Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 04-12-2007, 12:42 PM   #16
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrevenator
Dave Chappelle's Show Niggar Family Video

When is Dave Chappelle going to apologize for this??

Dave is funny as hell but I don't see that he is any less offensive than Imus is. It just depends on who's saying it and the color of their skin. "Racism" somehow makes it OK. Anyone offended by comedians needs to get a life.
Yeah you might be right. But maybe it isn't because Dave is black and Imus is white. Maybe it is because Dave is funny and Imus isn't.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #17
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
It all comes down to race

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Yeah you might be right. But maybe it isn't because Dave is black and Imus is white. Maybe it is because Dave is funny and Imus isn't.
If you are white you can not say anything that is not PC but if you are black then you can say anything you want. I am a cracker, honkies and a white boy and that does not bother me a bit. I think the PC police are out of control.
Good post rhertz.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:01 PM   #18
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I've been thinking about this issue and "free speech" and all that. We all know you don't have the right to enter a theater and yell "Fire! Fire!" which might cause panic resulting in injury.

But if a comedian is in a theater and yell's "Fire! Fire!" everyone would probably continue laughing thinking it is a joke or part of the act rather than actually panic and run.

So comedians have speech rights that we not-as-funny folks don't? All I'm saying is that I think comedians sometimes think there is no line at all, just because the line that they can't cross is no where near everybody elses, at least if the comedian is funny enough. But the line is still there. It does move around a little depending on who you are. I think some comedians just make a bad choice out of the 100's of jokes they choose to tell and cross the wrong line. I'm not defending Imus, never heard of him before. I just think this whole story is over done.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #19
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrevenator
Dave Chappelle's Show Niggar Family Video

When is Dave Chappelle going to apologize for this??

Dave is funny as hell but I don't see that he is any less offensive than Imus is. It just depends on who's saying it and the color of their skin. "Racism" somehow makes it OK. Anyone offended by comedians needs to get a life.
I have to agree I found the episode I saw funny but was still somewhat shocked that was allowed on cable t.v. and that no one black nor white had put up a fuss!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:15 AM   #20
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
We have let the PC rat get into the house

The very ones that say they are here to help you (ACLU) are the same lawyers that are the PC police. Help the poor man but don't you dare call him poor. Break the back of the working man because he might have independent thoughts and that just will not do kind of like unplugging from the Matrix the agents will be coming to see you if you get out of line with their way of thinking. How is it that we as a country will let 17% of the population dictate
with the help of trial lawyers what the rest of the country can say and not say ????
Isaac
Old 04-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #21
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Imus...you will be missed.

Imus used to be on at my house every morning before I left for work. He pretty much said what the rest of us think but are affraid to say! What ever happened to freedom of speech? If a black man had said what he said they would have thought it was funny! Did anyone see the interview where Imus addressed 2 black people as "you people" MEANING THOSE TWO PEOPLE? They immediatly jumped all over him..."you people, you people" meaning he was classifying the black race as "YOU PEOPLE"! Get that dang chip off your shoulders and set an example for all of us white folks. Don't call each other nigga, nappy heads, playas, pimps etc. if you don't want the rest of the world to think it is okay for us to talk that way.
cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #22
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo kramer
Imus used to be on at my house every morning before I left for work. He pretty much said what the rest of us think but are affraid to say! What ever happened to freedom of speech? If a black man had said what he said they would have thought it was funny! Did anyone see the interview where Imus addressed 2 black people as "you people" MEANING THOSE TWO PEOPLE? They immediatly jumped all over him..."you people, you people" meaning he was classifying the black race as "YOU PEOPLE"! Get that dang chip off your shoulders and set an example for all of us white folks. Don't call each other nigga, nappy heads, playas, pimps etc. if you don't want the rest of the world to think it is okay for us to talk that way.
Well said!!Welcome to the board!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:38 PM   #23
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Kramer I think I like your

Quote:
Imus used to be on at my house every morning before I left for work. He pretty much said what the rest of us think but are afraid to say! What ever happened to freedom of speech? If a black man had said what he said they would have thought it was funny! Did anyone see the interview where Imus addressed 2 black people as "you people" MEANING THOSE TWO PEOPLE? They immediately jumped all over him..."you people, you people" meaning he was classifying the black race as "YOU PEOPLE"! Get that dang chip off your shoulders and set an example for all of us white folks. Don't call each other nigga, nappy heads, playas, pimps etc. if you don't want the rest of the world to think it is okay for us to talk that way.
Do you happen to like Barney Fife too Well the PC crap is all run by a few that are driven to tear down and make life ruff on all of us. It is time for people like Imus and Ann Coulter to be heard in a large way. The big correction is coming and it ain't gone to be pretty. Welcome to the board Kramer I love that guy.
Isaac
Hey Kramer if aybody knows about the black race it is you. I think ya know what I mean.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:17 AM   #24
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
Isaac,
You seem to know me well! I guess you are a fan! Ah, yes, I do know the "race" well, as do YOU! Also, Barney Fife is a close relative! Mayberry and New York and Bossier City are closer than you think!
cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:58 AM   #25
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Voice from Christmas pass you are

Quote:
Isaac,
You seem to know me well! I guess you are a fan! Ah, yes, I do know the "race" well, as do YOU! Also, Barney Fife is a close relative! Mayberry and New York and Bossier City are closer than you think!
What year was that about 1980 when I really got to know Barney and yes Mayberry is just around the corner from all of us. Hey Paw. I think Imus will get his own show on satellite radio and he should. He will sell like Coulter and it is time to have Cracker Radio and let this PC crap go the way of the world. I am glad so see new faces on the board and someone that likes Mayberry at that.
Isaac
Old 04-14-2007, 06:42 AM   #26
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
You know what is interesting to me is that they can call each other Nappy head and such but don't dare let anybody else do it.
This is one touchy subject for me my thoughts exactly Texasbelle! If you listen to their radio stations us white people are put down like white trash, errrr crackers? Honky?????
Old 04-14-2007, 06:43 AM   #27
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Yep it just depends on who's doing it. On the other hand, as a white guy, anyone can call me a "cracker" and that is ok. In fact, it is almost like I somehow deserve it. Doesn't bother me though. I'm not a big fan of political correctness to begin with, so my skin is pretty thick.
Hey Mr. Honky, take me to court i am calling you a racist name!!! Lets get the military in on this heck write a letter to the president
Old 04-14-2007, 10:24 AM   #28
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Thumbs up This is a must read about the Imus issue

I am sure that not all avatars read Ann Coulter but this is a good read on the subject of Imus
http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi
Isaac
I think this says it all !
Old 04-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #29
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
I would like to know if this is utterly ridiculous or am I just being touchy?
This is the direct result of ignoring liberal agendas. How many times have you altered activities or speech out of fear of being called a racist? Gotta look over your shoulder before you tell that joke?

Interestingly enough, a direct correlation exists between the civil rights movement and the rise in crime, prison populations, violence, drop-out rates, lower education scores, etc, etc, etc.

I'm sure this passed with flying colors in California....to bad you guys think we're all created equally, huh?
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:46 PM   #30
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
Hey Mr. Honky, take me to court i am calling you a racist name!!! Lets get the military in on this heck write a letter to the president
Well I kinda like the sound of that. MISTER Honky. Sounds repectful. I'm not offended at all.