Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Culture & Community

Notices

Old 09-27-2007, 11:41 AM   #16
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huldah View Post
I too thought that the Iranian PMs remarks were ironic, even laughable. He believes that there are no homosexuals in Iran because he has done all he can to get rid of them.

I believe that homosexual behavior is immoral. Also, being a military woman myself, I am bound by oath to follow the U.S. Military Code of Justice which prohibits homosexual activity as well as adultery. I agree with General Pace when he reaffirmed his statements agains homosexuality. God's Word, the Bible which I also try to follow to the best of my ability states that it is wrong.

I don't in any way condone the execution or imprisonment of homosexuals simply for acting homosexual. Unfortunately, it isn't against civil law. The "Civil Rights Activists" are however, overlooking one of the charges agains the two Iranians in the article: They are accused of raping a young boy. I know that some would say that this was made up as an excuse to execute them, or even that gays should be allowed to live the way they want to.

Well, rape is a very serious crime (punishable by death in the Bible), so shouldn't rape of a child, and even worse, homosexual rape of a child be abhorred by all? If someone did that to my child, I believe that I would be unable to stop myself from breaking the fifth commandment.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I don't expect any of you to agree, just to allow me to vent now and then.

Thank you.
Great post Huldah I do not hate gay people or even dislike them to the point of being mad. I do not condone that life style. Thank you for your military service
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:42 AM   #17
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
I have to admit that I am a Lesbian. I make no apologies about it. I love women.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:55 AM   #18
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl View Post
I have to admit that I am a Lesbian. I make no apologies about it. I love women.
You know I thought that about you all along
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:10 PM   #19
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huldah View Post

Well, rape is a very serious crime (punishable by death in the Bible), so shouldn't rape of a child, and even worse, homosexual rape of a child be abhored by all? If someone did that to my child, I believe that I would be unable to stop myself from breaking the fifth commandment.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I don't expect any of you to agree, just to allow me to vent now and then.

Thank you.
Any kind of rape of a child is considered horrific and those involved should be punished! I don't think any of us disagree on that note. But the execution of homosexuals just for the sake of being gay is a horrific crime in itself!
I am in a very tough place as a Christian on the gay issue. If you had a child or loved one that turned out to be gay it is quite an eye opener! It can change your thoughts. I knew before my little brother did that he was gay. He was like that since he was a toddler. So I constantly am confused and intriqued by what makes someone homosexual...they really don't just wake up one day and say hey I think I'll turn gay. Sorry I had to vent some as well and I know most on this board are not in the position I'm in so thanks for letting me have my say!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:34 PM   #20
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
Any kind of rape of a child is considered horrific and those involved should be punished! I don't think any of us disagree on that note. But the execution of homosexuals just for the sake of being gay is a horrific crime in itself!
I am in a very tough place as a Christian on the gay issue. If you had a child or loved one that turned out to be gay it is quite an eye opener! It can change your thoughts. I knew before my little brother did that he was gay. He was like that since he was a toddler. So I constantly am confused and intrigued by what makes someone homosexual...they really don't just wake up one day and say hey I think I'll turn gay. Sorry I had to vent some as well and I know most on this board are not in the position I'm in so thanks for letting me have my say!
Say you had a brother or child that committed a murder. You would still love him but would you think the murder was OK ? You do not have to dislike someone to not agree with the issue Right LN & Al ?
Old 09-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #21
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Say you had a brother or child that committed a murder. You would still love him but would you think the murder was OK ? You do not have to dislike someone to not agree with the issue Right LN & Al ?
I couldn't have said it better.

Wait are LN and Al gay?????

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #22
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I had an uncle that was gay and loved him with all my heart. I did not encourage or support his lifestyle choices nor did anybody else in the family. We included him and his partner in everything but it was very much understood that no one "approved". So I think it is possible to love the person and not the sin.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:56 PM   #23
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
I had an uncle that was gay and loved him with all my heart. I did not encourage or support his lifestyle choices nor did anybody else in the family. We included him and his partner in everything but it was very much understood that no one "approved". So I think it is possible to love the person and not the sin.
I had a cousin the same way. He had a long time girlfriend in the 80's, and then he had a "roomate" for a long time. The girlfriend got married and the "roomate" and my cousin bought a house. My cousin died at 36, the "roomate" is still alive. He was part of the family the whole time. What is really bad is, the girlfriend died 6 months after my cousin and left two kids behind. I don't agree with the "gay thing", but it touches alot more people than are probably willing to admit. My deal is "keep it in your own house" no PDA. To each his own.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:39 AM   #24
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Romans Chapter 1 : 26-28
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Old 09-29-2007, 08:46 AM   #25
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

"Queer Eye for the Islamofascist Guy."

TASE HIM, BRO!
Democrats should run Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for president. He's more coherent than Dennis Kucinich, he dresses like their base, he's more macho than John Edwards, and he's willing to show up at a forum where he might get one hostile question -- unlike the current Democratic candidates for president who won't debate on Fox News Channel. He's not married to an impeached president, and the name "Mahmoud Ahmadinejad" is surely no more frightening than "B. Hussein Obama."
http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi
Old 09-29-2007, 10:37 AM   #26
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
I have an Uncle who is gay and it has never bothered me. As a kid we were told that he was "just a bachelor", mainly because my grandparents couldn't fathom it! Seriously, even as a child, I looked up to him- not that I knew he was gay or anything, just that I noticed his not having a wife and kids afforded him a much more "fun" lifestyle. Of course, as I grew older I realized he was gay, and even though I don't think it's ok, Thats HIS buisiness. Fact is: I have more Respect for him than just about any other Male I know. He and his Partner are just like TWO Uncles to me, and I Love them both. I think we will all be judged for who we are, of course our actions will play a major role in this judgement, but I think WHO you are as a person, in your heart, is much more rellevant. I could be wrong, but I pray for guidance...
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote