Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Politics

Notices

Old 03-29-2007, 06:06 PM   #16
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba McMillian
This is a different sort of enemy that we have never fought before
Well Mr. Bubba, that's exactly right. It's an Enemy WITHOUT a country.
Fighting this enemy is not about invading and occupying another country. It's about identifying terrorists where they are, and WIPING THEM OUT. If for example someone like the Taliban take over a country like Afghanistan, THEN sure we go in there, bomb them back to the stone age. But this crap about sitting around in Iraq with young troops playing cops on street corners, just isn't getting us anywhere. And again, I don't want to hear about spreading democracy, if they want it in Iraq, they'll get it. But they don't want it, and they surely don't want it as a handout from us.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
--Sir Winston Churchill
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:26 PM   #17
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
As long as we have people over there, they SHOULD be funded. Ya dont wanna fund em, FINE, bring em home. End of story.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:18 PM   #18
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Rider
Yes, I am a patriot. No, I'm not a bleeding heart liberal.
No I don't want to have my taxes raised. But riddle me this. How do we plan on paying for this war ? it sure ain't free.
No, it ain't free. Freedom was never free. It always cost dollars and lives. Now and then. But here is the answer, probably an answer you might disgree with. We pay for this war with lives saved. You heard me right. We have not been hit by a muslim faction on our own soil since 9/11. So far so good. I'm sorry to see our boys die in Iraq but I am even more sorry to see our boys die in New York frickin City, USA! One new attack in a major US city and everyone will be changing their tune yet again.

I'm not saying that I agree with how some of our boys are dying over there, I think we should take the gloves off and get "effective" on their @ss! No way a Iranian or Syrian insurgent is tougher, more trained, more equipped, or better in any way over our boys. We should win and win fast, but that is not the PC way. If Bush is guilty of anything, it is for living in an earlier less politicly correct world which I admit is a bit dilusional.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #19
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
We pay for this war with lives saved. You heard me right. We have not been hit by a muslim faction on our own soil since 9/11. So far so good. I'm sorry to see our boys die in Iraq but I am even more sorry to see our boys die in New York frickin City, USA! One new attack in a major US city and everyone will be changing their tune yet again.
I simply don't accept that "fighting in Iraq" has diminished anyone's ability to surprise us with an attack. Bagdad could become a shining city of democracy, but this will do nothing to stop the al-quaidas of this world from coming after us. The 9/11 attackers weren't even from Iraq

Right, no attacks since 9/11, and it was 8 years before that when they bombed the Trade Center in '93. Like I said before, they are very patient.

Quote:
I'm not saying that I agree with how some of our boys are dying over there, I think we should take the gloves off and get "effective" on their @ss! No way a Iranian or Syrian insurgent is tougher, more trained, more equipped, or better in any way over our boys. We should win and win fast, but that is not the PC way.
Exactly. This hanging around simply waiting for the next suicide bomb to go off isn't working.

Quote:
If Bush is guilty of anything, it is for living in an earlier less politicly correct world which I admit is a bit dilusional.
Please explain.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
--Sir Winston Churchill
Old 03-30-2007, 06:08 AM   #20
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
It has done a bunch to stop the attacks

Quote:
I simply don't accept that "fighting in Iraq" has diminished anyone's ability to surprise us with an attack. Bagdad could become a shining city of democracy, but this will do nothing to stop the al-quaidas of this world from coming after us. The 9/11 attackers weren't even from Iraq

Right, no attacks since 9/11, and it was 8 years before that when they bombed the Trade Center in '93. Like I said before, they are very patient.

Exactly. This hanging around simply waiting for the next suicide bomb to go off isn't working.

Please explain.
So do you think that Churchill would have sat around and waited for the next attack ? NOT ! He would have picked a big stick and kicked some ass like we are doing. You think bring everyone home and shutting the door will make all this go away ? Well dig deeper in the sand RR and stick you head in because that is the only way to make this problem go away out side of taking the fight to the bastards and keeping them on their heels and not letting them get on their toes. Oh so passive I swear. Seems hard to live by your own word.

--Sir Winston Churchill

Hurry off alright by running home and not having the back bone to stand up to our enemies. The liberals have polluted our country and the fruit is on the vine. You can tell a vine by its fruit. Our President will stay the coarse even when the slack jawed liberals do not.
Isaac
Good Morning
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:55 AM   #21
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Should We Continue To Fund Our Troops?
YES!
Old 03-30-2007, 08:42 AM   #22
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
So do you think that Churchill would have sat around and waited for the next attack ? NOT ! He would have picked a big stick and kicked some ass like we are doing. You think bring everyone home and shutting the door will make all this go away ? Well dig deeper in the sand RR and stick you head in because that is the only way to make this problem go away out side of taking the fight to the bastards and keeping them on their heels and not letting them get on their toes. Oh so passive I swear. Seems hard to live by your own word.

--Sir Winston Churchill

Hurry off alright by running home and not having the back bone to stand up to our enemies. The liberals have polluted our country and the fruit is on the vine. You can tell a vine by its fruit. Our President will stay the coarse even when the slack jawed liberals do not.
Isaac
Good Morning
If you are going to quote me, then please try to pretend you are reading what I have to say. Yes there are enemies to be had. And as I have said, lets go after them. This whole Iraq thing is just plain and simple not going anywhere. These Insurgents or what ever you want to call them, in Iraq, will aways be there. As long as we are there. when we leave, they'll quit blowing us up, and start blowing up each other. Iraq does not = 9/11, I say lets go after those involved in 9/11, and then lets shut IRAN up. I'll say it one more time, I'm not about CUT AND RUN I'm about taking the fight to where it needs to be. And NOT leaving our troops in a situation, where they are trying to play COPS, and have to be shot at first, before they can reply. I'll go as far as to say, that even though IRAQ, does not equal 9/11, I'm glad Saddam is gone. But this HANGING AROUND, and FOR WHAT ? how long does that need to last ? Until it's DONE ? it'll NEVER BE DONE.

--Sir Winston Churchill
Old 03-30-2007, 08:54 AM   #23
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Good morning RR glad to see you could make it

Quote:
If you are going to quote me, then please try to pretend you are reading what I have to say. Yes there are enemies to be had. And as I have said, lets go after them. This whole Iraq thing is just plain and simple not going anywhere. These Insurgents or what ever you want to call them, in Iraq, will aways be there. As long as we are there. when we leave, they'll quit blowing us up, and start blowing up each other. Iraq does not = 9/11, I say lets go after those involved in 9/11, and then lets shut IRAN up. I'll say it one more time, I'm not about CUT AND RUN I'm about taking the fight to where it needs to be. And NOT leaving our troops in a situation, where they are trying to play COPS, and have to be shot at first, before they can reply. I'll go as far as to say, that even though IRAQ, does not equal 9/11, I'm glad Saddam is gone. But this freakin' HANGING AROUND, and FOR WHAT ? how long does that need to last ? Until it's DONE ? it'll NEVER BE DONE.
Oh your wrong about that last part " it'll never be done" it will be done on earth as it is in HEAVEN so no reason to drop the ball now. We the Christian nations have and have had a commission to uphold freedom and defend our country and faith and if that means taking it to the enemy then that is what has to be done. You may not have to wait long before some of them leave Iraq They may have to cross over into Iran to finish this mess and shake Iran down to their roots. (Daniel Chapter 11) just read it this morning you might if you are so inclined read that and gird yourself up man this is the real deal and stand and be counted. Not trying to be mean to you RR just dare to make a stand. Thanks for your post.
Isaac
Old 04-11-2007, 07:52 AM   #24
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

CNN -- Apr 11 2007 7:52 AM
No yielding on war funding as Bush proposes talks
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:29 AM   #25
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

FOX NEWS -- Apr 11 2007 8:29 AM
Republicans Battle Democrats Over Funding U.S. Troops in Iraq, Afghanistan
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:45 AM   #26
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Democrats are doing their best to bring the country down

Fancy Nancy wants to go to Iran now and try to play president again. She is for cutting our troops off and all in a attempt to hurt the GOP and try and rule this country from seat three. It is time that the power of the veto be used and support our troops. Sad times we live in when the bleeding hearts are running our country in the ground
Isaac
Old 04-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #27
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
God bless the soldiers!

Yes indeed we should continue funding our troops! It is absurd to think otherwise!! We should continue spiritually, mentally, physically, and fiscally supporting them and our President. Our enemies love it when we aren't in support of the troops and the president and that's very scary. We should all unite until this war is over and we are out of there.
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #28
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
Are you sure the dems are not accepting donations from Iran, Al Queda, North Korea, and BrainsmshR in order to destabilize the US gov.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:50 PM   #29
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Well spoken Pocahontas !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Yes indeed we should continue funding our troops! It is absurd to think otherwise!! We should continue spiritually, mentally, physically, and fiscally supporting them and our President. Our enemies love it when we aren't in support of the troops and the president and that's very scary. We should all unite until this war is over and we are out of there.
There is still a core of Christian America that supports our troops in every way just like we support our President. Thank you Pocahontas for your comments. Support is not to feel sorry for them and have them leave just because we have lost some good men. We are the super power of the world and we need to pull together and stand as one nation Under God. I think America is on the leading edge of a wake up call and I do not think it will be to late and I see many people my age moving in that direction. It is a good thing. American by birth and southern by the Grace of God
God Bless our troops and their families I keep them in my prayers all the time.

Isaac-Saxxon
Old 04-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #30
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
I hate this war as much as the liberals, but we must continue to fund it. We destoyed their country, therefore we need to clean up our mess.

Bush had my vote twice, but he made a huge mistake invading Iraq. We needed to put all our efforts into finding Bin Laden. Looks like Iran is stirring things up to start a war with us and our resources are extremely low, so I don't know how we will be able to afford to go to war with a country that most likely did have something to do with 9/11.