Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Technology

Notices

Old 04-04-2007, 07:50 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post No Cell Phones On Planes!

A government agency on Tuesday said it will keep a rule in place that requires cell phones to be turned off during airline flights.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:29 AM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Mythbusters busted this one once. They found that airplanes have such efficient resonance insulation that no cell phone could possibly interfere. The rule requiring them to be turned off is merely a "better safe than sorry" deal.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:07 AM   #3
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Thank Jeebus. I don't care if they're perfectly safe, the last thing I want on an enclosed aircraft is 50 people yammering away on their cell phones.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:11 AM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I agree with no cell phones on planes

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Thank Jeebus. I don't care if they're perfectly safe, the last thing I want on an enclosed aircraft is 50 people yammering away on their cell phones.
I do not like yammering either Joe do you know who Jeebus is and the history of Jeebus ? Just wondered
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:12 AM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
I can agree with that. It would be irritating.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:16 PM   #6
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
If I had to listen to people around me talking about their personal problems or fighting with someone in an airplane I would definitely let loose and they would see a different side of me.

I know CVS won't take your prescription or give you your prescription if you are on a cell phone. There are signs at each area including the pickup window outside. People abuse the cell phone use is the problem and allowing them to be used on a place would definitely start AIR RAGE!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #7
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I am nervous enough flying on a plane. I require a hand to hold, preferably my husband's, but to have someone blabbering away next to me on a phone would put me over the edge. And usually when I am flying it is to get away from the childrens and my husband's office so it's a great excuse not to answer the phone as well!!!!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:02 PM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Put you over the edge you say ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I am nervous enough flying on a plane. I require a hand to hold, preferably my husband's, but to have someone blabbering away next to me on a phone would put me over the edge. And usually when I am flying it is to get away from the childrens and my husband's office so it's a great excuse not to answer the phone as well!!!!
Would that be like over the hill kink of edge or just a mental thing My wife does not care for planes either but I will get on one no problem. Take a pill and chill they almost always get there
Isaac
Old 04-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #9
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Isaac, it's that "almost" that is the problem for your wife and I. I do prefer to fly drugged up!
Old 04-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

You have bye bye wings so you can fly

Quote:
Isaac, it's that "almost" that is the problem for your wife and I. I do prefer to fly drugged up!
Hey Tbelle what does a forty year old woman wear around her belly button ?
Isaac
Old 04-05-2007, 08:37 PM   #11
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

What?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

You know !

Quote:
What?
Her boobs just look down
Isaac