Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

Old 04-25-2007, 07:02 PM   #16
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
People do not need to join the military for benefits. The government gives away plenty!
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:06 PM   #17
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
People do not need to join the military for benefits. The government gives away plenty!
My point exactly. It's just turned into an advertising and propaganda and "call of duty/call to arms" scheme more than a legitimate military service for its true reasons.

Those who risk their lives and serve do deserve the benefits, but they should focus more on other aspects when recruiting. (Even though their current method will rope in more people into the bunch that maybe are not necessarily wanting to be involved in what they didn't think about).

But yes, I agree.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:50 PM   #18
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
Are you initiating those votes in congress? I don't believe so. Your vote does not mean anything unless you send it to the two major political parties with the same agenda behind them: making money.
1.)That's why it's called a Republic, kid. Get used to it.
2.) I'm a conservative, not interested in initiating or even supporting a change to the constitution.
3.) I have been proud to cast my vote for one of the 2 major political parties since I was old enough to vote. Feel free to waste your vote on any third party candidate of your choice as often as you see fit.
Quote:
If I end up in jail, then that's under circumstance alone, as criminals like myself get away with things every day, and it's purely by chance that anyone is ever caught and reprimanded for their actions. By the by, I've been caught before by police with drugs and been let off.
Honesty, another difference between children/criminals and adults. Pretty soon you won't have that excuse so you better make sure that buzz is worth a permanent record.
Quote:
No drug dealer ever came to me wanting to sell drugs, I researched them for myself and administered them myself without any other help from people near me. You, like everyone else here, don't know my situation or my past and can't speak for anyone except yourself, to which you've done nothing so far; all you can do is reply to people by telling them they're wrong.
Actually everyone here has been 17 and I'm sure more than are willing to admit have experimented with drugs. I don't have to know your past to know your situation and where it will lead you, kid. I can give you a list of friends I buried to prove it.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #19
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
2.) I'm a conservative, not interested in initiating or even supporting a change to the constitution.
3.) I have been proud to cast my vote for one of the 2 major political parties since I was old enough to vote. Feel free to waste your vote on any third party candidate of your choice as often as you see fit.
But why is it a third-party and not a legitimately considered and supported opportunity for others to branch out and support less popularized and lesser known ideas? Because people view it as a waste to support those who are known by history's showing that their vote will not be seen in the large scheme of things.

Quote:
Honesty, another difference between children/criminals and adults. Pretty soon you won't have that excuse so you better make sure that buzz is worth a permanent record.
I have no record, and don't ever hope to have one in the United States, I will almost certainly be emigrating immediately after getting my free education offered by my scholastic achievements and them moving on to better places.

Quote:
Actually everyone here has been 17 and I'm sure more than are willing to admit have experimented with drugs. I don't have to know your past to know your situation and where it will lead you, kid. I can give you a list of friends I buried to prove it.
You don't even know me, nor anything about my drug use or personality at all. You can tell me everything you want, but the only information you have is my age, and if it floats your paper boat to try to disassemble my moral foundation, so be it, do as you please, but I will believe and permeate those ideas I see fit, just like you ignore and filter what I say to you and others, got it?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:17 PM   #20
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:

Hooray for BS!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:17 PM   #21
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
But why is it a third-party and not a legitimately considered and supported opportunity for others to branch out and support less popularized and lesser known ideas? Because people view it as a waste to support those who are known by history's showing that their vote will not be seen in the large scheme of things.
Because the next number in line after 2 is 3?!?!?!!

If you want to know why third parties aren't popular, try talking to people outside of your circle.

Quote:
I have no record, and don't ever hope to have one in the United States, I will almost certainly be emigrating immediately after getting my free education offered by my scholastic achievements and them moving on to better places.
Well good luck with that. We'll see you back when you figure out what the Found Fathers figured out more than 2 centuries ago.
Quote:

You don't even know me, nor anything about my drug use or personality at all. You can tell me everything you want, but the only information you have is my age, and if it floats your paper boat to try to disassemble my moral foundation, so be it, do as you please, but I will believe and permeate those ideas I see fit, just like you ignore and filter what I say to you and others, got it?
Most of us here "got" a depth of perception you've yet to achieve kid. It's not because you're stupid or where you live, it's because you're 17.

and you know what.....I don't care how you feel about that because you will get over it, you will grow up, you will come to realize the truth just like so many of us have done before you.....assuming you don't wind up dead in a ditch first.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:20 PM   #22
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Because the next number in line after 2 is 3?!?!?!!

If you want to know why third parties aren't popular, try talking to people outside of your circle.

Well good luck with that. We'll see you back when you figure out what the Found Fathers figured out more than 2 centuries ago.

Most of us here "got" a depth of perception you've yet to achieve kid. It's not because you're stupid or where you live, it's because you're 17.

and you know what.....I don't care how you feel about that because you will get over it, you will grow up, you will come to realize the truth just like so many of us have done before you.....assuming you don't wind up dead in a ditch first.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:23 PM   #23
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Then why don't you exercise your obviously supreme skill in this field by educating all of us who haven't had the opportunity to experience these alleged events in our lives that have brought us to the realization that we are all BrainSmashR minis inside.

Every human is equal and there is only one singular way to view the world and its workings. You are one deluded mind.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:26 PM   #24
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Then why don't you exercise your obviously supreme skill in this field by educating all of us who haven't had the opportunity to experience these alleged events in our lives that have brought us to the realization that we are all BrainSmashR minis inside.

Every human is equal and there is only one singular way to view the world and its workings. You are one deluded mind.

If every human is equal, how come you nearly failed 5th grade math?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #25
Isabella
Advanced Member

Introducing BrainSmashr in this corner............................................

EDIT:
BS posted while I was posting mine. Well, BS I am surprised you are going light on the boy. I am sure if he was an adult you would eat him alive. LOL
Old 04-25-2007, 09:31 PM   #26
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
If every human is equal, how come you nearly failed 5th grade math?
A C is not a failing grade, nor is it even near such. I don't even remember 5th grade math, but I know it affected the rest of my classes.

Were you in calculus even in your Senior year of high school? Did you have full scholarships to enter a good well-known state college in their honors section? Did you apply and get accepted into two colleges and take classes all the while completing and passing your college-level courses in your junior year of high school? I never claimed to be an expert on any subject here, I've only come to express myself and to learn more things, and obviously I have.

My statement of equality was sarcasm, ass, if you're not also such a whiz in English, either.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:32 PM   #27
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Introducing BrainSmashr in this corner............................................

EDIT:
BS posted while I was posting mine. Well, BS I am surprised you are going light on the boy. I am sure if he was an adult you would eat him alive. LOL
Unnecessarily being rude here, but why the **** do you bother posting? As I've stated before, all you do is cheer people on, rather than producing any meaningful content to introduce to any post you stick your large ass into.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:36 PM   #28
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
A C is not a failing grade, nor is it even near such. I don't even remember 5th grade math, but I know it affected the rest of my classes.

Were you in calculus even in your Senior year of high school? Did you have full scholarships to enter a good well-known state college in their honors section? Did you apply and get accepted into two colleges and take classes all the while completing and passing your college-level courses in your junior year of high school? I never claimed to be an expert on any subject here, I've only come to express myself and to learn more things, and obviously I have.

My statement of equality was sarcasm, ass, if you're not also such a whiz in English, either.
Yes well, for future reference, you might want to use the [sarcasm] tags[/sarcasm] indicating your intention. It's not like we can hear the inflections of your voice and your sarcasm has achieved nothing more than making you defensive about an event that will ultimately prove to be quite trivial in your life.....a C in 5th grade math.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:56 PM   #29
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes well, for future reference, you might want to use the [sarcasm] tags[/sarcasm] indicating your intention. It's not like we can hear the inflections of your voice and your sarcasm has achieved nothing more than making you defensive about an event that will ultimately prove to be quite trivial in your life.
As I said, state this event and educate me if you're that knowledgeable about these specified events you're citing.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:22 PM   #30
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella

Hooray for BS!
Go Brain..
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote