Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 12-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post White woman beaten by a group of black students on a bus

A white woman beaten by a group of black students on a Baltimore bus has prompted a hate-crime investigation, and chatter over comparisons with the Jena Six case

sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:29 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
This is not news worthy !! It has to be against the poor black man before the national news will pick it up. Now if this gal made a noose and placed in a tree after she was beat up then it would be news. I am sure these poor black folk are not guilty because there family was oppressed by the white man.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Yeah, its not the kids fault. They're just a product of their environment- Its our fault for not giving them more when their hand is out.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
See the difference? If I as a student had been involved in something like this my mom and pop would have beat me more severely than this woman... then made me go apologize. But read the article.... the students parents are sticking up for them..... "They were provoked!"
Quote:
MTA Northern District Capt. David Marzola said the middle school students, three females and six males 14 to 15 years old, are also accused of menacing an elderly white passenger and assaulting the bus operator, a black male who defended his passenger.
The students, who ride the bus to Robert Poole Middle School, have been released into the custody of their parents, Greene said.
MTA police said evidence has not been found to support claims by the students' parents that the children were provoked.
Name:  0_61_120807_Kreager_Sarah1.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  6.7 KB
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:42 PM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Where's Al and Jesse?? Surely they should travel to Baltimore and straighten this situation out. Maybe hold a march or something....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Would you defend yourself or retreat?

Even though there were nine attackers I think the instinct is to hold back because they are "children".
This link is from a discussion on the Bernard Goetz case.

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/comm...=8293_0_54_0_C
Quote:
House Bill 882
The House overwhelmingly passed a bill that will allow a self-defense claim to extend beyond the entry of one's home. If the bill becomes law, you will be able to have a "rebuttable presumption of innocence" (legal term) when you kill someone that you believe was about to commit a felonious act ( like burglary) or inflict bodily, possibly fatal harm to your person whether you are in your home, on your property, in your car or your place of business/employment. I voted for this bill.

The criticism behind this bill was that it would be considered open season on inner city youth if enacted. Being sensitive to that, I see it quite the opposite. In my district, there are homeowners trying to live in peace, but they are victims of burglaries and carjackings. As the current law reads, you would only have a claim of self-defense if a person was illegally in your house or was physically attacking you. This would broaden the scope. It is actually a long overdue companion bill to the "gunslinger" law, which allows a citizen to carry a gun in their car or place of business, as long as it is not concealed. The bill also provides civil protection for citizens who defend themselves and then get sued by the perpetrators or their families. The bill is actually a sad commentary on the state of affairs in this world, but I feel it will give citizens a sense of empowerment and not necessarily compel them to a "duty to retreat" (another legal term). In case you were wondering, the bill also protects those individuals, like census takers or repo men, who show up on your property in the performance of their duties.
By: Rep. Erik Fleming on Jan 14, 06 | 2:04 am
howela is offline   Reply With Quote