Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 10-17-2007, 11:16 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Superbug Scare

Experts say that U.S. deaths from deadly drug-resistant staph could surpass AIDS deaths
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #2
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Why is "AIDS deaths" a milestone? AIDS doesn't really kill too many people in this country.

Why not "kills more people than slippery bathtubs" or "more people than huffing paint?"
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #3
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
Why is "AIDS deaths" a milestone? AIDS doesn't really kill too many people in this country.

Why not "kills more people than slippery bathtubs" or "more people than huffing paint?"
Maybe because people do not fear those things as much. News stories are all about invoking extreme feelings (entertainment), not conveying facts in an efficient manner (journalism) IMHO...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:54 PM   #4
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
What sensible person in this ocuntry is afraid of AIDS, quite possibly the most easily-avoidable disease ever?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
What sensible person in this ocuntry is afraid of AIDS, quite possibly the most easily-avoidable disease ever?
What sensible person would do crack? It's easy to avoid. But some people do. I'm afraid of what crack addicts might do, even though I am not one.

What's my point? Heck if I know...
Old 10-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I see the police and medical people with there protective wrappers on before they get near anything. It is the gift that keeps on giving.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:14 PM   #7
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
One of my daughters got staph from school and it kept coming back and surfacing on the skin off and on for over a year. Everytime she got a knick or cut from something it reappeared. It spreads so quickly too. It would be a teeny bump the size of an ant bite one day and the next day the size of a quarter. I had to take her in each time for strong antibiotics and topical treatments. I'm always worried that it is still lying dormant and will reappear at some point.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:09 AM   #8
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

FOX NEWS -- Oct 18 2007 10:09 AM
San Antonio Clinic Treats 300-500 Staph Infections A Month
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:11 AM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

I hear that the worst thing that anyone can touch is the first floor button in a hospital elevator. My sister told me this and she uses her elbow to punch hospital elevator buttons, no matter which floor, LOL...
Old 10-18-2007, 11:39 AM   #10
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
I hear that the worst thing that anyone can touch is the first floor button in a hospital elevator. My sister told me this and she uses her elbow to punch hospital elevator buttons, no matter which floor, LOL...
I always flush public toilets with my foot! I don't want to touch everyone's prewashed potty germs!I can see this might be harder for you men unless you are really a high kicker!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote