Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Health

Notices

Old 03-08-2007, 07:38 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Are You A Good Role Model?

We recently renovated our house, giving our girls new ways to test authority. Just minutes after we moved back in, Lucy, 4, was sliding down the early-1900s banister, while Olivia, 9, headed to our pristine family room carrying a bag of Goldfish crackers and dropping crumbs along the way.

sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:17 AM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Lol! Kids will be kids.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:30 PM   #3
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbl_admin
We recently renovated our house, giving our girls new ways to test authority. Just minutes after we moved back in, Lucy, 4, was sliding down the early-1900s banister, while Olivia, 9, headed to our pristine family room carrying a bag of Goldfish crackers and dropping crumbs along the way.
are you asking if we feel we are a good role model?
Old 03-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
You can judge the tree by the fruit it produces

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
are you asking if we feel we are a good role model?
I have three good kids (by no means perfect) but good students and good tax payers. They respect their friends and family and 23 years of work and I can see the fruit and it is good.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:48 PM   #5
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I have three good kids (by no means perfect) but good students and good tax payers. They respect their friends and family and 23 years of work and I can see the fruit and it is good.
Isaac
I feel I did the best that I could with the best that I had and instilled all the morals and values I was taught. My kids are by far perfect as no ones kids are if they are I would like to meet them. We are all human and there are some bad parents but I feel I did a great job. My mother tells me this often since she sees my kids more than I do and sees the fruits. Raising children didn't come with a book to show us how but it's what we are usually taught on what we do and some of us (i know for myself) I tried to do things my parents didn't do with me and it all worked out.

No one would really like to admit they were a bad parent i do feel in todays society more parents are too laid back where our parents were a bit more strict.

ex: not my child! my child would never do that! parents fighting in defense and denial of things their children do. Children do learn this is how it is and get away with more than they should. In my day if I would have did some of the things I have seen other children do today, my parents would have said take her to jail, give her punish work, suspend her, etc.

This is just from observance and not saying I never said not my child, I honestly didn't always believe them when they said they didn't (especially one child of mine) but sometimes they were right and the adult was wrong but I had to have proof before jumping to conclusions of defending.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Where would we be with out Mom's

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
I feel I did the best that I could with the best that I had and instilled all the morals and values I was taught. My kids are by far perfect as no ones kids are if they are I would like to meet them. We are all human and there are some bad parents but I feel I did a great job. My mother tells me this often since she sees my kids more than I do and sees the fruits. Raising children didn't come with a book to show us how but it's what we are usually taught on what we do and some of us (i know for myself) I tried to do things my parents didn't do with me and it all worked out.

No one would really like to admit they were a bad parent i do feel in todays society more parents are too laid back where our parents were a bit more strict.

ex: not my child! my child would never do that! parents fighting in defense and denial of things their children do. Children do learn this is how it is and get away with more than they should. In my day if I would have did some of the things I have seen other children do today, my parents would have said take her to jail, give her punish work, suspend her, etc.

This is just from observance and not saying I never said not my child, I honestly didn't always believe them when they said they didn't (especially one child of mine) but sometimes they were right and the adult was wrong but I had to have proof before jumping to conclusions of defending.
We all like to see our children happy but that tuff love is needed and all to often the father is not to be found and it is the mother that will never leave a child and worry for her child till the day she dies. That is nature working and yes there are bad moms doing crack and other problems but most sober moms will stay the coarse. Thank God for Mothers
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:30 PM   #7
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
My children were taught to respect adults. In the classroom, they must abide by the rules, it was not always someone else's fault. I must say, my child never got in trouble at school. He saved his bad behavior for home. When he would come home griping about a teacher or principal's behavior, I never agreed. I would tell him it is the teacher's class or prinicipal's school and he must abide by the rules. Sometimes I agreed with him, but I never let him know that. My other child is disabled, so we had different circumstances with him.

I feel I was a good role model because I practiced what I preached.