Go Back   Shreveport.com > Support Forums > SBLive! Polls

Notices

Poll: Do you lock your car doors immediately upon entering your car?
Poll Options
Do you lock your car doors immediately upon entering your car?

Old 03-22-2007, 12:56 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Car Jacking: Do you lock your car doors immediately upon entering your car?

Do you lock your car doors immediately upon entering your car ?
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Over in South Africa, they have a rather merciless anti-carjacking device because hijacking has been such a horrible problem over there. Motorists can have their cars fitted with a set of flamethrowers underneath the car. When a car jacker approaches the motorist's window, they can stomp on a pedal that sends a wall of flames up both sides of the car, efficiently repelling the would-be car jacker.

AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Over in South Africa, they have a rather merciless anti-carjacking device because hijacking has been such a horrible problem over there. Motorists can have their cars fitted with a set of flamethrowers underneath the car. When a car jacker approaches the motorist's window, they can stomp on a pedal that sends a wall of flames up both sides of the car, efficiently repelling the would-be car jacker.

I would just love to see that "anti-theft" device in action
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
I would just love to see that "anti-theft" device in action
Here you go!

AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
I started locking my car when I lived in Shreveport due to all the car jackings downtown and this is where I worked. Now it's just a habit and I never leave my purse on the seat because they will break your window to get it and by the time the shock of it happening goes away they have your purse. I leave my purse at my feet or in the backseat and I have a coupe so there is no back window close to see the purse.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
refugen3

Rep Power: 0 refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice
I know this is an old thread, but I just got an e-mail the other day that convinced me otherwise. I don't always lock my doors depending on where I am.
This e-mail got me to thinking.... I guess there's a few wackos who thought about how to get in a locked car. When they see you in the vehicle they will come up to the window and ask you to roll it down trying to give you money they say you dropped.
Don't fall for it ladies, it's just another scam!
refugen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:21 AM   #7
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
The people who really make me nervous in parking lots are those who are walking around trying to act like they are selling you something. Those are the ones I hurry to get away from. In the Target parking lot last year I actually watched a man dressed like a woman try to talk an old lady into a ride. I was putting my groceries in my car and for some reason they caught my eye. Our cars were parked almost head to head. So when I got in my car to leave I just sat there and watched. The she/man was talking to the woman as she was still trying to get out of her car and into the store and wouldn't really leave her alone. She/man kept showing the older lady something in her hand. It just looked extremely odd and out of place to me. The she/man ended up getting in the car with the woman! and I almost hyperventilated because I knew in my heart "Oh no this is not good." So I threw my car into reverse and drove up behind them before they could move to get the license plate number. They continued to sit there for a few minutes and I kept circling, but by this time the she/man had noticed me watching and she/man was watching me. So I parked my car head to head again with them and had my phone in my hand calling 911 because I knew it was a bad deal for sure. The she/man noticed me with my phone in my hand, getting out of my car and coming towards them. She/man bolted from that car like a rocket and began sprinting across the parking lot. She jumped into another car that was waiting across the lot and they took off. Well, the old lady was in shock and informed me that the person was trying to talk her into taking her to her "attorney's office" that was just right across the road. She/man supposedly had this money that she just had to get there RIGHT NOW and needed help. But the old lady was just a little nervous and kept asking her questions which is why they didn't leave right away. Long story short within a week there was a story about these people scamming in parking lots, getting people to give them a ride, and then they robbed them!!!!

P.S. There is no attorney's office right across from Targets. It's only a store called Lowe's.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:51 AM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Do not mess with a mad Tbelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
The people who really make me nervous in parking lots are those who are walking around trying to act like they are selling you something. Those are the ones I hurry to get away from. In the Target parking lot last year I actually watched a man dressed like a woman try to talk an old lady into a ride. I was putting my groceries in my car and for some reason they caught my eye. Our cars were parked almost head to head. So when I got in my car to leave I just sat there and watched. The she/man was talking to the woman as she was still trying to get out of her car and into the store and wouldn't really leave her alone. She/man kept showing the older lady something in her hand. It just looked extremely odd and out of place to me. The she/man ended up getting in the car with the woman! and I almost hyperventilated because I knew in my heart "Oh no this is not good." So I threw my car into reverse and drove up behind them before they could move to get the license plate number. They continued to sit there for a few minutes and I kept circling, but by this time the she/man had noticed me watching and she/man was watching me. So I parked my car head to head again with them and had my phone in my hand calling 911 because I knew it was a bad deal for sure. The she/man noticed me with my phone in my hand, getting out of my car and coming towards them. She/man bolted from that car like a rocket and began sprinting across the parking lot. She jumped into another car that was waiting across the lot and they took off. Well, the old lady was in shock and informed me that the person was trying to talk her into taking her to her "attorney's office" that was just right across the road. She/man supposedly had this money that she just had to get there RIGHT NOW and needed help. But the old lady was just a little nervous and kept asking her questions which is why they didn't leave right away. Long story short within a week there was a story about these people scamming in parking lots, getting people to give them a ride, and then they robbed them!!!!

P.S. There is no attorney's office right across from Targets. It's only a store called Lowe's.
You go girl. Good acts such as that are much needed and a purple heart for you taking a stand. Freaks every where you look these days.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:07 AM   #9
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
The people who really make me nervous in parking lots are those who are walking around trying to act like they are selling you something. ......
Wow ! Tbelle, that's one incredible story. Sounds like you saved someone from havin' a really lousy day for sure. That's one thing to be said, about everyone havin' a cell phone today. And most of them have cameras built in as well.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:16 AM   #10
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Note to man trying to dress like woman: Your size 13 foot trying to wear heels and your bad bad wig will give you away to T'Belle!
Old 04-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Your size 13 foot trying to wear heels and your bad bad wig will give you away to T'

Quote:
Note to man trying to dress like woman: Your size 13 foot trying to wear heels and your bad bad wig will give you away to T'Belle!
LN I did not know you dressed in drag The more we post the more we learn about each other
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #12
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
LN I did not know you dressed in drag The more we post the more we learn about each other
Isaac
Uhh.. did I miss something ?

Old 04-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #13
Interested w/ an Opinion

Rep Power: 0 Interested w/ an Opinion is a jewel in the rough Interested w/ an Opinion is a jewel in the rough Interested w/ an Opinion is a jewel in the rough Interested w/ an Opinion is a jewel in the rough
another way of hijacking in shreveport/bossier

i received an email about another way to hijack cars...copied from email

Please note that we have received this bulletin from the Shreveport
City
Police, and are passing the information along to as requested.

NEW WAY TO DO CAR JACKING'S (NOT A JOKE)

Heads up everyone! Please keep this circulating...You walk across the
parking lot, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine and
shift
into Reverse.

When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your parking
space,
you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window.

So, you shift into Park, unlock your doors and jump out of your car to
remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.

When you reach the back of your car that is when the car jackers
appear
out
of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically mow you
down
as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car. So now
the
carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys.
Your
home and your whole identity are now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just drive
away,
remove the paper later and be thankful that you read this e-mail.

A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification
documents and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong
hands.

Sergeant Robin Snyder
SPD/USD/C.O.P. Bureau
6500 Kennedy Drive
Shreveport, LA 71109
Interested w/ an Opinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:51 AM   #14
refugen3

Rep Power: 0 refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice

thanks for the info. Everyone needs to be informed
of a potentially dangerous situation.
refugen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:07 AM   #15
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Note to self: If I see a note taped to back windshield, run over idiot who put it there! He won't be robbing me.