in Shreveport this past year, but it'll be coming around again on Aug 17th. With any luck, I'll catch it this time.
The Great Tomoshibi has spoken at last I felt like I would hear from you on this thread. Good post Tomoshibi
Old 06-22-2007, 09:58 AM   #8
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>the most spiritually active places on Earth.

South Park Mall?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:06 AM   #9
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Good one Joe!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #10
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
>the most spiritually active places on Earth.

South Park Mall?
In your case, the Defeo house.