Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-01-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Loch Ness Monster caught on Video

Yes, it's true Loch Ness Monster caught on video !!

Story Highlights:
Quote:
• An amateur scientist has captured new video footage of the Loch Ness Monster
• "Nessie" was first captured on film in the 1930s
• There have been more than 4,000 purported sightings since then
Quote:
An amateur scientist has captured what Loch Ness Monster watchers say is among the finest footage ever taken of the elusive mythical creature reputed to swim beneath the waters of Scotland's most mysterious lake. (Watch the 'monster' footage )

"I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this jet black thing, about 45-feet (15 meters) long, moving fairly fast in the water," said Gordon Holmes, the 55-year-old a lab technician from Shipley, Yorkshire, who took the video this past Saturday.

He said it moved at about 6 mph (10 kph) and kept a fairly straight course.
Read All about: Fabled monster caught on video
See the video !! : Click here for video

TGIF everyone !!
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
You know, I've never really understood the fascination of Nessie and Bigfoot.

Do people think there is an entire race of 50' long creatures living in an isolated area like Loch Ness and they ALL have been able to elude discovery or is it just one super intelligent creature, at least 70 years old now, who has been able to keep concrete evidence out of the hands of man for nearly a century?

I swear, it simply amazes me to think about how many people in the world have more imagination than common sense.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:53 AM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Lighten up Brain.. it's Friday.. just go with it.

Things could be worse.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Yes, it's true Loch Ness Monster caught on video !!

Story Highlights:

Read All about: Fabled monster caught on video
See the video !! : Click here for video

TGIF everyone !!
I thought I saw a Loch Ness Monster like creature in the Red River but it turned out to be MR. HANKIE
Heidi Ho
Click image for larger version

Name:	ness2.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	673
TGIF to ya LN and a great weekend just ahead
Love the SBRadio have had it on in my office all morning
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:01 PM   #5
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Lighten up Brain.. it's Friday.. just go with it.

Things could be worse.
...and what exactly is wrong with posing a serious question even if the subject is lighthearted?

We might actually HAVE some believers among us who can share a little insight....
Old 06-01-2007, 12:05 PM   #6
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
...and what exactly is wrong with posing a serious question even if the subject is lighthearted?

We might actually HAVE some believers among us who can share a little insight....
There is absolutely nothing wrong with posing the question..
It's just like when my kids ask an intelligent question about the cheesy SCI-FI show we might be watching... I just tell them to "go with it"
Old 06-01-2007, 12:11 PM   #7
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with posing the question..
It's just like when my kids ask an intelligent question about the cheesy SCI-FI show we might be watching... I just tell them to "go with it"
Well what can I say....we've all done that, but somehow actually reading it on paper just makes it seem so wrong....
Old 06-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #8
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Well what can I say....we've all done that, but somehow actually reading it on paper just makes it seem so wrong....
LOL just keep in mind.. I made the post all in good fun.. I don't believe for a minute there's anything down there either. Or like you say.. it's been damn good at hiding all these years..
Old 06-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #9
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
For BS - some of my favorite quotes - PLEASE know they are just for fun, not any serious statements being made here:

"To imagine is everything - to know is nothing at all!" - anonymous

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." - John Lennon

It's just fun to play around with the all of the possibilities you suggested for Nessie (many creatures or just one elusive monster). According to Wikipedia, the lake is huge, extremely deep (the Tower of London could be submerged into its deepest spot), and is very murky due to the peat that grows in it. It's also very cold. It is interconnected with other waterways & lochs.

Therefore, divers have a hard time exploring the loch. It's an unchartered and mysterious - like the Black Forest in Germany for the Grimm Brothers - the birthplace of fairytales and legends. Native American stories are much the same. We are drawn to the inexplicable!

The video is extemely clear compared to those in the past! I'm not sure that I believe there is a creature there, but the possibility that there could be does exist! I hope the mystery is never solved and we are always left to make up our own stories!
Old 06-01-2007, 03:48 PM   #10
BrainSmashR
Banned

Actually Loch Ness is only 23 miles long with an average depth of about 600'.

WELL within the study range of modern technology. You're telling me we can find submarines in the vast depths of the worlds oceans but can't find a single 50' long creature in a lake even though, theoretically speaking, there must be at least TWO for the species to propagate.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:50 PM   #11
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I say don't look too hard for it. Can we not just keep some mysteries of the world a mystery?
Old 06-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #12
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I say don't look too hard for it. Can we not just keep some mysteries of the world a mystery?

That's against MY religion.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #13
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
You know, I've never really understood the fascination of Nessie and Bigfoot.
Hey I believe in sasquatch

rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #14
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
That's against MY religion.
Obviously not against Walt Disney's! He built an empire on the stuff dreams are made of!! Imagination can be profitable.

BTW, like the sasquatch video, rhertz.

Last edited by Sheba; 06-01-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
Obviously not against Walt Disney's! He built an empire on the stuff dreams are made of!! Imagination can be profitable.

BTW, like the sadquatch video, rhertz.
Hey Teacher that would be sasquatch Nice video rhertz it made me laugh for sure. I still can remember when The Legend of Boggy Creek came out and we took our dates to see it and then in the woods for a nice ride down in Frierson in big woods. Worked very nice
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote