Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you a Christian ?
Yes I am a Christian 13 68.42%
No I am not a Christian 4 21.05%
I am of another faith 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:42 PM   #31
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
The Book

One thing that is not questionable is human nature. Everything in the bible about human nature has not changed and never will. God knew this. Look at the stories. The time frame is different but it still applies today. Nothing that is written about how people act and how they react will ever change. That is human nature. It is up to us to decide if we belive or not.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:44 PM   #32
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl
One thing that is not questionable is human nature. Everything in the bible about human nature has not changed and never will. God knew this. Look at the stories. The time frame is different but it still applies today. Nothing that is written about how people act and how they react will ever change. That is human nature. It is up to us to decide if we belive or not.
Gilgamesh is the oldest written recorded novel, why don't you believe everything there if you're looking for history?

Or the qu'ran etc.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:44 PM   #33
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Re:What am I? I am an adult who once questioned my faith at 17 but no longer. At some point, you must make a decision or else find yourself asking questions your whole life.
This time period is commonly referred to as the Dark Ages. The church provided all the answers and those who found themselves "asking questions" were often burned at the stake or just chased out of the country, if they were lucky, not unlike the very first Pilgrims...

This mentality is counterproductive to the learning process, period!!!

Quote:
Re: Why even exist if all you do is uphold a book that doesn't change? It's not just "a book". But ok, lets see you write one that is better. Go ahead and try. We will all be here waiting.
There are a variety of "better" books and approximately 4 billion people worldwide agree. However, even you have to admit which one is "best" is a personal choice for each individual.
Quote:
Re: You can't affect anything in the world. One prayer can have that effect. Just one.
Yeah, and Kryptonite hurts Superman....the problem is both of those concepts are based on fantasy. Now I agree that one man CAN make a difference, but we disagree on the method. It takes "blood, sweat, and tears" to achieve goals, not prayer.
Quote:
Re: Who knows? Millions do. God knows. He gave us his word in a book no less. One that you can hold in your hands and read (well hopefully). Millions have read this book. They all know. What you are really saying is "not me, I don't know" and that is why you are asking questions like this to strangers on an Internet forum. Which is fine. Manyhere have been patient in answering your questions.
What it shows is that he possess the intelligence and the courage to stand up and say "hey, reality doesn't mesh very well with what you're preaching".

Last edited by BrainSmashR; 04-30-2007 at 10:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-30-2007, 10:48 PM   #34
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
This time period is commonly refered to as the Dark Ages. The church provided all the answers and those who found themselves "asking questions" were often burned at the stake or just chased out of the country, if they were lucky, not unlike the very first Pilgrims...

This mentality is counterproductive to the learning process, period!!!

There are a variety of "better" books and approximately 4 billion people worldwide who agree. However, even you have to admit which one is "best" is a personal choice for each individual.

Yeah, and Kryptonite hurts Superman....the problem is both of those concepts are based on fantasy. Now I agree that one man CAN make a difference, but we disagree on the method. It takes "blood, sweat, and tears" to achieve goals, not prayer.

Re: Who knows? Millions do. God knows. He gave us his word in a book no less. One that you can hold in your hands and read (well hopefully). Millions have read this book. They all know. What you are really saying is "not me, I don't know" and that is why you are asking questions like this to strangers on an Internet forum. Which is fine. Manyhere have been patient in answering your questions.

What it shows is that he possess the intelligence and the courage to stand up say hey, reality doesn't mesh very well with what you're preaching.
Thanks for the support, he said what I left out, basically. Even those who disagree sometimes (brain and I) can agree on things we see because.. it has no religious taboo on it. We don't have to watch our Ps and Qs and tread on thin ice with religion because any person can express what they wish, whether or not somebody else agrees and rebuttals that idea is another story, this doesn't mean I hate anybody else or dislike that person as a whole, because they disagree with me. You guys (you know which ones you are) saw my age and discredited me before even reading what I had to say really, and even now you still do, but you should admire my ignorance and will to support myself and others by saying what needs to be said, even if it's unpopular.

Majority may rule, but minority wins.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:18 AM   #35
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
I dare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Post your thoughts pro or con if you dare !
I am a Christian! I love the faith that I have chosen as my own. I did not grow up in church or a religious family. It is my personal choice to believe in Jesus Christ, and the one, true living God!!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:21 AM   #36
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
Gilgamesh is the oldest written recorded novel, why don't you believe everything there if you're looking for history?

Or the qu'ran etc.
Gilgamesh lived about 2700 B.C and descended from Sargon the Magnificent who was a direct descendant of Cain. Gilgamesh was carrying on what Sargon and his father started when they built Babylon (confusion ) with all the Iggie and Sumerian's. Cain was a builder of cities and the reason for that was the curse of Cain which was that the ground would not produce food for him and he would be a vagabond, city builder and a money changer all the days of his life and his seed (tares) too.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:23 AM   #37
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
I am a Christian! I love the faith that I have chosen as my own. I did not grow up in church or a religious family. It is my personal choice to believe in Jesus Christ, and the one, true living God!!
These are the kinds of Christians I like, not the ones who just come and sit down in a chair every week purposefully absorbing propaganda and skewed lies. I sit through those same services, it's a wonder people don't shoot the place up by the way they say things (but it's in a loving way, right?). Psht.

"If you love God, burn a church." - Jello Biafra
Old 05-01-2007, 07:24 AM   #38
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Gilgamesh lived about 2700 B.C and descended from Sargon the Magnificent who was a direct descendant of Cain. Gilgamesh was carrying on what Sargon and his father started when they built Babylon (confusion ) with all the Iggie and Sumerian's. Cain was a builder of cities and the reason for that was the curse of Cain which was that the ground would not produce food for him and he would be a vagabond, city builder and a money changer all the days of his life and his seed (tares) too.
Ok? Why restate it? I asked if he liked to read old novels and thought they were true if their age covered truths.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:27 AM   #39
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
"If you love God, burn a church." - Jello Biafra

While I don't disagree with the sentiment, keep in mind Isaac doesn't go to church and he's by far the biggest zealot in the bunch.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:41 AM   #40
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
While I don't disagree with the sentiment, keep in mind Isaac doesn't go to church and he's by far the biggest zealot in the bunch.
Thank you brain I know by your post there is no way you are a zealot about anything do you fight with yourself when nobody is around to fight with ? You must just practice in front of the mirror with your camera
Old 05-01-2007, 07:45 AM   #41
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thank you brain I know by your post there is no way you are a zealot about anything do you fight with yourself when nobody is around to fight with ? You must just practice in front of the mirror with your camera
You said post pros or cons, if you don't accept the cons, get the **** out.

I'm here. But now I'm leaving. Kbye
Old 05-01-2007, 07:52 AM   #42
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:

Do not be late for the bus son You are the one that needs to move on boy. Time to go free your mind and look down on the little people. Life has some serious lessons for you
Old 05-01-2007, 08:13 AM   #43
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

You know your quote could also apply to yourself as well. If you don't like all of the pros for Chrisitanity and all the positive folks on this board, why don't you get out and take YOUR POTTY MOUTH WITH YOU.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:59 AM   #44
sassy1

Rep Power: 0 sassy1 is a jewel in the rough sassy1 is a jewel in the rough sassy1 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Post your thoughts pro or con if you dare !
Gracious Isaac...this should get interesting! I am a Christian. However some will have you believe that is a bad word. What's happening to America when people stand for nothing!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:24 AM   #45
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy1
Gracious Isaac...this should get interesting! I am a Christian. However some will have you believe that is a bad word. What's happening to America when people stand for nothing!
Well spoken Sassy1 I am waiting for the call for a recount oh it was a trick question and that is not fair
Closed Thread