Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 03-29-2007, 06:20 PM   #361
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Talking Let us hear it for the Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
I missed you Brain your posts are interesting as most will agree it keeps us all coming back here
The Brain and Stephen Hawkins two Brains, yes quite right. You seem to have mellowed Brain we miss that old fire buddy. How about this question ? Do you think that Christians are taking over LA ? It could be rough if that happened. I know the people that are saved are just growing in number so it is far from being dead. Stay strong and the truth will come it will come
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:00 AM   #362
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
I missed you Brain your posts are interesting as most will agree it keeps us all coming back here
Ummm, thanx for the compliment?!?!?!

....but you shouldn't expect me to make an appearance everyday, ESPECIALLY with all this beautiful weather we've been having!!!!

In fact, the safest bet would be that if I don't post in the morning that I won't be around at all.

....but today is payday AND I go off emergency call, so don't look for me to be playing on the internet tonight either. I'm going beer drinking and beaver hunting....just hope I don't wake up with a Nutria rat

Last edited by BrainSmashR; 03-30-2007 at 07:13 AM.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:03 AM   #363
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
The Brain and Stephen Hawkins two Brains, yes quite right. You seem to have mellowed Brain we miss that old fire buddy. How about this question ? Do you think that Christians are taking over LA ? It could be rough if that happened. I know the people that are saved are just growing in number so it is far from being dead. Stay strong and the truth will come it will come
Isaac
We live in a Christian nation....that's like saying Americans are taking over Louisiana.

However, thanks to separation of church and state, people like you and Roy Moore are the only ones who will be in for a rough ride.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:32 AM   #364
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Talking The ride is only rough if you do not know where you are going

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
We live in a Christian nation....that's like saying Americans are taking over Louisiana.

However, thanks to separation of church and state, people like you and Roy Moore are the only ones who will be in for a rough ride.
I have a great ride going and it will be taking me to a even better place. I hope Roy Moore is there and I feel like he will be but it is not up to me. Same goes for you Brain I hope you are there too. You need not ever worry for me I am very happy and have the best advocate one could ever have ! Christ . Yes it is faith and it is mine and I try to share the Word with anybody that will open their eyes and ears to the Word of God. I hope you have a great weekend and have a beer for me. You know the first miracle that Christ did was to change water in to wine at the wedding feast.
Isaac
Old 03-30-2007, 10:31 AM   #365
Interested w/ an Opinion

Rep Power: 0 Interested w/ an Opinion is a jewel in the rough Interested w/ an Opinion is a jewel in the rough Interested w/ an Opinion is a jewel in the rough Interested w/ an Opinion is a jewel in the rough
Thanks to all for welcoming me to the site. When I first started reading I let myself get upset because of Brains comments. But after reading further I realized there are so many more good comments and thoughts to read than his. He is serving his purpose. How many of us have become dormant in our study of the Bible? Brain is inspiring us to defend our faith to anyone and everyone who will listen. I actually think Brain would like to be convinced. He talks big of how much fun he is having. He thinks just because you are a Christian you can't have any fun. PLEASE! The only difference is my fun doesn't leave me with a hangover or an empty feeling wishing there was something more to life. I'm not a holy roller by any means. I just try to live my life as well as I can. I make plenty of mistakes. But I keep trying to live as God wants me live. When I fail I know God will forgive me and help me. Yep. There's that Faith again.
Interested w/ an Opinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:03 PM   #366
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
You know, I just had an interesting thought.

Why do we not have concrete, physical evidence of God's existance (other than His creations)?
Because He doesn't want us to have any!

Why does He not want us to have any evidence that He exists?
Because we're suppose to follow our hearts and just believe.

I'll tell Brain exactly what he wants to hear. YES! All we have is our faith because that is all God wants us have. The faith is the test! It is the pencil and the paper and He is the teacher (calculators aren't allowed )! We will not know 100% if we are right until after the test is over and handed in. If we remember to study and what the test is all about, we'll get an A in the end.

I'm not a Christian myself, but I'd imagine this isn't a bad analogy.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:29 PM   #367
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Very good Anime I knew you had it in you

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
You know, I just had an interesting thought.

Why do we not have concrete, physical evidence of God's existance (other than His creations)?
Because He doesn't want us to have any!

Why does He not want us to have any evidence that He exists?
Because we're suppose to follow our hearts and just believe.

I'll tell Brain exactly what he wants to hear. YES! All we have is our faith because that is all God wants us have. The faith is the test! It is the pencil and the paper and He is the teacher (calculators aren't allowed )! We will not know 100% if we are right until after the test is over and handed in. If we remember to study and what the test is all about, we'll get an A in the end.

I'm not a Christian myself, but I'd imagine this isn't a bad analogy.
God like a parent needs to hear I love you and thank you first and foremost and life if full of love some of it hard love as with a bad child and other times that tender love that same child needs. He would not send the hard love if He did not love you so kiss the paddle and move on to better ground. It is faith and He does own all souls no matter who they are so to think by not believing that you found away out well ! NOT ! He created you and will decided your long term fate. I hope you all have a good future and eternity.
Isaac
Old 03-31-2007, 12:39 AM   #368
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
Great thought! You may become a Christian, yet.
Don't get the wrong idea. I've been a Christian before (hence my fair understanding of the Christian ways), but my heart has long since abandoned that path for another. I don't mind listening to Christian lore or speaking of Christianity hypothetically. I show the Christian God as much respect as I would show any deity of any religion that is not my own. "Honor thy neighbor," so to speak.

I have nothing against Christianity or its followers, but God gave me a heart that belongs to a different path.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:59 AM   #369
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Non-Christians who believe in God are at the very least half way there. In my ever so humble opinion, I think that belief in God is the main step that will get you somewhere. (where I'm not so sure) But somewhere. That's half of it. Now belief in Christ is a different (but related) matter. That is not a matter of faith but rather a matter of grace. The whole concept of Christ is that as believers in God, some of us are so messed up that we would never work out way out of debt to God (via karma) So Christ came to be and opened up a new door thru grace for anyone can walk thru. Now speaking for myself, I am so messed up (in my humble opinion) that I must rely on grace to save me. (rather than karma) I'm OK with that. Now for those who are so perfect that they don't need grace to save them in a similar manner, then my hat is off to them. For them, eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth is the rule. Choose one or the other, because that is all that there is. (to choose from)
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:03 AM   #370
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

but God gave me a heart that belongs to a different path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Don't get the wrong idea. I've been a Christian before (hence my fair understanding of the Christian ways), but my heart has long since abandoned that path for another. I don't mind listening to Christian lore or speaking of Christianity hypothetically. I show the Christian God as much respect as I would show any deity of any religion that is not my own. "Honor thy neighbor," so to speak.

I have nothing against Christianity or its followers, but God gave me a heart that belongs to a different path.
For now anyway and thank you for showing the respect that we should all show for each other and different faiths. Where does the thread we call life take us after this step ? Man still seeking that silver thread back to the start of life some think this and some think that. Good post Anime
Isaac
Old 03-31-2007, 01:06 AM   #371
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 237 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Non-Christians who believe in God are at the very least half way there. In my ever so humble opinion, I think that belief in God is the main step that will get you somewhere. (where I'm not so sure) But somewhere. That's half of it. Now belief in Christ is a different (but related) matter. That is not a matter of faith but rather a matter of grace. The whole concept of Christ is that as believers in God, some of us are so messed up that we would never work out way out of debt to God (via karma) So Christ came to be and opened up a new door thru grace for anyone can walk thru. Now speaking for myself, I am so messed up (in my humble opinion) that I must rely on grace to save me. (rather than karma) I'm OK with that. Now for those who are so perfect that they don't need grace to save them in a similar manner, then my hat is off to them. For them, eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth is the rule. Choose one or the other, because that is all that there is. (to choose from)
Nice thought.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:19 AM   #372
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Well put rhertz and Isabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Nice thought.
Thank God for Christ and His Grace. I hope you all have a great weekend it has been a very long week and I am ready for some R&R for sure. All the kids gone for the weekend just need to make sure there are no mail order kids coming See ya on the other side.
Isaac
Old 04-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #373
refugen3

Rep Power: 0 refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice
I'm new at this

I've been reading for the last hour or so and forgot the original question. So I looked back...is christianity in trouble? Well it may be, but the good thing is this topic sure does reveal a lot of strong emmotion! In my opinion we may be facing a new awakening.
refugen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:03 PM   #374
refugen3

Rep Power: 0 refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice
oops

In response to my last post I went backwards and realized the original question was brought back into play. Guess I'll be more careful next time
refugen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #375
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by refugen3
In response to my last post I went backwards and realized the original question was brought back into play. Guess I'll be more careful next time
LOL, In my opinion, it never hurts to try to stay on topic! It's good to see a new face on board.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote